Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 11:24 AM

1,399 posts, read 921,791 times

Advertisements

https://rumble.com/v4rkan9-evangelic...-viral-ra.html

It's been obvious for decades that Trump not only isn't a man of God but rather pretty much rejects every evangelical value in the Book. For 8 years, the evangelicals have just buried their heads in the sand as their preachers pretended that Trump was sent from God in order to get Republican votes, but Trump's blasphemous Bible money grab looks like it's a bridge too far this time. True evangelicals won't suddenly vote for Biden, of course, but I wonder how many will stay home this time or just leave the Presidential race blank? It's amazing that they were able to embrace for so long a man who has 5 kids with 3 different mothers/trophy wives (I wonder what the reaction would have been if Obama had a similar family, LOL...), who makes fun of the handicapped, who berates refugees, who brags about sexual assault, who dismisses veterans and POWs, and who's never actually gone to a church service maybe ever. The power of politics, even over faith...

Old 04-29-2024, 11:31 AM

20,480 posts, read 12,402,260 times
I would be considered an Evangelical.

Like most of the people that think like me, I am voting for Trump. Not because he is one of us but because Joe Biden and the Democrat party hate all things that look like an outflow of faith.

you have this 100% wrong

Old 04-29-2024, 11:32 AM

11,123 posts, read 7,188,359 times
Trump is the opposite everything the Christian / Protestant churches have traditionally spoke for, but certainly aligns with everything they were against. But many churches now are just a farce and heresy. Just political organizations with God's name stamped on them and dragged through the mud.

The rejection started years ago, and though not obvious in daily life, will get obvious again next Election Day, just like 2020.

Old 04-29-2024, 11:34 AM

78,523 posts, read 60,702,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownBucks View Post

It's been obvious for decades that Trump not only isn't a man of God but rather pretty much rejects every evangelical value in the Book. For 8 years, the evangelicals have just buried their heads in the sand as their preachers pretended that Trump was sent from God in order to get Republican votes, but Trump's blasphemous Bible money grab looks like it's a bridge too far this time. True evangelicals won't suddenly vote for Biden, of course, but I wonder how many will stay home this time or just leave the Presidential race blank? It's amazing that they were able to embrace for so long a man who has 5 kids with 3 different mothers/trophy wives (I wonder what the reaction would have been if Obama had a similar family, LOL...), who makes fun of the handicapped, who berates refugees, who brags about sexual assault, who dismisses veterans and POWs, and who's never actually gone to a church service maybe ever. The power of politics, even over faith...
Well, neither candidate is a glowing example of godliness and they held their nose the first time.

So, that leaves actual topics like abortion and far more minor things like trans which are important to that demographic.

Considering both candidates are scumbags, imo they'll hold their nose again and vote for policy.

I will be voting for neither.

Old 04-29-2024, 11:39 AM

17,819 posts, read 13,729,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

Like most of the people that think like me, I am voting for Trump. Not because he is one of us but because Joe Biden and the Democrat party hate all things that look like an outflow of faith.

you have this 100% wrong
You are going with the "Yeah, we admit he's a sleazebag... but he is our sleazebag" approach.

Totally cool with that.

But please spare us the "character counts" and "family values" lectures from now on.

Old 04-29-2024, 11:45 AM

1,573 posts, read 913,596 times
I don't know what an "evangelical" is. I only know that whenever I hear the word it's coming from an unhinged person who probably imagines some evil cabal of "Right Wing Christians" lurking under their bed at night.

If such people as Evangelicals are a real thing then I'd suggest they vote for anyone without a D next to their name because it seems like the next D administration will finally find a way to eradicate these horrible "Evangelicals" from the public sphere...or worse.

Old 04-29-2024, 11:45 AM

3,987 posts, read 5,019,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

you have this 100% wrong
No, you are 100% wrong. At least you admit he's not "one of you"!

Just because people of faith are not all evangelicals, and therefore may disagree with your politics, does not make them wrong. Your statement is faulty on many levels.

Old 04-29-2024, 11:49 AM

36,577 posts, read 30,915,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownBucks View Post

Sounds like most Christians. Sinners like everyone else, they stumble, fall they sin. Even those chosen to do God's work and follow Jesus were sinners, Pharisees and persecutors of the faithful, harlots, adulterers, murderers, the unfaithful.

I imagine the evangelicals who supported Trump will still support Trump.

Old 04-29-2024, 11:51 AM

18,480 posts, read 15,272,470 times
"The Inevitable Evangelical Rejection of Trump Is Starting"

Weird. I feel like I have heard this before.

Old 04-29-2024, 11:56 AM

20,161 posts, read 9,055,673 times
I'm not sure the evangelicals will switch to Genocide Joe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies