Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2024, 09:21 AM

53,549 posts, read 35,279,208 times

Advertisements

yeah, that photo. i can see why people are upset, but they should also realize this puts the hamas brutes in the worst possible light.

Quote:
Photo agency AP won the world's oldest photojournalism award for its picture of Shani Louk's dead body on the morning of the October 7 attack

The agency has denied claims its photographers collaborated with Hamas to get the winning shots

Friends of the 22-year-old said she should be remembered as she was when she was alive
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...as-israel.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2024, 09:27 AM

6,015 posts, read 2,951,733 times
Perhaps the Israeli Mossad should visit the award winning imbedded photographer of 10/7 .

Old 03-29-2024, 09:31 AM

31,034 posts, read 19,620,981 times
All my neutrality got tossed aside when I saw the Palestinians celebrating murdering that poor girl and dragging her body around, just evil and sick.

Old 03-29-2024, 09:57 AM

6,511 posts, read 2,811,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
yeah, that photo. i can see why people are upset, but they should also realize this puts the hamas brutes in the worst possible light.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...as-israel.html
Hamas doesn't care how they look to outsiders. I suspect that this photo may be very popular among the Hamas and used as some sort of motivation by their people.

Old 03-29-2024, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Hamas doesn't care how they look to outsiders. I suspect that this photo may be very popular among the Hamas and used as some sort of motivation by their people.
i could see them using it as a recruiting photo.

Old 03-29-2024, 12:28 PM

22,068 posts, read 25,443,408 times
As much as I can see why friends/family will remember her as she was alive, it's not how the world will. The world remembers her as they came to know her which was by that photograph. I'd highly encourage friends/family to remember her as she was alive as a person rather than as a martyr which is how Western world does.

Old 03-29-2024, 12:52 PM

24,818 posts, read 17,567,386 times
That is not much of a photo to win an award. There had to have been much better ones but it is still a powerful image. The men in that truck went out that morning to hunt and like many deer hunters here in the states they killed the innocent target and took it home with them. Deer hunters will eat the meat. What were these guys going to do with the body?

Still, do we really care if Terrorists are unhappy about how they are portrayed. They are monsters that butcher innocent people and this photo shows that.

Old 03-29-2024, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
That is not much of a photo to win an award. There had to have been much better ones but it is still a powerful image. The men in that truck went out that morning to hunt and like many deer hunters here in the states they killed the innocent target and took it home with them. Deer hunters will eat the meat. What were these guys going to do with the body?

Still, do we really care if Terrorists are unhappy about how they are portrayed. They are monsters that butcher innocent people and this photo shows that.
i don't think the terrorists are unhappy about it at all - they probably have wall-sized posters of it on their walls. and no, we don't care if they are unhappy, which they very likely aren't.

Old 03-29-2024, 01:02 PM

51,520 posts, read 37,195,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i don't think the terrorists are unhappy about it at all - they probably have wall-sized posters of it on their walls. and no, we don't care if they are unhappy, which they very likely aren't.
They’re not. One recounted calling his family excitedly telling them “I killed Jews!!! I killed Jews with my own hands!!!” (Lest anyone try to tell you it’s only about Israel and not Jews in general that they hate)

Old 03-29-2024, 01:04 PM

15,907 posts, read 21,569,239 times
Shani's parents have begged people to stop sharing that photo. Please remember that the only reason why we know she's dead is because they found a piece of her skull that she could not have survived without. Hamas has not released her body.

Unfortunately, many people on the alt-left claim that Shani was killed by the IDF despite the photos. The same type of folks who look at photos like Rimon Kirsht (who just lost her husband, a hostage who Hamas starved to death), Maya Regev, and 13 year old Gali Tarshansky saying that they look like they're in love with the people who killed their parents, spouses, siblings and neighbors. Seeing this photo doesn't sway anyone at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies