Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:40 PM

50,391 posts, read 47,131,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
No it's actual meat, muscle tissue. Same DNA and everything. Grown from stem cells of a cow.
I'm down
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:44 PM

32,108 posts, read 15,101,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It's about the same as the fake garbage the vegans are trying to pass off as fake meat. High in calories, tastes like butt they say. Just eat a dang pork chop vs covering some "thing" in sauce to the point you can finally eat it without puking.
Vegans aren’t trying to pass anything off as fake meat. They just want food that doesn’t include killing animals. It’s all plant based. It’s actually more healthy

Old Yesterday, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Vegans aren’t trying to pass anything off as fake meat. They just want food that doesn’t include killing animals. It’s all plant based. It’s actually more healthy
Not the garbage those I've seen try to eat. Looks like a pork chop then they cover it in slop cause it tastes bad. Whatever floats your boat, I just found it hilarious. A calorie is a calorie.

Do you really think plants can't feel? Ever see a fly trap? All life is recycled. That's why it's called life.

It is hilarious how people try to justify their own life style like they are better than anyone else.

Old Yesterday, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Not the garbage those I've seen try to eat. Looks like a pork chop then they cover it in slop cause it tastes bad. Whatever floats your boat, I just found it hilarious. A calorie is a calorie.

Do you really think plants can't feel? Ever see a fly trap? All life is recycled. That's why it's called life.

It is hilarious how people try to justify their own life style like they are better than anyone else.
Plants don’t have brains so how can they feel.

Old Yesterday, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Plants don’t have brains so how can they feel.
You tell us

https://www.peta.org/features/do-plants-feel-pain/

So it may or may not be. I'm having a burger
However, it is possible that plants have intelligence and sentience that we cannot yet detect. One day, we might learn that plants have ways of experiencing pain that we have yet to comprehend.

We have to eat—it’s a matter of survival. And eating plants directly—rather than feeding them to animals and then killing those animals for their flesh—requires far fewer plants and doesn’t hurt animals, who, we already know for sure, feel pain. So if you worry about plants’ welfare, going vegan is your best option.

The earliest brain we know of is 500 million years old yet life was far older than that. Life. We have to eat and I'm eating meat.

Old Yesterday, 10:27 PM

Quote:
You tell us

https://www.peta.org/features/do-plants-feel-pain/

So it may or may not be. I'm having a burger
However, it is possible that plants have intelligence and sentience that we cannot yet detect. One day, we might learn that plants have ways of experiencing pain that we have yet to comprehend.

We have to eat—it’s a matter of survival. And eating plants directly—rather than feeding them to animals and then killing those animals for their flesh—requires far fewer plants and doesn’t hurt animals, who, we already know for sure, feel pain. So if you worry about plants’ welfare, going vegan is your best option.

The earliest brain we know of is 500 million years old yet life was far older than that. Life. We have to eat and I'm eating meat.
Eat what you want. But don’t demean others for wanting a different diet than yours.

Old Yesterday, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Eat what you want. But don’t demean others for wanting a different diet than yours.
You do you. Just don't think you aren't killing something because, yes you are. Life is life. Just because it doesn't have a cute fuzzy face doesn't mean it's not a living organism.

I get soooo tired of hearing vegans crow about how they are better than everyone because they don't kill something. Walking on your dang grass kills stuff. Dead. But, it's not meat, good lord.

Some of the best gardens are on cemeteries. Ya know, dead people.

But, back on topic. We don't know enough about "lab meat" to know if it won't have side effects. I can see the reason to slow the roll.

I'm more worried about getting tomatoes that were picked by someone who just used the toilet and didn't wash.

Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM

Quote:
You do you. Just don't think you aren't killing something because, yes you are. Life is life. Just because it doesn't have a cute fuzzy face doesn't mean it's not a living organism.

I get soooo tired of hearing vegans crow about how they are better than everyone because they don't kill something. Walking on your dang grass kills stuff. Dead. But, it's not meat, good lord.

Some of the best gardens are on cemeteries. Ya know, dead people.
Well you are obviously not doing you do you since you’re complaining so much about what others eat. And I’m not a vegan.

Old Yesterday, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Well you are obviously not doing you do you since you’re complaining so much about what others eat. And I’m not a vegan.
The topic is meat. I love meat. Hamburger, YUM. Steak YUM. I love Vegans too for leaving more meat for the rest of us. Just pointing out the hypocrisy and those keeping the stereotype alive.

Old Yesterday, 10:50 PM

Quote:
The topic is meat. I love meat. Hamburger, YUM. Steak YUM. I love Vegans too for leaving more meat for the rest of us. Just pointing out the hypocrisy and those keeping the stereotype alive.
What stereotype are you talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies