Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Cindy Sheehan stop her "mission"?
Yes 15 40.54%
Yes - but I sympathize with her loss 11 29.73%
Undecided 0 0%
No - She is making a difference 4 10.81%
No 7 18.92%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 06:04 AM

409 posts, read 1,237,242 times

Advertisements

Last night she was on Fox News. It was a replay of Sean Hannity's new show. This time they showed things that were left out of the first broadcast.

Cindy Sheehan is on the record (two years ago) as saying that the U.S. Government had advanced knowledge of the attacks planned on September 11th. They let them happen so that their "neo-con agenda" could be pushed through.

Last night she stated that President Bush is no better than Saddam because he has "killed millions of Iraqis".

Sean read a letter from her FAMILY that said that they think she is making a mockery of her son's death for political reasons. They basically said that they have disowned her. She said she hasn't spoken to them since.

I say it is time for her to fade back into the nothingness she rose from.

Opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2007, 06:49 AM

1,962 posts, read 5,198,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyandMarried View Post
Last night she was on Fox News. It was a replay of Sean Hannity's new show. This time they showed things that were left out of the first broadcast.

Cindy Sheehan is on the record (two years ago) as saying that the U.S. Government had advanced knowledge of the attacks planned on September 11th. They let them happen so that their "neo-con agenda" could be pushed through.

Last night she stated that President Bush is no better than Saddam because he has "killed millions of Iraqis".

Sean read a letter from her FAMILY that said that they think she is making a mockery of her son's death for political reasons. They basically said that they have disowned her. She said she hasn't spoken to them since.

Opinions?

Amen to that!.......

Old 01-09-2007, 06:55 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,836,683 times
Yes unfortuantely she is a puppet for other causes and people.

Old 01-09-2007, 08:25 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,538 times
I feel for her loss as a mother we can become much different people at the lost of a child. But, I feel people have taken advantage of her loss. The interview with Hannity was good and I praise her for having the courage to do the interview. She needs to focus on a more positive way to remember & honor her son. Unfortunately, the way she is going could drive her to a mad woman.

Old 01-09-2007, 08:44 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,758,672 times
I do not know, nor do I care to know, how I would react if my son were killed in a war. It doesn't matter if I agree 100% with Cindy Sheehan or not. I do support her right to free speech, protest, and to disagree with the President and the current course of action in the Iraq.

I think people have become complacent. Dissidence can be a healthy thing, more so, a vital thing in a democracy.

For example, we attended the Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young "Soapbox Tour '06" concert this past summer. They sang their old songs (which really took on a whole new modern meaning) and new Neil Young protest songs. We enjoyed it, as did many others in the audience - but I also heard people saying "this isn't the time or place for such songs."

These guys came to prominence during the Vietnam Era. So many of their songs are protest songs by nature, just listen to the lyrics. Yet, friends of ours who were also there said they didn't like anything said against George Bush or that the songs were political. So, I was left to wonder...why were these people even there? Maybe they should have gone to see an Engelbert Humperdink concert instead.

Protest is a part of our American history, this country exists because of that spirit.

Anyway, it's possible that Cindy Sheehan has gone off the deep end. So many people have lost their precious children to war, and how they hold it together is a miracle. God forbid any of us would be in Sheehan's shoes to see how we'd end up. All I know is, I can't bring myself to judge her.

Old 01-09-2007, 08:50 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,958,039 times
Where does everyone get this free speech crap? Free Speech is not free, and there are laws governing what can be said and how it can be said. You can not incite a riot with your free speech, you can not yell fire in a movie theater as a couple examples.

1. Everyone shall have the right to hold opinions without interference.
2. Everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of his choice.
3. The exercise of the rights provided for in paragraph 2 of this article carries with it special duties and responsibilities. It may therefore be subject to certain restrictions, but these shall only be such as are provided by law and are necessary:

(a) For respect of the rights or reputations of others;
(b) For the protection of national security or of public order (ordre public), or of public health or morals.
The right is further qualified by Article 20 which prohibits war propaganda, incitement to violence and certain forms of hate speech.

How would I handle it, I would bury my child in a national cemetary. I would cry a lot, but I would be proud of my child for his/her duty to this great country. I would celebrate his/her life the best I could. I would not do what this women is doing, I think she is disgracing her son by her actions...

Old 01-09-2007, 09:03 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,614,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyandMarried View Post

Opinions?
I don't mean to be sarcastic, ok, maybe I do...

Fox news portrayed someone speaking out against TBA in a negative light? I'm shocked! Alert the rest of the media!

I think she is spinning her wheels too, but I'm glad she's doing it. Somebody has to. This country has been destroyed by the right wing since 2000. We have been divided from within, and have completely alienated the rest of the world. Even if totally wrong, the more people openly challenging TBA, the better.

As for 9/11 being done on purpose, well, lol. I seriously hope she is wrong, but I personally have no proof one way or the other. So I'm not going to pass judgement on that theory. I'd just like to see where she gets her opinions from. Just the facts ma'am, just the facts.

Killing Iraqis, lol. We're not slaughtering them, we're fighting them. Huge difference. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't fire a shot if they put down their "weapons". Thats just an ignorant statement, but I will defend her right to make it.

-TT

Old 01-09-2007, 09:08 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,398,794 times
Bush has killed "millions" of Iraqis, eh? Thats a good one, Cindy! LMBO!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-09-2007, 09:12 AM

409 posts, read 1,237,242 times
As Albert Einstein said - "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.”

Old 01-09-2007, 09:14 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,988,607 times
I think she's nuts and her demeanor is so repulsive to me that if I were abandoned on a desert island with Ms. Sheehan, I'd find the sharpest rock I could and slit my own throat for relief. She's an extremely annoying woman who's making some incredibly ignorant statements.
However, that said,.....we need her. She may be wrong, but just the fact that she's so visibly opposing the Administration is helping to get more rational and focused voices speaking up now against the crimes of the Bush Administration and beginning to focus the spotlights on his trampling of our Constitution and war lies. For that I'm grateful to Ms. Sheehan. If she were to show up at my house needing shelter however, I'd talk through the storm door and tell her there's a Motel 6 14 miles down the road. I can't stand her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies