Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 09:45 AM

10,258 posts, read 6,348,234 times

Advertisements

I have a shirt which says I am a Proud PFLAG Mom which I bought when joined the organization. Another which my daughter got me one Mother's Days which says I love my Lesbian Daughter and Her Wife. Bought ONLINE from a Gay Clothing Company. Are these OK because not bought in Retail Store?

Can I wear these out in public without "shoving it down your throats"? First Amendment Right to free speech. Same as you can wear your MAGA hats in public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:55 AM

177 posts, read 56,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I have a shirt which says I am a Proud PFLAG Mom which I bought when joined the organization. Another which my daughter got me one Mother's Days which says I love my Lesbian Daughter and Her Wife. Bought ONLINE from a Gay Clothing Company. Are these OK because not bought in Retail Store?
It reeks of insecurity.

Old Today, 10:15 AM

25,942 posts, read 12,960,297 times
I've boycotted Target for life over their openly leftist polical views....& Disney too.

I never thought Target was better than Wal Mart to begin with.

Old Today, 10:56 AM

9,207 posts, read 6,373,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I avoid Target, never drink Bud Light. It was how they shoved that crap down your throat. I've got no issues with trans or gay per se....again, just enough with the pandering.

Never understood how businesses could cater excessively to one extremely small group and be surprised when sales drop.
Great post!

Gay men are not offensive. Lesbians are not offensive. Trans people are not offensive. What is offensive is business leaders, politicians, celebrities and other socially influential people pandering to these groups. Eliminate the pandering and we can probably all get along just fine.

Old Today, 11:26 AM

11,781 posts, read 6,136,845 times
Quote:

Can I wear these out in public without "shoving it down your throats"? First Amendment Right to free speech. Same as you can wear your MAGA hats in public.
You can wear anything you like. You can even wear that stuff safely because the entire US establishment promotes it.

It is the MAGA hat wearing guy who historically gets punched or has a soft drink poured over his head for it. It is not generally the conservatives behaving violently toward the LGTBO people wearing rainbows.

You can wear what you want, it is just stupid to do so.

Why does your daughter feel you need to advertise her sexual preference?

It used to be private. It used to be lesbians just wanted tolerance to be gay without oppression. That is not enough anymore. Now they have to "advertise" and throw it in our face.

Why?

I am not a vegetarian. Should I get my mother a t-shirt that reads "I love my steak eating Son"?

Don't you agree how stupid that would be?

Your daughter's shirt is equally stupid. It is 2024. Nobody cares. That ship has sailed but homosexuals are still so sensitive despite their complete equality today, they constantly have to be reminding everyone of their homosexual status.

What happend to "live and let live". She is a lesbian in a same sex marriage. Why is she so insecure that she feels the need to advertise that fact?

Old Today, 01:38 PM

29,626 posts, read 16,607,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
You can wear anything you like. You can even wear that stuff safely because the entire US establishment promotes it.

It is the MAGA hat wearing guy who historically gets punched or has a soft drink poured over his head for it. It is not generally the conservatives behaving violently toward the LGTBO people wearing rainbows.
Pretending as if gay people don't get harassed and physically assaulted daily in this country is wild.

I get it, you only follow right wing media, you don't care to actually here from LBGT people about what they go through, but the above is just ignorance.

Old Today, 01:46 PM

2,358 posts, read 1,159,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Pretending as if gay people don't get harassed and physically assaulted daily in this country is wild.

I get it, you only follow right wing media, you don't care to actually here from LBGT people about what they go through, but the above is just ignorance.
I think only a really camp Maga-hat wearer is in a position to let us know where most of the grief is coming from.

Old Today, 01:59 PM

52,368 posts, read 52,828,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post

You can wear what you want, it is just stupid to do so.

Why does your daughter feel you need to advertise her sexual preference?

It used to be private. It used to be lesbians just wanted tolerance to be gay without oppression. That is not enough anymore. Now they have to "advertise" and throw it in our face.

Why?

I am not a vegetarian. Should I get my mother a t-shirt that reads "I love my steak eating Son"?

Don't you agree how stupid that would be?

Your daughter's shirt is equally stupid. It is 2024. Nobody cares. That ship has sailed but homosexuals are still so sensitive despite their complete equality today, they constantly have to be reminding everyone of their homosexual status.

What happend to "live and let live". She is a lesbian in a same sex marriage. Why is she so insecure that she feels the need to advertise that fact?
I agree.

Where I live you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a few gay people. Being gay at this point is about as passe as seeing a soccer mom with sleeve tats, not new or edgy.

I've never met anyone in my life that really paid any attention or cared about gay people other than a you do you approach.

In terms of the op I think companies like target buy into the hype that the media presents around trans people. They are a small group that gets a lot of oxygen and with ESG and DEI hysteria target and other retailers overreacted essentially.

If target had a trans section similar to the fat dudes rack and didn't hype it and virtue signal it probably wouldn't have been a thing.

Old Today, 02:17 PM

6,870 posts, read 9,404,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

I’m gay and have been in a relationship with my same-sex partner for about 17 years. I’m not claiming that being gay is easy for everyone, but I wouldn’t say that my day-to-day is filled with harassment, physical assault, and hate. Displays at Target don’t really evoke any sense of pride about who I sleep with, for me at least.

What hardship have you gone through? I’m interesting in “hereing” what you’ve gone through and why the Pride displays at Target are so important to the LGBT-qrstuvwxyz-12345-2S community. I live in a blue state so I’m hoping my local Target has the Pride display, so that my partner and I can walk by and scoff at how ugly the tuck-friendly swimsuit is, like we did last year. Last year’s looked like something my grandmother would have worn to the beach in the 1980s, although hers wouldn't have had extra fabric in the crotch.

Old Today, 02:26 PM

8,801 posts, read 5,101,796 times
Quote:

What is wrong with a shirt that says I Love Mom or I Love My Daughter.....no one cares she is gay. That is the problem with some gays, they think they are so special, everything should be about them.....parades, a full month of gay pride. They don`t deserve it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies