Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 09:49 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,964,506 times

Advertisements

It is so clear and apparent that Harry Reid and Nancy Peloci must hate to see us ordinary hard working Americans have any sense of success, as they are definitely making sure they break the back of the middle class by making certain the cost of heating oil and gasoline will be so expensive that we all have to succumb to Nancy Peloci's vision of all of us wearing Gray and White Pajamas and reading the Red Book of Mao!

If these two traitors really cared about us they would unite with our president no matter who he is and stand together and state that we as a nation are united to develop more of our own natural resources and make energy a national priority! If these two scoundrels did that the cost of Crude would tank to $50 a barrel!

So IMHO I feel these disgusting people need to be kicked out of office and tried for treason!

Old 07-20-2008, 10:11 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,210,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
It is so clear and apparent that Harry Reid and Nancy Peloci must hate to see us ordinary hard working Americans have any sense of success, as they are definitely making sure they break the back of the middle class by making certain the cost of heating oil and gasoline will be so expensive that we all have to succumb to Nancy Peloci's vision of all of us wearing Gray and White Pajamas and reading the Red Book of Mao!

If these two traitors really cared about us they would unite with our president no matter who he is and stand together and state that we as a nation are united to develop more of our own natural resources and make energy a national priority! If these two scoundrels did that the cost of Crude would tank to $50 a barrel!

So IMHO I feel these disgusting people need to be kicked out of office and tried for treason!
I disagree heartily.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
I disagree heartily.
tangodoodles, have you looked at their assets and balance sheets? Pelosi and Reid are loaded and woven real tightly with Al Gores Generations Investment Fund! They will make Billions off your misery!

Old 07-20-2008, 10:38 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,210,575 times
Quote:
tangodoodles, have you looked at their assets and balance sheets? Pelosi and Reid are loaded and woven real tightly with Al Gores Generations Investment Fund! They will make Billions off your misery!
So what? I'm not that miserable. My parents work hard, I'm in college, I'm heading to law school, when I get done I'll work hard. It's just what we have to do. Why do people nowadays lack work ethic? I'll pay my taxes and be a productive member of society. Plus, I like Reid and Pelosi well enough. They earned their money by working, they don't get paid that much by being members of Congress.

Old 07-20-2008, 11:34 PM

1 posts, read 2,769 times
Default I can't resist replying, briefly!

Hi CV,

This is my very first response to a posting. Here I am, in sunny SoCal, wishing to be somewhere else - but I'm here & have been, since almost forever.

A gentle criticism: Please give some thought to your accuracy in spelling and grammar. It may be no big deal to you but to some, it portends ignorance & lack of education.

I also suggest that there are really only TWO affordable, viable sources of energy for our transportation & home heating & cooling. Most people don't like the answers.

The first is the power from the sun. It's FREE to all & that's a big reason large corporations shun it. Not much money to be made here.

Second, atomic generation of power. Dangerous? Yes, it can be but several European countries have found it safe, reliable & re-newable.

As far as Pelosi and Reid: You are correct. Throw them out of office because they promised to stop Bush and they have utterly failed. This congress gets a lot of credit for our current economic mess too!

So. That's why I will probably vote for Nader. It's a weak alternative BUT I feel Obama CANNOT be elected - for many reasons. And McCain: Please, 12 years of Bush 2 & 3 are much too much.

Thanks for your time.

Stuart

Old 07-20-2008, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldoKid View Post
Hi CV,

This is my very first response to a posting. Here I am, in sunny SoCal, wishing to be somewhere else - but I'm here & have been, since almost forever.

A gentle criticism: Please give some thought to your accuracy in spelling and grammar. It may be no big deal to you but to some, it portends ignorance & lack of education.

I also suggest that there are really only TWO affordable, viable sources of energy for our transportation & home heating & cooling. Most people don't like the answers.

The first is the power from the sun. It's FREE to all & that's a big reason large corporations shun it. Not much money to be made here.

Second, atomic generation of power. Dangerous? Yes, it can be but several European countries have found it safe, reliable & re-newable.

As far as Pelosi and Reid: You are correct. Throw them out of office because they promised to stop Bush and they have utterly failed. This congress gets a lot of credit for our current economic mess too!

So. That's why I will probably vote for Nader. It's a weak alternative BUT I feel Obama CANNOT be elected - for many reasons. And McCain: Please, 12 years of Bush 2 & 3 are much too much. Thanks for your time. Stuart
Moderator cut: unnecessary comments, please refrain from personal attacks per site ToS

But having said that I am pleased to see you are taking somewhat of an interest regarding efficient and cost effective energy. Not a bad thing to do these days!

Yes, with regards to Bush, well he has proved to be a total failure with regards to the current price of crude. The proof as we observe today is the fact he can't even flood the market with Iraqi Crude to lower the price per barrel! Even after being there for almost 6 years! For me that is one total failure! He needs to get the troops out like tomorrow night and admit his mistakes.

However, Stuart, Bush did have a good energy plan he proposed back in 2001. Peloci and Reid blocked it only to gain more power, control and yes maybe to pay for Nancy Polosi's face lift and hairy lip modification!

Last edited by da jammer; 07-21-2008 at 12:36 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 07-21-2008, 12:27 AM

2,896 posts, read 6,636,342 times
Lordy, calm down folks. Yes, many posts have been removed due to the fact that they had nothing to do with the original topic....speaking of which, let's get back to it. Thanks everyone.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:37 AM

1,233 posts, read 2,826,626 times
Comet, why on Earth would you imagine that Pelosi's trying to turn this country into a communist nation?

Last edited by da jammer; 07-21-2008 at 01:05 AM..

Old 07-21-2008, 02:20 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,471,535 times
Quote:

Interesting. So in your world, democracy would mean we stand next to the decider, without an opposing viewpoint?

Tried for treason? Really?

You voted an oilman into office, and now oil is more than 100 per barrel higher than when he started. That is no coincedence.

You also have a trade deficit in the TRILLIONS which destroys the US dollar, the dollar, which oil is priced in.

Now it's election time and all the right wing stooges who were always against offshore drilling before (Jeb Bush, McCain etc) are (gasp) in favor of it all of a sudden. Whuddathunkit?

And even if we went with this backasswards plan of drilling oil ten years down the road, who is stupid enough to believe it won't just be sold to whoever is willing to pay market price? Demand is only increasing, so what price point do you think this magic oil going to sell at in ten years? It's not going to make a lick of difference now, that's for damn sure.

Conservation would be a great place to start, and if you don't want to conserve, then get ready to pay. The end of cheap, easy energy (from oil) is over. You can't have it both ways.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:56 AM

1,482 posts, read 2,385,515 times
I don't care much nor do I have much use for the Democrats nor the Republicans the way things are but this has to be the dumbest thread I have read on this board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies