Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 09:41 AM

12 posts, read 26,460 times

Advertisements

If i was them I would not show up either because they just showing up for no reason there over there fighting for oil and still have not got it becasue if they did then gas would not be 4 dollars right now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 09:45 AM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplicantTree1 View Post
If i was them I would not show up either because they just showing up for no reason there over there fighting for oil and still have not got it becasue if they did then gas would not be 4 dollars right now...
Well, I guess then, you aren't "them", huh? So you have no worries, good for you.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:50 AM

2,940 posts, read 3,967,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplicantTree1 View Post

If Bush and Cheney believe so much in this war, why don't they go over and fight? Why aren't the Bush daughters enlisted? Or since they like war so much, why didn't Bush and Cheney serve in the military when they were younger?

This war is a joke, and Bush/Cheney and Co. are war criminals in my book. A war based on lies, yet the republicans wanted to impeach Clinton for lying about a blow job.....

Old 06-17-2008, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinPhils View Post
If Bush and Cheney believe so much in this war, why don't they go over and fight? Why aren't the Bush daughters enlisted? Or since they like war so much, why didn't Bush and Cheney serve in the military when they were younger?

This war is a joke, and Bush/Cheney and Co. are war criminals in my book. A war based on lies, yet the republicans wanted to impeach Clinton for lying about a blow job.....
The war is not a joke. Obviously you don't know your history, either. Bush was in the guard, Cheney had deferments, and why is it y'all all want the Bush daughters to enlist, because you didn't have the huevos to do so? And Clinton committed a desultory act in MY HOUSE, and yours, too. He wasn't impeached for that, but for lying to Congress about it.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
The war is not a joke. Obviously you don't know your history, either. Bush was in the guard, Cheney had deferments, and why is it y'all all want the Bush daughters to enlist, because you didn't have the huevos to do so? And Clinton committed a desultory act in MY HOUSE, and yours, too. He wasn't impeached for that, but for lying to Congress about it.
So its OK that priveleged Dick Cheney got deferments, but he has no problem with sending other people to die for Halliburton's bottom line?
Bush was in the guard? Well...technically, but we know what a joke that "service" was...

Don't have the "huevos?" No, I'm not stupid enough to put my life on the line for crooked politicians and their special (oil) interests. Sorry.

So Clinton lied? Great. Why isn't Bush being impeached for lying? Bush's lies have more dire consequences than Clinton's lies.

Take off the jingoism glasses for a minute and you might see things a bit clearer....

Old 06-17-2008, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinPhils View Post
So its OK that priveleged Dick Cheney got deferments, but he has no problem with sending other people to die for Halliburton's bottom line?
Bush was in the guard? Well...technically, but we know what a joke that "service" was...

Don't have the "huevos?" No, I'm not stupid enough to put my life on the line for crooked politicians and their special (oil) interests. Sorry.

So Clinton lied? Great. Why isn't Bush being impeached for lying? Bush's lies have more dire consequences than Clinton's lies.

Take off the jingoism glasses for a minute and you might see things a bit clearer....
Wow, unimpressive! Glad to know where you stand on your granted freedoms. I wouldn't want you anywhere near me, for any reason, in a conflict.

So Cheney got deferments? So what? You're beating a dead, and buried, mule, ya know?

And what would YOU know about service, are you a coward? I think you've already answered that.

There's more to service than what you are shouting about. But you can't understand that, can you?

I see perfectly clear, thank you. I don't need a flagellant to tell me what to see/not see.

Begone, Spot, you're boring!

Old 06-17-2008, 10:07 AM

Coward? No. Smart enough to value my own life and not put it on the line for elitist politicians and their special interests.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:15 AM

I rest my case. Buh-bye, boring spot!

Old 06-17-2008, 12:03 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,319,202 times
This guy made a comittment, read and signed a contract. Now he wants out. I don't blame him. That's why I would never join the military voluntarily....I'd be a crappy soldier and ask too many questions: I won't fight for Exxon or the rest of the American corporate machine.

Last edited by mimimomx3; 06-17-2008 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: forgot to add....

Old 06-17-2008, 12:05 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,319,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
If they did that, you would currently be living in a communist nation, speaking spanish.

It would never work. When you enlist in the military, they are going to pour hundreds of thousands of dollars in your training. Then they're going to purchase hundreds of thousands of dollars of equipment for you. And you quit.

Nope, don't think that will work.
Huh? I didn't realize we had troops on the border. Wait, we don't! They're fighting for our 'national security' (sure) in Iraq.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies