Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 10:43 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
And the beat goes on... isn't there a different drum you'd like to hit?

It isn't just more though... Don't you think youre watering it down just a bit? I love when someone is partially truthful as if a small oversight is enough to qualify a response as honest. The truth is that the average is spread over all the men who were surveyed. The horn dogs (as you say) could have as many as 3-500 partners in their lifetimes. Yes, that is addictive and the lifestyle itself is behavioral.

Women have less partners regardless of gender preference. My rebuttal was to a man, so I directed that toward the gender rather than homosexuality as a whole for simplicities sake. How many other ways could you dilute this conversation with at this point?

We are at the same divide that straights and gays always seem to end up at. My view won't change and neither will yours, but at least I'm honest enough to express that you have the right to be yourself regardless of how you feel my view is wrong. On the other hand, I get the feeling that not only must I accept your lifestyle but that I should also approve, embrace and naturalize it. I have yet to hear that you understand how I could feel the way I do.

So, who is tolerating who at this point?

Would you prefer this;

Unfortunately God decided to build two uniquely seperate bodies who's function to procreate depends entirely on using them as they were built. How absurd that anyone should think this is normal. Because the Bible expresses this, anyone should be ashamed to believe in it let alone read it, and the Bible publishers should be sued for spreading such a hocus pokus pile of nonsense.

Is that a more satisfying response for you?

Cheers
you're welcome to your opinion... I'm just trying to show you that it is not accurate. I am gay and I would not be classified in your "slutty" statistic... I have a partner for 4 years now.. so think what you want.. but just don't make broad assumptions and label everyone. I'm not here to change your mind.. I'm just presenting my view of things for the sake of insight. But what does a gay person know about gays? I'm sure you've got it all figured out..
you cannot label an entire group.. That's like saying straight people sleep around a lot because Madonna who is straight claims to have slept with 1800 people. I mean where's personal accountability.. It's like saying because most the people in jail are african american, that african american's are prone to criminal behavior because it's part of their "blackness" The problems in the gay community have very little to do with who and how many people they're sleeping with... it has to do with self hating and self destructive behavoirs... It isn't their homosexuality that is the root of it.. it's their lifestyles and behaviors and choices regarding what they actually have a choice in. Just because you're gay.. doesn't mean you go out and snort coke and have sex with 10 people in one night...There's plenty of straight people that can and do go off and conduct themselves in such behavior.. It certainly isn't because they are straight or their straightness that makes them choose such behavior as well...I'm not arguing that the gay community is flawless and without personal blame, but I'm not about to let someone like you make it out to be the evils of their gayness and "choice" to be gay that is the root of it all....because the homosexual attraction is NOT a choice.. how you wish to conduct yourself is... and that is why I support gay marriage.. and anything that makes gay's accountable in society.. That way there is no excuse for being disgusting and involved in all kinds of deplorable behavior, and also, so that nay sayers like you can no longer sit on a high horse and condemn them by such actions out of self loathing and lack of self respect. Where it sits now.. people like you can always just point your finger and say.. LOOK what they do.. look at them.. aren't they gross... Many people do the same with other minority groups.. and it isn't right... or logical..
I'm not going to sit here and convince you otherwise.. because you seem to be the straight man with all the answers to gay issues..I'm sure it's just crystal clear from your point of view... you can sum it all up in a nutshell.. so.. have at it...

good luck mate!

Last edited by boiseguy; 09-20-2008 at 11:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 09:14 AM

149 posts, read 171,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Yep, another gay thread..........

"Bradley LaShawn Fowler, 39, has filed lawsuits in a Michigan federal court against Zondervan Publishing and Thomas Nelson Publishing, claiming some editions of the Bibles those companies put out call homosexuality sinful, which has led him to suffer discrimination, emotional pain and mental instability........."

The Seeker - A personal and professional quest for truth | Chicago Tribune | Blog
Let these links do the talking

Homosexual Agenda - Conservapedia

AFA Issues: Homosexual Agenda (http://www.afa.net/homosexual_agenda/ - broken link)

The Homosexual Agenda
The Homosexual Agenda
THE HOMOSEXUAL AGENDA IN OUR PUBLIC SCHOOLS -GOD IS ANGRY!

The Seeker - A personal and professional quest for truth | Chicago Tribune | Blog[/quote]

Old 11-21-2008, 09:40 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Further evidence that religious freedom is on the chopping block.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:48 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
How can you sue over what is written in a book of fiction?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies