Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2024, 12:37 PM

73,239 posts, read 62,936,669 times

Advertisements

This isn't just in New York City proper.

This was Yonkers, March 2022. Elderly woman got attacked and beaten. And the perp wasn't that young either. He was in his early 40s. BTW, Tammel Esco got 17 years in prison for that attack.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...s-stomped.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWbQ2F5s_-Y

Old 04-07-2024, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I agree with LS Juan on this. Soros is dedicated to doing anything that scrambles organized society.
I don't agree with this. We've had the cruel and the criminal in American society forever. Soros isn't putting said thugs up to this. They're doing it on their own accord. Said thugs want to hurt people, for the fun of it. They want to do this because they are so hateful, angry, and insouciant towards the rest of society.

Old 04-07-2024, 01:03 PM

35,409 posts, read 17,303,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

To be honest, I don't care why Jesse Jackson said what he said. Furthermore, I am heavily skeptical when his quote is brought up. To me, it says "well, this Black man said it. For that reason, Black males shouldn't be upset when another person avoids them or presumes them guilty until proven otherwise".
This article, Give the People a Vision (link) and article link not paywalled (link) does not have that quote but has a lot of material like it. Excerpt:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Jackson in NY Times
The greatest potential for self‐development is to be found in the public schools in our cities. That is also where there is now the greatest potential for explosions. Predominantly black schools in most urban areas with high concentrations of black people—New York, Washington, Detroit, Chicago, Los Angeles, St. Louis, Boston—are largely out of control. Violence against students and teachers, perpetrated by students, is steadily and dangerously increasing. Drug abuse is an accepted fact of life; pushers operate freely in many schools, and police patrol the corridors. Discipline has broken down. In a number of New York schools, teachers complain that the places are run not by the principals but by the gangs. We need to change this because it is morally right, because it is necessary for our development, and because no one else is go. The principals are not alone: Parents, teachers, superintendents, school boards have all failed to impose discipline and create a proper atmosphere for learning. And if our young people are not learning today, we will not have the doctors, engineers, lawyers, mechanics, nurses, clerks and accountants that we will need to manage the cities

Quote:
The stereotype is there, but it shouldn't be applied to the majority of young Black males. Most of us know what we're going to see when we find videos of violence on YouTube. I know it. At the same time, I also think about this. Black males have always been stereotyped as "brutes" regardless of whether they were committing violent crimes or not. The "Black Brute" trope goes back to the Reconstruction days, just after the Civil War. To me, those videos are just gasoline on a fire that has been raging for generations.
See above. It hasn't gotten better since Jesse Jackson penned the quoted article in 1976.

Old 04-07-2024, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
This article, Give the People a Vision (link) and article link not paywalled (link) does not have that quote but has a lot of material like it. Excerpt:

See above. It hasn't gotten better since Jesse Jackson penned the quoted article in 1976.
You missed the entire point of my post. I could tell because you selected only one part.

Old 04-07-2024, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well, she deserved it, ask any leftist.
If this is supposed to be a joke, I don't find it funny.

Old 04-07-2024, 02:29 PM

219 posts, read 119,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Guy View Post
Why are they getting punched?
ALL Criminals operate from a few basic modus operandi beliefs.

IN cases like this, the Perp is operating from one or more of the following beliefs/symptoms/facts;
1. Perp is a Mental Case with a tendency for Violence against another (not necessarily women).
2. Perp believes ---they will get away with it (its a cheap thrill to hurt another).
3. Perp is an Angry Black lashing out at White Women because they are weakest (can't or won't fight back). Most of these crimes are committed by Homeless Blacks. The DA slaps them on the wrist and puts them back out on the street (no room for them in Jail ---not yet). MANY BLACKS are brainwashed to think 'White Society is against them' and 'never gave them a chance' -- when the real reason is 'lack of talent' (not lack of opportunity).
4. Perp Doesn't care if they are arrested --- the consequences 'will not' have a negative impact on their life. IN FACT, in many cases, they get a vacation from the Grueling elements and have a room and three squares a day --- its a step up!
PS. Leftoids will 'Guilt you' if you defend yourself against one of these Street Urchins. They might even charge you with a Crime if you BELT ONE OF THEM, or Hurl one of them into traffic. Homeless figures are 'Props' to point to as a Symbol of the Democrat Cause and result of Capitalism (not mental health). Leftoids believe 'Capitalism' is the Cause of Homeless-ness ---- not Mental illness !

Last edited by mr.columbo; 04-07-2024 at 02:42 PM..

Old 04-07-2024, 02:51 PM

16,768 posts, read 8,753,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twins4lynn View Post
NYC Mayer Adams is blaming TicTok. People see it (on TikTok) and duplicate the behavior (he says).

https://twitter.com/i/status/1775215845741896067

This behavior - punching women in the face - has been going on in Europe for over a year and it's had nothing to do with TikTok. Now it's happening in NYC.
Adams and Hochul are both mental midgets, and make excuses that are absurd.
I remember him saying recently that people are leaving NYC because of the rat problem.

NYC has rats, but it is not as if it is like this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxv0ZNXvmqk

He is either too stupid to realize what the causes are, or afraid the way he is running the city is causing people to leave.

While I am not on TicToc, even if I were, I would emulate disgusting or criminal behavior just because I see it on some social media platform.
Heck I could use one of those nice crystal clear big screen TV's, but just because I see thieves wheeling them out of the store when shopping with no cash, I am not headed out to do the same thing.

Lets not forget, the overwhelming number of attacks are on whites by black boys/men, and although this lady is brown, she still looks fairly white.
Heck a guy riding his bike years ago was sucker punched in the head by a black guy, and he was in a coma for years.
The criminal served only 6 months in jail and was back out on the street. The guy just recently passed. Now they are saying they might not be able to charge him with murder, which of course is insane.

Old 04-07-2024, 03:22 PM

14,042 posts, read 8,192,371 times
Great. Initially Ms. Harvard didn't feel it necessary to report the assault. She worried about the safety of her attacker given the history of excessive/deadly force by the NYPD.

Never mind the person who assaulted her was still at large and might do the same to someone else.

Quote:
At first, Harvard did not feel it necessary to report her assault to the NYPD, thinking it was an isolated event. “I thought it was probably someone who’s mentally unwell, and I really don’t trust the police department that much,” she said. “It was violent, and I’m traumatized by it, but knowing the history of the NYPD and their use of excessive and deadly force, I didn’t want anyone to be lost over this.”
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...iktok-response

Old 04-07-2024, 03:40 PM

219 posts, read 119,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Great. Initially Ms. Harvard didn't feel it necessary to report the assault. She worried about the safety of her attacker given the history of excessive/deadly force by the NYPD.

Never mind the person who assaulted her was still at large and might do the same to someone else.
Bhahaha... (figures)

This is called 'Trauma Bonding' --- where the Victim has some kind of 'Sick Sympathy' for their Abuser. --- Dr. Carnes wrote a great book on this Psych phenomena !

Sympathy for the Devil !

Old 04-07-2024, 03:48 PM

9,105 posts, read 4,801,077 times
Quote:
If New York City's population dropped by 2 million, simply through people leaving, I'm wondering if that would make a difference. I wonder if the powers that be will get the people. Part of me thinks no. Detroit lost population for decades. Only now is it starting to turn a corner.
Apples and oranges.
Detroit lost population for a different reason.

Quote:
We've heard it all because. We know who most of these attackers are. The question is this: What do you want to see done about it based on who the attackers are?
What to do? Easy. Punish the criminals (don't pretend it is not their fault), and don't make it a secret about punishing them.

Quote:
Soros has nothing to do with this. Attackers punching women are doing that on their own volition. Some individuals are just sociopaths, period.
You are wrong. Soros has a lot to do with why these sociopaths are on the street, instead of in prison.

Quote:
I don't agree with this. ...
Well, you are wrong.
Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies