Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 09:35 PM

889 posts, read 2,406,039 times

Advertisements

I didn't write the words! I just posted the email I got geez!~ If you don't agree with it...then don't. If you think putting it in here is spreading falsity...then what about the fact that brasscheck mailed it out to millions of people?......I watched it, I put it in here to share it...How do YOU Know it's BS? Prove that to me instead of blaming me for spreading something you BELIEVE isn't true. Not for nothing, but look at a third of the post on this board and tell me everything passed the check and balance department. GEEZ. You don't believe it, post something to disprove it, THAT will make you a bigger person that calling me an idiot you idiot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 11:18 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,338,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GigiBowman View Post
Brought to you
by the Bush administration
This is how George Bush and Dick Cheney support the troops. And you can thank Congress for it too while you're at it.

Simple biological warfare - poisoning the troops' water supply - is the most cost effective way of neutralizing the effectiveness of an armed force.

The problem is how do you get to the supply?

In Iraq, that's no problem.

Bush and company have brought in private contractors to provide the water supply to troops and the private contractor, Halliburton, Dick Cheney's former employer, has deemed it unnecessary to provide uncontaminated water to US troops serving in Iraq.

Take the money? Sure. The actual safety of the water? Not our concern.

Neither the flag-waving rabble-rousers of the Bush administration nor the gutless, venal cowards in Congress seem to care about the problem.

Too busy gearing up for the attack on Iran I guess.

Biological warfare<br>against US troops
NEITHER party supports the troops . However IMO as a Vet which in truth means nothing as many Vets will disagree with me the Neocon "christian" conservative bunch is the ultimate enemy of our troops .

The rest use troops during political times but dont care about them but Neocons HATE them with their vile hypocrite flag waving lies .

Old 07-18-2008, 08:13 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GigiBowman View Post
I didn't write the words! I just posted the email I got geez!~ If you don't agree with it...then don't. If you think putting it in here is spreading falsity...then what about the fact that brasscheck mailed it out to millions of people?......I watched it, I put it in here to share it...How do YOU Know it's BS? Prove that to me instead of blaming me for spreading something you BELIEVE isn't true. Not for nothing, but look at a third of the post on this board and tell me everything passed the check and balance department. GEEZ. You don't believe it, post something to disprove it, THAT will make you a bigger person that calling me an idiot you idiot!
Do you spread rumors because someone told you one? There is a responsibilty to this.

You could have preceded that posting with "Hey guys, got this in the mail, I have no idea if this is true or what is going on with this, what do you guys think?"

At that point you could have easily held the position you do now, but you didn't. The manner to which you posted it is one of acceptance to its claims and a willingness to spread its claims to others.

Also, about my "disproving it", let me say first that it is the responsibility of a person who spreads garbage like this to provide some sort of credible position to it. You did not provide ANY evidence to this claim. That is, it is STRICTLY hearsay. There is nothing to substantiate your posting, it would be no different if you came here and made some wild claim yourself.

Lastly, If you were reading the posts, you would notice that I as well as others have attempted to look up anything related to this and all we get is "old news" of allegations and nothing that furthers the legitimacy of this claim. Funny how something as serious as this claim doesn't seem to have all of the story, don't you think? Odd that you can find the allegations everywhere, but finding any facts on the issue is almost non-existent.

You posted it, how about YOU provide some evidence to this claim rather than liable and slander?

Old 07-18-2008, 08:53 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,407,634 times
So...do I understand correctly that this is either:

1. A well-kept secret, kept under wraps by the Evil and All-Powerful Bush Administration

or

2. A pile of horse puckey with no substantiation whatsoever?

I wonder which.

p.s. I'd suggest just because you see something on your email that you go to snopes.com to verify, and if you don't see anything on it there, do a google search and if you don't see anything credible, I'd delete the email to avoid looking foolish.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:01 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
and Barack Obama is a secret Muslim Antichrist babyeater, cell phones cook eggs, Bill gates wants to pay me $0.50 for every email I forward, and if you flash your headlights at someone you'll get shot in a gang initiation.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
So...do I understand correctly that this is either:

1. A well-kept secret, kept under wraps by the Evil and All-Powerful Bush Administration

or

2. A pile of horse puckey with no substantiation whatsoever?

I wonder which.

p.s. I'd suggest just because you see something on your email that you go to snopes.com to verify, and if you don't see anything on it there, do a google search and if you don't see anything credible, I'd delete the email to avoid looking foolish.

I'll let you do that. Tell me what you come up with.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Do you spread rumors because someone told you one? There is a responsibilty to this.

You could have preceded that posting with "Hey guys, got this in the mail, I have no idea if this is true or what is going on with this, what do you guys think?"

At that point you could have easily held the position you do now, but you didn't. The manner to which you posted it is one of acceptance to its claims and a willingness to spread its claims to others.

Also, about my "disproving it", let me say first that it is the responsibility of a person who spreads garbage like this to provide some sort of credible position to it. You did not provide ANY evidence to this claim. That is, it is STRICTLY hearsay. There is nothing to substantiate your posting, it would be no different if you came here and made some wild claim yourself.

Lastly, If you were reading the posts, you would notice that I as well as others have attempted to look up anything related to this and all we get is "old news" of allegations and nothing that furthers the legitimacy of this claim. Funny how something as serious as this claim doesn't seem to have all of the story, don't you think? Odd that you can find the allegations everywhere, but finding any facts on the issue is almost non-existent.

You posted it, how about YOU provide some evidence to this claim rather than liable and slander?

I accept it's claims. So prove it wrong.....still waiting for someone to do that.

Old 07-18-2008, 10:34 AM

Here is one article:

Memo: Halliburton failed to purify GIs’ water

Internal report says contamination could've caused 'mass sickness or death

updated 7:28 a.m. ET, Thurs., March. 16, 2006

WASHINGTON - Halliburton Co. failed to protect the water supply it is paid to purify for U.S. soldiers throughout Iraq, in one instance missing contamination that could have caused “mass sickness or death,” an internal company report concluded.

Memo: Halliburton didn’t purify GIs’ water - Conflict in Iraq - MSNBC.com

Old 07-18-2008, 10:37 AM

“An Oversight Hearing on Whether Halliburton
Has Failed to Provide Clean Water to United States Troops in Iraq”
Monday, January 23, 2006
1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m
628 Dirksen Senate Office Building

http://www.halliburtonwatch.org/reports/dpc_water.pdf

Old 07-18-2008, 10:55 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,407,634 times
Thanks, but the report was from May 2005. Nothing since.

And if someone made an error, or there was "confusion about roles" between KBR and Halliburton or whomever, it hardly would constitute biological warfare against our troops on the part of Halliburton, in my opinion.

Nothing ever came of this so I wouldn't be too riled up about it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies