Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2024, 03:22 PM

31,003 posts, read 22,045,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
They won't because to them it's a jihad.
Good point. Those of us in the West don't understand 1400 of Islamist assaults on the rest of the world world. Can't argue with their attacks in the US, Europe, Russia, India, Darfur, and many other places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2024, 03:34 PM

14,955 posts, read 9,790,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
All this over some BS piece of land in some fictional fairytale books detailing what may or may not have happened LOL. Nuke the whole land into rubble.. Now there isn't anything to fight over is there?' Then maybe we can get some sanity back to the earth.. Not insanity where people fight over fairytale religion and fictional invisible beings that live in the sky and under the ground. Its amazing its 2024 and people still believe in this BS

Religion should be the bane of anyone's existence. Its caused more problems and bloodshed than anything. Not to mention extortion as well
That is some seriously sick stuff you just posted.

Old 03-30-2024, 03:37 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,588 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Shani's parents have begged people to stop sharing that photo. Please remember that the only reason why we know she's dead is because they found a piece of her skull that she could not have survived without. Hamas has not released her body.

Unfortunately, many people on the alt-left claim that Shani was killed by the IDF despite the photos. The same type of folks who look at photos like Rimon Kirsht (who just lost her husband, a hostage who Hamas starved to death), Maya Regev, and 13 year old Gali Tarshansky saying that they look like they're in love with the people who killed their parents, spouses, siblings and neighbors. Seeing this photo doesn't sway anyone at this point.
Her father has spoken out, in support of the award for this photo.

Reminds me of Emmett Till's mother insisting on an open casket and journalists present for Emmett's funeral. Let the world see the evil, so the death of their loved one will at least have some affect and not be totally in vain.

https://www.businessinsider.com/shan...to-body-2024-3

Old 03-30-2024, 03:38 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,983,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
That is some seriously sick stuff you just posted.

No whats sick is people killing and torturing each other over fairlytales. Especially now when people are supposed to have logic, common sense, believe in SCIENCE that would dictate there is no possible way any of this nonsense ever happened. What do parents do when two kids are fighting over a toy? They take the toy away

Last edited by DorianRo; 03-30-2024 at 03:53 PM..

Old 03-30-2024, 03:41 PM

983 posts, read 514,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Her father has spoken out, in support of the award for this photo.

Reminds me of Emmett Till's mother insisting on an open casket and journalists present for Emmett's funeral. Let the world see the evil, so the death of their loved one will at least have some affect and not be totally in vain.

https://www.businessinsider.com/shan...to-body-2024-3
I cannot disagree with her mother. Let the world see the evil.

Old 03-30-2024, 06:12 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Religion should be the bane of anyone's existence. Its caused more problems and bloodshed than anything. Not to mention extortion as well
I've noticed that people who don't have any religion tend to lump them all together. "All" religions are bad. "All" religions are the bane of anyone's existence. "All" religions have caused bloodshed.

WRONG.

It wasn't Christians who butchered innocent men, women, and children on October 7th. Nor was it Jews, or Buddhists, or Bahai, or Hindus, or Sikhs, or Shintoists. Care to guess who it was?

All religions are not the same, even if you choose not to notice the differences between them.

Old 03-31-2024, 05:18 PM

8,207 posts, read 3,479,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
They’re not. One recounted calling his family excitedly telling them “I killed Jews!!! I killed Jews with my own hands!!!” (Lest anyone try to tell you it’s only about Israel and not Jews in general that they hate)
I had no idea how much Jews are still hated by so many people until October 7th and the aftermath. I knew that Muslims hate Jews, but regular society is full of people who hate Jews.

Old 03-31-2024, 05:19 PM

16,545 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
All my neutrality got tossed aside when I saw the Palestinians celebrating murdering that poor girl and dragging her body around, just evil and sick.
While not all Palestinians are supporters of Hamas and bed people, I remember getting the same feeling when I saw them celebrating in the streets (making that weird sound some of them make) after 9/11

Old 03-31-2024, 06:01 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
yeah, that photo. i can see why people are upset, but they should also realize this puts the hamas brutes in the worst possible light.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...as-israel.html
The attention the anti Israel sentiment has gotten of late is pretty tough to swallow. To the point of Hamas being painted as innocent victims and Israelis like Sani Louk deserve barbarous treatment showcased as justified rage. I bend no knee to the Star of David but Hamas is as much my enemy as Israels. Hamas and their ilk are far below animals on a Darwinian scale. I don't blame Israel one bit for getting decisive in their retaliatory campaign. I'd want blood if the 10/7 attacks happened on US soil. Damn straight.

Yeah, folks don't have to love Israel or be Hebrew to see Hamas as loathsome vermin on the same order as bed bugs that there's just no coexisting with.

Old 03-31-2024, 06:22 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Hamas knows they will be remembered as brutes and killers. They want that. They don't want to be seen as the "good guys". From our perspective, they will be the bad guys. I know that Hamas is a terrorist group that will do cruel stuff like this. I also know something else. Hamas doesn't want any "good guy" status. Those terrorists want the complete elimination of Israel. They don't care how it makes them look to the rest of the world. This is why negotiating with terrorists is an exercise in futility. Terrorists only understand violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies