Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2024, 12:32 PM

35,687 posts, read 21,039,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
Greater Orlando and the academic centers of Tallahassee and Gainesville also lean blue. Broward County (with its large Black and Jewish populations, and fewer Cubans) is actually the most Democratic part of South Florida, not Miami-Dade.
Just read most Californians who moved to Fl headed to SFL, Jax and Tampa Bay. I’m trying to determine if those were republicans, I don’t know. In Orlando, the Puerto Rican community is mostly pro Trump. Go figure. Well I know why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2024, 12:36 PM

4,542 posts, read 2,266,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Just read most Californians who moved to Fl headed to SFL, Jax and Tampa Bay. I’m trying to determine if those were republicans, I don’t know. In Orlando, the Puerto Rican community is mostly pro Trump. Go figure. Well I know why.

Why? Serious question.

Old 03-27-2024, 12:43 PM

6,725 posts, read 6,718,975 times
I'll never forget Bernie praising Fidel Castro during the 2020 primaries and thinking wow the Dems have just lost Florida. Wasn't the only factor but the lack of a response from the rest of the party was surprising.

Old 03-27-2024, 12:46 PM

6,540 posts, read 12,037,130 times
Quote:
Back during his first year of 2017 most Puerto Ricans I knew were anti-Trump, because of his response or lack there of to Hurricane Maria. I remember the roll of paper towels that he tossed them, lol.

Old 03-27-2024, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Why? Serious question.
I’ve been to PR and have family and friends who are PRican, and the main problem is the link between them and other Hispanics. They are Americans and even though many can’t speak English - they know this is their homeland. Many resent the others - illegals, refugees, asylum seekers etc. getting any preferential treatment of any kind. As most folks just put them in one category-Latino or Hispanic they are always balled up as one. They don’t like it. They are conservative in the abortion and economic issues. They believe in trickle down economics. Follow the money guy and you will also get rich.

Old 03-27-2024, 01:01 PM

16,551 posts, read 8,592,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I'm surprised AZ isn't solid blue yet. It will be soon from all the CA arrivals.

FL is still a swing state though trend is red.

GA is still light red though has a strong blue trend.

NC seems a slow red drift but I would still call a swing state. Gerrymandering changes perception.
If not for the mass numbers in just a few urban hellhole cities, many states would not be blue or even swing states.
FL for example has a (R) super majority in their state House/Senate, a (R) governor, and two (R) US Senators.
However, in potus elections Broward/Palm Beach which are loaded with (D) snowbirds, plus a couple of other places in the I-4 corridor vote D, and can almost win the election for president.

Old 03-27-2024, 01:19 PM

Quote:
I’ve been to PR and have family and friends who are PRican, and the main problem is the link between them and other Hispanics. They are Americans and even though many can’t speak English - they know this is their homeland. Many resent the others - illegals, refugees, asylum seekers etc. getting any preferential treatment of any kind. As most folks just put them in one category-Latino or Hispanic they are always balled up as one. They don’t like it. They are conservative in the abortion and economic issues. They believe in trickle down economics. Follow the money guy and you will also get rich.
Thanks. Do you agree with their views or no?

Old 03-27-2024, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Back during his first year of 2017 most Puerto Ricans I knew were anti-Trump, because of his response or lack there of to Hurricane Maria. I remember the roll of paper towels that he tossed them, lol.
They have forgotten that mess. Since Maria, many moved to Orlando etc. a PR dad told me Sunday he was voting for Trump. Told him had all the rights, but to do his research. His vague answer, wanted to buy a house. So they blame the bad economy on Biden, and trust Trump to fix it.

Old 03-27-2024, 01:49 PM

Quote:
They have forgotten that mess. Since Maria, many moved to Orlando etc. a PR dad told me Sunday he was voting for Trump. Told him had all the rights, but to do his research. His vague answer, wanted to buy a house. So they blame the bad economy on Biden, and trust Trump to fix it.

Smart people. The bad economy is on Biden.

Old 03-27-2024, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Thanks. Do you agree with their views or no?
No, I do not, because they are delusional if they think they are not looked at as “other.” How many times people have complained that they display their PR flags and don’t speak English, and do not integrate into the community. Even when the poll goes out should PR become a state. The majority here say H no!
Now in PR they can’t vote for the Potus, only the primaries. The majority there are republicans . When they move to the mainland, they keep their Republican Party affiliation. In my view, it’s based on economics. Who has the most money, that’s who they join.

Last edited by tinytrump; 03-27-2024 at 02:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies