Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 01:35 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Joe, you are way above average in perspicacity.
I love it when you post dirty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 01:53 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
SO what have Republicans done in the last 20 years that is considered racism?What bills or laws have Republicans brought forward that specifies anybody's race?
Anti-MLK holiday- helms, mccain and other republicans, Mccain apologize for it but whatever.
jesse helms has tried to abolish every civil rights law there is, too bad he didnt accomplish that.
supported south african apartheid-reagan, helms etc

Ronald Reagan, a 'born again' conservative Republican who had vowed to return America to it's 'golden age' of the 1950's.of Ronald Reagan.

why would anyone want to go back to the 50's?

every year or so blacks have to have our voting rights examined, we are the only group of ppl and we are americans, other immigrant ethnics dont have to go through that.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:54 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I love it when you post dirty
Well, I do aspire to effect ubiquitous epiphanies.

Old 07-15-2008, 02:12 PM

78,426 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
There are some white people who are accustomed to ruling the roost and they will never give up that power or even share it. Thank God most of them are older and will die off and leave us sooner rather than later. But they vote Republican because they see the Republican Party as the "anti black anti brown" party. The Republicans use blacks as bogeymen for crime and racial quotas in their campagins and they try to scare people about the Mexicans sneaking in the country. Of course they never deal with crime or illegal immigration after they get elected but racial politics is still good campagin fodder for the Republicans.
But the Republicans are about to reap what they have sewed. They have already driven the Mexicans away with the likes of Pete Wilson and Pat Buchannon- which is why that California- that once gave us Reagan- is pretty much permanently blue now and why increasingly states like Arizona, New Mexico and Texas are likely the head that way. Once amnesty is passed and millions of new Mexican voters are on the rolls, the election map might change radically.
Please address these points:
1. The democratic primary in Mississippi had 90% of blacks voting for Obama and around 50% of those indicated that race impacted thier decision.
2. Hillary wins WV by winning the majority of the white vote. This was openly described by Obama supporters as the white racist rednecks supporting Hillary.
3. Chicago and several other large US cities have a lengthy and continuing practice of isolating minorities to the worst neighborhoods, underfunding their schools and underpolicing their neighborhoods unless violence spilled over into "important areas". (Hint: These are not Republican bastions.)

Basically, both parties have dirty hands...but its easier when you don't have to think but rather just straight party vote. Just moo when you are being milked.

Old 07-15-2008, 02:13 PM

78,426 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
every year or so blacks have to have our voting rights examined, we are the only group of ppl and we are americans, other immigrant ethnics dont have to go through that.
I call BS. Link please.

Old 07-15-2008, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I call BS. Link please.

lol you need a link for that, its common knowledge a few years ago there was a vote in the house for extended rights and theres gonna be another in a number of years why cant it be permanent we are americans right?

Old 07-15-2008, 02:26 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
lol you need a link for that, its common knowledge a few years ago there was a vote in the house for extended rights and theres gonna be another in a number of years why cant it be permanent we are americans right?
I honestly have no knowledge of that but of course it should be permanent.On Reagan wanting to "go back to the 50's" I would need to see the entire speech about that because I think that is being taken out of context.It is easy to break apart a sentance and use a bit to twist a new meaning to it.

Old 07-15-2008, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I honestly have no knowledge of that but of course it should be permanent.On Reagan wanting to "go back to the 50's" I would need to see the entire speech about that because I think that is being taken out of context.It is easy to break apart a sentance and use a bit to twist a new meaning to it.
ok

Old 07-15-2008, 02:33 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,396,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Please address these points:
1. The democratic primary in Mississippi had 90% of blacks voting for Obama and around 50% of those indicated that race impacted thier decision.
2. Hillary wins WV by winning the majority of the white vote. This was openly described by Obama supporters as the white racist rednecks supporting Hillary.
3. Chicago and several other large US cities have a lengthy and continuing practice of isolating minorities to the worst neighborhoods, underfunding their schools and underpolicing their neighborhoods unless violence spilled over into "important areas". (Hint: These are not Republican bastions.)

Basically, both parties have dirty hands...but its easier when you don't have to think but rather just straight party vote. Just moo when you are being milked.
that is a very eye opening post on the double standards used

Old 07-15-2008, 04:39 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,795,499 times
Aside from the regrettable foot in mouth comments made on occasion by prominent Republicans, if you look at some of the threads posted in the past few months in the political forum this can give you some insight. The fact that the significant majority of Hispanic and Black voters will be voting Democratic this election according to most recent polls was discussed there. (Asians appear more evenly divided according to the polls).

Many self proclaimed Republicans immediately went to the "were the Hispanics polled legal or illegal" card.

Or the "Minorities vote Democratic so they can all get free stuff from the government" card.

Or "the Minorities need to get better educated about what Republicans really stand for" card.

I think in general minorities may be getting tired of being treated like they are mentally deficient stepchildren who are just looking for handouts and who if they are Hispanic must be either illegal or an illegal immigrant sympathizer.

Not saying all Republicans are like this, but that perception certainly exists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies