Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 02:33 PM

272 posts, read 1,003,325 times

Advertisements

Just got some heating oil today, cost 4.26 gal, thank you Democrats for your policy on no drilling in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 02:42 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm View Post
Just got some heating oil today, cost 4.26 gal, thank you Democrats for your policy on no drilling in the US.

Yeah! Thank goodness the Republicans since the crises of the '70s, Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush I, BushII, over 20 years worth(less), gave us such sound energy policies

Old 07-05-2008, 02:44 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,733,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Yeah! Thank goodness the Republicans since the crises of the '70s, Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush I, BushII, over 20 years worth(less), gave us such sound energy policies
I noticed how you conveniently left out all the democrats, stop being a hypocrite. ALL the administrations are responsible, both parties.

Old 07-05-2008, 02:49 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
The amount of oil available in the US would last us what, 190 days or so based on our consumption.
The oil that is drilled in the US currently is shipped elsewhere.
_
Paully, if you can't tell from the OP, this was just started to bash the Dems, so don't complain when the same thing is done to the republicans. Double standard?

Old 07-05-2008, 02:57 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,733,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
The amount of oil available in the US would last us what, 190 days or so based on our consumption.
The oil that is drilled in the US currently is shipped elsewhere.
_
Paully, if you can't tell from the OP, this was just started to bash the Dems, so don't complain when the same thing is done to the republicans. Double standard?

No they're both wrong. Both parties are at fault. But it is the liberals who won't open up drilling. The conservatives should have been much more aggressive with these liberals who simply don't know any better.

Old 07-05-2008, 03:03 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Why open up drilling when the oil is exported and not used in this country?

Cut me a break, you're simply choosing to condemn the dems again. "they didn't know any better" - the republicans have an agenda as well.

Perhaps the US could try a little restraint in its use of petrol.

Old 07-05-2008, 03:09 PM

272 posts, read 1,003,325 times
The thing is, my oil tanks were half full when I got my oil, we have a lot of old people, living in pa, and there tanks are on E, people are going to die this winter.But the Dems still say, no drilling.

Old 07-05-2008, 05:03 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
[quote=chielgirl;4345720]The amount of oil available in the US would last us what, 190 days or so based on our consumption.
QUOTE]
You might want to expand your information source on this subject beyond, algores book. There are some that say we have enough resources to be the largest supplier of oil in the world. Even if their half right, it is still a lot more than 190 days worth! I would suggest that you are probably the only one that really believes that! If you really do!

Old 07-05-2008, 05:23 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
The Democrats have controlled Congress and the Senate for 1.5 years. The Republicans controlled both chambers and the Presidency for 6 years before that and I don't recall them passing anything about drilling in the USA. In fact, your idiot candidate McCain was opposed to it himself up until a few weeks ago when he figured that he would get more poll points by flip flopping (like he has done on almost everything). So if you want to blame somebody, spread it around. And why are you buying heating oil in July?

Old 07-05-2008, 05:25 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
The thing is, my oil tanks were half full when I got my oil, we have a lot of old people, living in pa, and there tanks are on E, people are going to die this winter.But the Dems still say, no drilling.
If the Dems said today "OK drill everywhere", do you think any of that oil would show up by winter? It won't show up for about TEN winters if even then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies