Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2013, 07:16 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
they wont they will be remembered ..as a nation who had so much, and did so little to protect what they had.

who aloud a bunch of European leftist, allow them to vote and then about the flood gate.
So what I can gather from this post is that you are pro-apartheid.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:37 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,745,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
So what I can gather from this post is that you are pro-apartheid.
I am anti mass race base killing and rape, and a nation were only 10% of all murders/rapes are solved.

where things sunshine and happiness under Apartheid, no, were they better then the hell that region is sinking into? yes.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:04 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Stop it right there, please.

Many of the problems that many American Blacks have in 2013 really started getting bad in the last 50 years or so. Slavery was stopped about 100 years before 1963. Jim Crow was a real bad deal; but, MOST Black couples stayed married and there was't nearly as much Black on Black crime in those 100 years.
My post really missed you...

The fact that you even call them or anyone else simply "blacks" proves my point. But you won't get it.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:03 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
My post really missed you...

The fact that you even call them or anyone else simply "blacks" proves my point. But you won't get it.
The past is the past: move on in life or get left behind. God knows how many of us "Irish" suffered real bad even 100 years in both Ireland and the US. WE stepped up as a group and went from "Shanty Irish" to "Lace Curtain Irish".

The SAME thing is happening with American Blacks IMHO; more and more, especially the ladies, are really bettering themselves as in taking care of themselves, speaking proper English instead of that "ebonics" crap and so on.

Yes; many of us died; both Black and Irish; from murder, heavy drinking and so on but the future looks bright for those of us who survive.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:39 PM

Quote:
I am anti mass race base killing and rape, and a nation were only 10% of all murders/rapes are solved.

where things sunshine and happiness under Apartheid, no, were they better then the hell that region is sinking into? yes.
I disagree about what you think about apartheid being "better". Personally, I would rather be dead than live under the apartheid system. The apartheid system was a dictatorship where Whites controlled everything and Blacks never had a say in what they wanted. Certain books were banned. Books by Alan Paton, a White South African who despised the racism in South Africa, were banned. South Africa was basically a dictatorship for Black people in South Africa. Blacks didn't have a say in South Africa.

Is that what you want? Do you want a situation where Blacks don't have a say in what they want and need?

Old 06-15-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
I disagree about what you think about apartheid being "better". Personally, I would rather be dead than live under the apartheid system. The apartheid system was a dictatorship where Whites controlled everything and Blacks never had a say in what they wanted. Certain books were banned. Books by Alan Paton, a White South African who despised the racism in South Africa, were banned. South Africa was basically a dictatorship for Black people in South Africa. Blacks didn't have a say in South Africa.

Is that what you want? Do you want a situation where Blacks don't have a say in what they want and need?
Do them have a say now? What about the white south africans?

Old 06-15-2013, 07:51 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The past is the past: move on in life or get left behind. God knows how many of us "Irish" suffered real bad even 100 years in both Ireland and the US. WE stepped up as a group and went from "Shanty Irish" to "Lace Curtain Irish".

The SAME thing is happening with American Blacks IMHO; more and more, especially the ladies, are really bettering themselves as in taking care of themselves, speaking proper English instead of that "ebonics" crap and so on.

Yes; many of us died; both Black and Irish; from murder, heavy drinking and so on but the future looks bright for those of us who survive.
Of course, however, there are groups that are far more affected by the past than others.

Irish and American blacks have a very different history. Irish still know that they come from Ireland and often carry their names. American blacks have no such knowledge of their particular heritage(s). They have no names and no link to their former ethnicities. So it's not just about death and drinking. That's far too simplistic to describe their experience.

In terms of so-called "ebonics," more than anything it is really just what occurred with the mixed of African languages and European languages among American blacks. Dialects can be heard all around the world. But of course, some much of what is ethnically Black American, many people want to look down on, especially among white Americans over the generations. I believe in being able to speak your own language/dialect AND standard English. But calling other people's dialect "crap" is disrespectful and ignorant.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Do them have a say now? What about the white south africans?
Whites have the same right to vote as Blacks. Whites and Blacks can live wherever they want, go to school wherever they want. Whites are not put into "townships" the way Blacks were. Is crime up? Yes. However, if I have been living in South Africa during apartheid and then living in these times, I'll take now over apartheid. At least now, I would have more of a say than before.

Don't dodge this question. Do you really want the days back where Blacks didn't have a say?

Old 06-15-2013, 09:32 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Of course, however, there are groups that are far more affected by the past than others.

Irish and American blacks have a very different history. Irish still know that they come from Ireland and often carry their names. American blacks have no such knowledge of their particular heritage(s). They have no names and no link to their former ethnicities. So it's not just about death and drinking. That's far too simplistic to describe their experience.

In terms of so-called "ebonics," more than anything it is really just what occurred with the mixed of African languages and European languages among American blacks. Dialects can be heard all around the world. But of course, some much of what is ethnically Black American, many people want to look down on, especially among white Americans over the generations. I believe in being able to speak your own language/dialect AND standard English. But calling other people's dialect "crap" is disrespectful and ignorant.
Talk and act the fool: get treated like a fool. Even educated Black people usually look DOWN on "ebonics" because of ITS real bad rep. Sheesh!

The Vice Chancellor of Germany: he was adopted as a baby; raised "German" and he ain't even "white" but seems to have done well in life. He don't know who his bio parents were.

Old 06-15-2013, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Whites have the same right to vote as Blacks. Whites and Blacks can live wherever they want, go to school wherever they want. Whites are not put into "townships" the way Blacks were. Is crime up? Yes. However, if I have been living in South Africa during apartheid and then living in these times, I'll take now over apartheid. At least now, I would have more of a say than before.

Don't dodge this question. Do you really want the days back where Blacks didn't have a say?
post the crime stats pre and poast. and no i dont
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies