Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you bought DJT stock?
Yes 0 0%
No 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2024, 07:02 PM

17,616 posts, read 6,898,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarianRavenwood View Post
IPOs in general are terrible bets. Pets.com. Casper. Reddit. Sundial Growers.

But unlike these, there's not really much indication of growth with Trump Social. By their own reports, less than 1 million users in its first week, which dropped to 60k per week after that. A year later, they've only boosted users to 2 million in the two years since--less than 3% of all social media accounts. Barely 500k users that use the platform daily (0.2% of daily X users).

They have liabilities at last report of over $60m--and no major advertisers or any discernable means of generating revenue.
Don't worry, Marian, you can invest your money in the green energy companies. I recommend Solyndra.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,944,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
It's weird is what it is. Suckers are born every day, though, and the gullible are always ripe for the taking. If you look beneath the surface to see the makeup of a company, their operations, their products, their financials, you start to see the picture emerge. Long term outlook: meh. Not to mention their claim to fame - the ex-P - is turning 78 yrs old, declining, and won't be around at some point.
Indeed, I didn’t even think about that. I don’t think the price is at all sustainable, the emperor has no clothes, but if people want to throw their money down the drain, so it be, so it is.

Old 03-26-2024, 08:36 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,944,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarianRavenwood View Post
IPOs in general are terrible bets. Pets.com. Casper. Reddit. Sundial Growers.

But unlike these, there's not really much indication of growth with Trump Social. By their own reports, less than 1 million users in its first week, which dropped to 60k per week after that. A year later, they've only boosted users to 2 million in the two years since--less than 3% of all social media accounts. Barely 500k users that use the platform daily (0.2% of daily X users).

They have liabilities at last report of over $60m--and no major advertisers or any discernable means of generating revenue.
Well, they’re selling the data of the Truthers, or whatever they’re called.

Because they have a high retention rate and a very loyal following of Trumpers, there’s likely money to be made selling data to those targeting preppers or incontinence or whathaveyou.

If you’re not paying for the product, you are the product.

But yeah, usage numbers are pathetic compared to similar platforms. No doubt.

Old 03-26-2024, 09:03 PM

17,616 posts, read 6,898,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
It's weird is what it is. Suckers are born every day, though, and the gullible are always ripe for the taking. If you look beneath the surface to see the makeup of a company, their operations, their products, their financials, you start to see the picture emerge. Long term outlook: meh. Not to mention their claim to fame - the ex-P - is turning 78 yrs old, declining, and won't be around at some point.
There is value in buying the stock, if for no other reason than it triggers the Democrat base, which has destroyed this country.

Old 03-27-2024, 12:37 PM

8,330 posts, read 2,960,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Nope.

But I find it hysterical that liberals are losing their minds.
Hysterical and highly entertaining. I called this years ago when I said TDS will make Trump rich and back in the WH.

I welcome much more TDS. Free and valuable publicity or Trump.

More witch-hunts and TDS. PLEASE!

Old 03-27-2024, 01:18 PM

34,043 posts, read 47,260,557 times
I added a poll.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 03-27-2024, 01:44 PM

8,679 posts, read 11,073,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I added a poll.
lame
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies