Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 12:35 PM

603 posts, read 1,996,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 319 View Post
I think a few of you maybe distorting some of the facts. The Black Panthers were not responsible for the Million Man March. The Nation of Islam, Chicano Pride, or any of these ethnic organizations very rarely commit hate crimes against whites as compared to Skinheads and the KKK.
Never have you heard of any of those ethnic organizations throwing molotovs into David Dukes house, dragging a person out their house late at night and string em up because they are white.
Know your facts about hate crimes. I don't support any of these white supremacy groups or any of these types of organizations but the claim you made it compltetely baseless about hate crimes. I tend to agree with the term hoax crime, because all violent crime is hate crime, it is such a ridiculous thing to say that. We have to face facts that it is proper in our society to believe that whites are out to get all non-whites and commit hate crimes on them. If you want some numbers from our own justice department regarding blacks and whites, here's few:

Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa.

Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.

Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.

Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.

**okay everybody, I'm not trying to single out blacks, but I want the facts out there. The truth may be hard to swallow, but this is reality. These are numbers from the Department of Justice. So, if we really want to talk about hate crimes, are we gonna start talking about whites being the victim or are we finally gonna be truthful about this situation. All crime is hate crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2007, 12:47 PM

79 posts, read 211,907 times
You may be right. I don't usually argue with facts and figures if they can be proven and are valid. But where all these facts and figures coming from. Because I have seen facts and figures that say otherwise.

Old 01-12-2007, 07:02 PM
PPG

509 posts, read 1,423,618 times
All I see is white people maybe making fun of themselves. We blacks do it all the time, but thats secondary, I just wanna see them rap. Thats what the show is really about.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:15 PM

1,398 posts, read 6,606,973 times
And I want to see Dave Chappelle and Sacha Baron Cohen make fun of everybody! I'm glad these two stellar comics are as universally appealing as they are brilliant.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:39 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,482,638 times
I got to see it for a few minutes the other day and thought it was funny. Are some of them people serious? It's some sort of circus-freak show. It definitely has a morbid curiosity to it!

Old 01-13-2007, 05:59 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfilm View Post
And I want to see Dave Chappelle and Sacha Baron Cohen make fun of everybody! I'm glad these two stellar comics are as universally appealing as they are brilliant.
I call it "equal-opportunity ethnic humor", which I usually enjoy very much... especially Carlos Mencia, who really doesn't single anyone out, and keeps it lighthearted. I laugh like crazy at all of his Jewish jokes, so even the personal stuff doesn't offend me! "South Park" is also good at this type of humor, and it's one of my favorite shows. They occasionally go overboard, but despite what some people think, not all of us liberals are obsessed with "PC-ness". Anyway, I think it's fine to make observational jokes, as long as they're not done hatefully, or singling out one race. That white rapper show just sounds like a joke, and I'm sure the guys involved wouldn't do it if they found it offensive... reality shows are just as scripted & acted as any drama/sitcom.

Btw, I've been a fan of Sascha Baron Cohen for years, and always loved da Ali G Show... but I haven't seen "Borat" yet, for some reason. The thing I love most about him, is that he mainly just makes fun of ignorant people - and they have it coming, LOL.

Old 01-13-2007, 05:45 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
I'm black. I'm young. I listen to hip hop and I hear and see white people acting black all the time.
So what.
I born in the late 80's and my generation is trying to get rid of the, "If your this color, you should act this way" philosiphy.
Look, I've got no problem with white people acting (or trying to act) like us...just as long as they don't get confused and say things like...
" Our people have suffered for centuries and we should have more things like this show to make us rise to our full potential. The Man has kept us down to long, but still, we rise.",
...I've got no problem. I just hate when other races or other types of people try to compare eachother's struggles. Especially ours!
One thing I will agree on is that MTV and Vh-1 aren't real networks anymore. MTV shows more reallity TV shows than music videos and Vh-1 has just gone down the drain.

Old 01-14-2007, 03:03 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Okay, so I finally got a chance to see this show, though it was just the last 15 minutes of an episode. I didn't find anything really offensive about it, and there were plenty of black stereotypes mixed in with the white ones... I actually think they were mostly spoofing the rap industry (regardless of color), and their over-the-top lifestyle/attitude. Like the blinged-out sneakers they had to wear? I don't remember that as any white stereotype, or black one for that matter. And correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there a couple of Latinos in the group? I also noticed graffiti on the walls, and lots of other touches that were more about urban & rapper images. Even if they made a few white jokes, it wasn't like they throw crackers at the contestants, and make them dress like slave-drivers! Anyway, it looks like a pretty dumb show, but it didn't offend this white girl a bit.

P.S. That host did bother me, just due to his stupidity... he was sooo lame, with his "aiiiights" and other things he apparently thinks are cool.

Old 01-14-2007, 08:19 PM

10 posts, read 6,862 times
It's easy for Whites to make fun of themselves because when push comes to shove, everything we see around us is because of us. Cars, television, radio, internet, computer, man to the moon, all because of the White man. When we make fun of ourselves we can laugh because in the end the world owes us because they would still be living hundreds of years behind if it wasn't for US.

Old 01-14-2007, 09:56 PM

603 posts, read 1,996,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Even if they made a few white jokes, it wasn't like they throw crackers at the contestants, and make them dress like slave-drivers! .
Well, they made them carry bags of saltine crackers...? Slave-drivers no, but when I was saying if this was reversed for instance: black country singers in a house with watermelon and make them carry buckets of KFC when they go to the white neighbors to sing, I mean seriously. That was simply the point I"m making. I'm leaving it at that. I know it's a spoof and it is entertaining cause the people are complete idiots, but I"m convinced this wouldnt' work with any other race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies