Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 02:11 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,958,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GigiBowman View Post
Hey, maybe I'm not perfect and I fall for information that might not be 100% as it comes through the great big internet wire (thought I give myself a better chance of getting it right by listening to what ordinarly folks have to say)....but at least I'm not fool enough to fall for Obama. Or McCain.
Nobody requires you to be prefect, just honest and objective in situations like these. By simply passing on the post as you did, all you did was spread ignorance to people in support of propaganda. Now did you do it willingly? I can not conclude that, all I can decide on is the actions you take. Think before you act and you won't run into these issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 02:30 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,229,470 times
Quote:
Brought to you
by the Bush administration
This is how George Bush and Dick Cheney support the troops. And you can thank Congress for it too while you're at it.

Simple biological warfare - poisoning the troops' water supply - is the most cost effective way of neutralizing the effectiveness of an armed force.

The problem is how do you get to the supply?

In Iraq, that's no problem.

Bush and company have brought in private contractors to provide the water supply to troops and the private contractor, Halliburton, Dick Cheney's former employer, has deemed it unnecessary to provide uncontaminated water to US troops serving in Iraq.

Take the money? Sure. The actual safety of the water? Not our concern.

Neither the flag-waving rabble-rousers of the Bush administration nor the gutless, venal cowards in Congress seem to care about the problem.

Too busy gearing up for the attack on Iran I guess.

Biological warfare<br>against US troops
The statement I highlighted in bold above is incorrect. Actually, both President Bush and Congress care a lot about the problem.

As part of the process after the initial Iraq invasion the Defense Department, a cabinet organization under the oval office, set up a dedicated DoDIG office in Iraq. This was done to establish the capability to investigate any potential wrongdoing, and to ensure a full time audit capability on the ground at the site. This is much more effective than having to fly audit teams over for short durations, and ensures more audit consistency.

This specific review was requested by Congress, had they not done so the issue discussed in this thread likely never would have surfaced.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:02 PM

889 posts, read 2,407,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Nobody requires you to be prefect, just honest and objective in situations like these. By simply passing on the post as you did, all you did was spread ignorance to people in support of propaganda. Now did you do it willingly? I can not conclude that, all I can decide on is the actions you take. Think before you act and you won't run into these issues.
And Again, I disagree with you.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
And Again, I disagree with you.
How so? Explain and reason.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
The statement I highlighted in bold above is incorrect. Actually, both President Bush and Congress care a lot about the problem.

As part of the process after the initial Iraq invasion the Defense Department, a cabinet organization under the oval office, set up a dedicated DoDIG office in Iraq. This was done to establish the capability to investigate any potential wrongdoing, and to ensure a full time audit capability on the ground at the site. This is much more effective than having to fly audit teams over for short durations, and ensures more audit consistency.

This specific review was requested by Congress, had they not done so the issue discussed in this thread likely never would have surfaced.
And they are not my words..they were the words in plain sight when you clicked the link written by Brasscheck TV who sent the email. I watched the video. I passed it on. I believe the guy.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:12 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,229,470 times
Quote:
And they are not my words..they were the words in plain sight when you clicked the link written by Brasscheck TV who sent the email. I watched the video. I passed it on. I believe the guy.
I was responding to the posting itself. You can believe whatever you want, that is fine with me. I posted the actual source report.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:35 PM

Oh, look, another email from Brasscheck tonight. I have to say, their titles and descriptions are very sensationalist but the video's are very compelling. I'm glad they send me these so I'm aware of what's going on that I won't read in my local Newsday. This one was on 20/20 but I don't watch it....so I missed knowing about this when it happened.

Very sad.

Terrorism against women
working in Iraq

Brought to you by Halliburton/KBR
and the US government
Why is Halliburton/KBR being protected? Who is protecting them and how?

Why are they being allowed to run an obviously criminal enterprise is broad daylight?

Clearly the Bush administration couldn't care less, but what about Congress?

Terrorism against women<br>working in Iraq

Old 07-18-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Oh, look, another email from Brasscheck tonight. I have to say, their titles and descriptions are very sensationalist but the video's are very compelling. I'm glad they send me these so I'm aware of what's going on that I won't read in my local Newsday. This one was on 20/20 but I don't watch it....so I missed knowing about this when it happened.

Very sad.

Terrorism against women
working in Iraq

Brought to you by Halliburton/KBR
and the US government
Why is Halliburton/KBR being protected? Who is protecting them and how?

Why are they being allowed to run an obviously criminal enterprise is broad daylight?

Clearly the Bush administration couldn't care less, but what about Congress?

Terrorism against women<br>working in Iraq
so, you post garbage, then the truth is shown and you ignore it then peddle more of your garbage as matter of spite? Welcome to ignore, it is obvious you are just another sheep posting for the propaganda machine.

Old 07-18-2008, 11:12 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,525,246 times
Now the burden is on you, Halliburton being involved in the gang rape, imprisonment, and cover up of their own employeee is a FACT. Do you actually ever have any opinions, Nomander, or do you just like to argue and condescend? It sure gets old fast.

Old 07-18-2008, 11:14 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,525,246 times
Since you seem to have the time, Nomander, why don't you go back to "Born that way?" and answer my NAMBLA comment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies