Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2013, 07:25 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Right...because those little starving children across the world put themselves in that position.
This thread is about Rhodesia..............excuse me, Zimbabwe.

Want to talk about the rest of the world, start another thread.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:27 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
This thread is about Rhodesia..............excuse me, Zimbabwe.

Want to talk about the rest of the world, start another thread.
It's not my fault you want to be narrow-minded. My post was speaking generally about similar situations in many areas of the world and YOU responded. If you are going to respond, know what is being discussed or keep it moving.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:27 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,961,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; watch that "karma" thing please. Looking at OUR "Black" hood rats here in the US not doing the right things in life; things COULD get real ugly against ALL Black people real fast.
Only in your dreams...

Old 06-12-2013, 07:32 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Only in your dreams...
That make me chuckle. It's not like many White Americans are that different. Those who have been here for generations did not endure half of what so many African-Americans endured over generations...and yet so many of them are ghetto hood rats. Why have they not done the right thing? SMH.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:22 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
It's true...it is karma. No one is rejoicing about it, but such things do occur.

Stop being small minded. Perhaps if they were not simply "black" and had knowledge of their ethnic groups, names, languages, traditional religions...instead of all of that being ripped from them and being a thing of the past, they wouldn't be hood rats. What's UGLY is the downward spiral of many ethnic groups who were forced to "become black." That was bound to happen to some of them.

LOL@ could get real ugly against ALL black people, as if that hasn't already happened. That's why you form your mouth to state the same.
Stop it right there, please.

Many of the problems that many American Blacks have in 2013 really started getting bad in the last 50 years or so. Slavery was stopped about 100 years before 1963. Jim Crow was a real bad deal; but, MOST Black couples stayed married and there was't nearly as much Black on Black crime in those 100 years.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:24 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
That make me chuckle. It's not like many White Americans are that different. Those who have been here for generations did not endure half of what so many African-Americans endured over generations...and yet so many of them are ghetto hood rats. Why have they not done the right thing? SMH.
We def have our PWT; I live in Bullhead City and see lots of it.

Tho MOST PWT isn't violent like flash mobs, drive bys and so on.

1 thing the government CAN do is nail those above punk young dudes for child support who keep getting so many of the minor girls pregnant. If they don't pay up; toss them into jail.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:18 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And instead of learning from the whites, the blacks went on an orgy of killing. The farms went to crap. The country starved. So their "revolution" started their slide into becoming dependent on whites but only outside of their borders. So, yeah, they had the land. But they made it worthless.
Learned what from the whites?

Seems to me that they learned a hell of a lot from whites judging by what's going on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; watch that "karma" thing please. Looking at OUR "Black" hood rats here in the US not doing the right things in life; things COULD get real ugly against ALL Black people real fast.
LMAO @ your implied threat.

Nice way to dream. And of course, when things take that turn, you most certainly won't be around to take part.

Let it get ugly...and don't forget, you can get it too.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:24 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Learned what from the whites?

Seems to me that they learned a hell of a lot from whites judging by what's going on there.

LMAO @ your implied threat.

Nice way to dream. And of course, when things take that turn, you most certainly won't be around to take part.

Let it get ugly...and don't forget, you can get it too.
What I know of human history and human beings in general the backlash Packard speaks of is very possible. In fact likely. May not happen in our lifetimes but it will happen if things continue.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:27 AM

2,523 posts, read 2,204,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
What I know of human history and human beings in general the backlash Packard speaks of is very possible. In fact likely. May not happen in our lifetimes but it will happen if things continue.
Backlash against who.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:29 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
But this was the thing. Nelson Mandela was trying to keep the nation together during his rule. He even held the Truth and Reconciliation Commission. Once he stepped down, then things got really bad.

And I resent the idea of "smarter Blacks". How do we know some so-called "smarter Blacks" didn't stay behind and try to help?

And what did any of this have to do with how Blacks were treated under colonialism?
Colonialism did not have an equal affect across all countries. Countries such as Ghana faired well during colonialism, the Congo faired badly. Even in Zimbabwe Blacks faired relatively well when it was Rhodesia. Black Zimbabweans were long considered the most educated and wealthiest Blacks in Southern Africa.

Still I think self determination is good and I understand why Mugabe did what he did. If the country ends up like Haiti so be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies