Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM

10,093 posts, read 5,743,857 times

Advertisements

A coworker told me about this today, and I think it's just an outrageous example of how the US healthcare system is nickel and diming the middle class to death while the government does nothing to stop it.

For those who don't know, an ADA request is a request made by an employee to their HR department for a reasonable accommodation change due to a medical condition. You might have back pain and can request a different kind of chair for example or need to work remote due to a medical problem.

ADA requests usually require your doctor to complete paperwork to prove that you have a legit medical problem. This usually only takes a few minutes for a doctor to fill out and they probably delegate it to their assistant anyways. Well now they are charging $75 to do this?? It's like the healthcare system only cares about getting your money rather than helping the patient.

I was infuriated listening to the Howard Stern Biden interview where he praised Biden for giving most Americans dirt cheap healthcare. Huh? Then why is my healthcare so expensive now and hardly covers anything? Why do I now have to stress over going to the doctor because I have no idea what items won't give covered anymore? The system punishes hard working middle class. Charging us now to fill out a piece of paper is ludicrous.

Old Yesterday, 10:34 PM

5,750 posts, read 4,711,382 times
Biden gave us cheap healthcare? He did? Because I have to buy my own for my family and the premiums are almost $40K per year. Please let me know where to find this cheap healthcare.

Old Yesterday, 10:37 PM

8,250 posts, read 3,503,718 times
They are doing that around here too.

Old Yesterday, 11:24 PM

10,093 posts, read 5,743,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Biden gave us cheap healthcare? He did? Because I have to buy my own for my family and the premiums are almost $40K per year. Please let me know where to find this cheap healthcare.
According to the Stern interview, he gave us healthcare for under $10 a month. Liberals really live in an alternate reality apparently.

Old Yesterday, 11:37 PM

32,091 posts, read 15,089,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
According to the Stern interview, he gave us healthcare for under $10 a month. Liberals really live in an alternate reality apparently.
Democrats gave healthcare to the poor. And red states benefit from it.

Old Today, 01:18 AM

19,851 posts, read 12,122,348 times
Most doctors have charged for filing out forms. Several years ago my primary care doctor switched to concierge medicine and I highly recommend going that route. I pay a monthly fee and it covers pretty much anything done in house and any visit lasts at least 15 to 30 minutes, I can text or email in lieu of an appointment, etc. The patients receive premium service and the doctor doesn’t have to deal with insurance BS. No Medicare or Medicaid, either.

Old Today, 05:19 AM

21,161 posts, read 19,753,224 times
Weren't we told Obamacare would make health care affordable? Did I mishear or were we lied to?

Old Today, 05:25 AM

30,436 posts, read 19,211,902 times
The USA doesn't have health care, we have unhealth care. The FDA, ADA, AMA, Big Pharma, and Food Pyramid are making Americans fat, sick, on pills and eventually to be sawed on by Surgeons. I've opted out of the unhealth system and take no pills, have a BP of 105/60, BMI 20.8, bodyfat of 8%, and don't use the Medicare that they have me on.

Old Today, 05:33 AM

7,960 posts, read 9,171,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Neither does a auto mechanic, but this would be equivalent to charging you $75 to fill out a diagnostic form on your vehicle.
Mechanics around me get over 120 bucks an hour so that price would seem to be about right.
People deserve to get paid for their time. Maybe you should write the letter and have the Dr. sign it to save money if you think it is some unskilled activity not deserving reimbursement. See if your employer would accept it.

Old Today, 05:45 AM

8,250 posts, read 3,503,718 times
They charge to fill out the paperwork for disability too now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.