Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2008, 12:22 PM

1,955 posts, read 5,267,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I think what's happening is that a lot of peopel blame conservatives for Iraq and the poor economy so they go after us in whatever they can, and since birth control and pharmacies, like the article says, is one of the latest fronts in the culture wars....

I blame Bush for the war but I really don't understand why people have to hate me for my beliefs. People are even questioning if I'm a troll? A lot of religions teach that its wrong to have sex before marriage. That is true, that is a fact. I don't understand why the moderator hasn't shut down this thread yet.

Even the OP, that pharmacist in the article is a "nutcase"??? But crazy environmentalists who set fire to SUVS in car dealerships aren't nutcases? Those who attack cops every time the World Bank or the G8 meets, they're not nutcases? What about those people who wear Mumia and Che on their shirts? Would a Muslim taxi driver who refuses to transport passengers with alcohol (a true story in Minnesota) also be a nutcase or just someone true to his culture and religions? They can you answer that last one? Hold on, if your a liberal Obama type I know your answer already.
Where's the sanity? When will the madness end!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 12:22 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
KT, couldn't rep you again. Excellent post.
Some people just refuse to get it.
Your rights stop at my body.
You said "Your rights stop at my body"

I've been in Doctors offices that have posted on the wall "WE DO NOT take Medicare, If you wish to be seen by the Doctor and You are on medicare you will have to pay cash"

Is that stopping at your body ?

And these are good Doctors, they are just tired of the cut rates and paperwork with medicare.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Would a Muslim taxi driver who refuses to transport passengers with alcohol (a true story in Minnesota) also be a nutcase or just someone true to his culture and religions? They can you answer that last one? Hold on, if your a liberal Obama type I know your answer already.
The Muslims are all nuts, in my humble opinion. Most organized religious types are nuts.

I'm on the fence whether to vote for Barack Obama or Bob Barr if that means anything to you.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:25 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Why do liberals hate freedom so much?

Old 07-09-2008, 12:30 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,927,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneOne View Post
The Muslims are all nuts, in my humble opinion. Most organized religious types are nuts.

I'm on the fence whether to vote for Barack Obama or Bob Barr if that means anything to you.
Your experiences have really been different from mine. A lot of people here on the East Coast are very elitist and are ignorant about the rest of the country. I've heard many comments about "inbreds" in West Virginia and Kentucky, about "hicks" in Iowa and "hillbillies" in West Virginia and "trailer trash" in South Carolina. Mention West Virginia, Kentucky, Alabama, or Kansas to the elite East Coast crowd and see how they react toward these places? I've met MANY people who say country music is for "hicks" and "white trash". It almost seems most people from the Northeast, especially in NY, NJ, CT, and MA believe these things.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:31 PM

1,113 posts, read 1,815,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
*cough PATRIOT Act cough wiretapping cough habeas corpus cough cough*

Whew, had to clear my throat there.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Your experiences have really been different from mine. A lot of people here on the East Coast are very elitist and are ignorant about the rest of the country. I've heard many comments about "inbreds" in West Virginia and Kentucky, about "hicks" in Iowa and "hillbillies" in West Virginia and "trailer trash" in South Carolina. Mention West Virginia, Kentucky, Alabama, or Kansas to the elite East Coast crowd and see how they react toward these places? I've met MANY people who say country music is for "hicks" and "white trash". It almost seems most people from the Northeast, especially in NY, NJ, CT, and MA believe these things.
Couldn't it be that they're just rude? Rudeness is much higher on the East Coast, although when you get to know people, that often goes away very quickly.

Dude, to be honest, it's pretty rude to call girls sluts and whores like you were doing. People have already expressed their opinions about those remarks, but I'll add one thing that surprisingly hasn't been emphasized: it's just not nice. It's not a civil thing to do. Lack of basic civility in today's society is far more of a problem than intolerance about the beliefs of others. If you can't have civility, then it's pretty much a lost cause trying to have anything else.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:35 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Ahahahaha, that's a good one! Wrong, but funny.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:41 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
I think what's happening is that a lot of peopel blame conservatives for Iraq and the poor economy so they go after us in whatever they can, and since birth control and pharmacies, like the article says, is one of the latest fronts in the culture wars....

I blame Bush for the war but I really don't understand why people have to hate me for my beliefs. People are even questioning if I'm a troll? A lot of religions teach that its wrong to have sex before marriage. That is true, that is a fact. I don't understand why the moderator hasn't shut down this thread yet.

Even the OP, that pharmacist in the article is a "nutcase"??? But crazy environmentalists who set fire to SUVS in car dealerships aren't nutcases? Those who attack cops every time the World Bank or the G8 meets, they're not nutcases? What about those people who wear Mumia and Che on their shirts? Would a Muslim taxi driver who refuses to transport passengers with alcohol (a true story in Minnesota) also be a nutcase or just someone true to his culture and religions? They can you answer that last one? Hold on, if your a liberal Obama type I know your answer already.
Your ideas of politics and life in general don't allow for shades of grey. I for example will be voting for Obama however I also would shoot at anyone trying to set fire to or otherwise deface my SUV.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:44 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,588 times
Ok, so we agree that if a pharmacist owns his/her own private pharmacy, he/she can carry whatever medications they want and can serve whomever they want (and should take reasonable effort in notifying customers of their practices of not carrying certain types of drugs), but if they pharmacist works for a retail pharmacy, they should be held to the same standards as the other pharmacists and could be forced to supply ALL the drugs that retail pharmacy carries to everyone, right?

One other thing though, I would be very afraid if you supported any legislation that would force private pharmacists to carry birth control. Birth control is not a life or death drug and there are plenty of other ways to prevent pregnancies. It shouldn't be left to the pharmacist. Personally, I think it's stupid for a pharmacist not to carry it as I believe they would lose a lot of business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies