Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 10:32 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,588,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
MAPLEWOOD, Mo. — A gunman shot at firefighters responding to a report of a burning pickup truck early Monday, killing one, then opened fire on police, wounding two officers.
The incident began at 5:40 a.m. with a report of a pickup truck fire in Maplewood, a suburban town just southwest of St. Louis. When firefighters arrived, someone began firing shots.
Is it time for the military to start patrolling crime ridden US cities! As a member of the 6th Cavalry stationed at Fort Meade, MD when I returned from Viet-Nam in 1968, I was detailed to Washington DC in 1969 to patrol the streets of the city for 10 days, with orders to shoot to kill, during the Washington riots during which 55 persons were killed. I believe that the crime and anarchy in our cities is approaching a flash point that will require military intervention.

FOXNews.com - Firefighter Shot to Death While Responding to Fire Near St. Louis - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 11:46 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,524,223 times
How many firefighters have been shot in this area in the course of duty? I don't agree that an isolated incident no matter how horrible merits the kind of response you suggest.

Here would be another example, I've recently read about two cases involving some wacked out chick killing another woman and stealing the baby. So therefore all pregnant women should be kept under armed guard to ensure they are not murdered by someone stealing their baby? No, of course not.

In case you think I just don't understand, 1) bf is a firefighter and 2) I have ptsd, sounds like you might too.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:50 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,237,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
Is it time for the military to start patrolling crime ridden US cities! As a member of the 6th Cavalry stationed at Fort Meade, MD when I returned from Viet-Nam in 1968, I was detailed to Washington DC in 1969 to patrol the streets of the city for 10 days, with orders to shoot to kill, during the Washington riots during which 55 persons were killed. I believe that the crime and anarchy in our cities is approaching a flash point that will require military intervention.

FOXNews.com - Firefighter Shot to Death While Responding to Fire Near St. Louis - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
Is this Rod Blagojevich posting in disguise?

Old 07-22-2008, 12:01 AM

2,779 posts, read 7,524,223 times
What is a Rod Blagojevich? Why don't we start with having the military patrol in military communities where military spouses seem to be killing each other?

Old 07-22-2008, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
How many firefighters have been shot in this area in the course of duty? I don't agree that an isolated incident no matter how horrible merits the kind of response you suggest.

Here would be another example, I've recently read about two cases involving some wacked out chick killing another woman and stealing the baby. So therefore all pregnant women should be kept under armed guard to ensure they are not murdered by someone stealing their baby? No, of course not.

In case you think I just don't understand, 1) bf is a firefighter and 2) I have ptsd, sounds like you might too.
I was a Platoon Sargent with the 4th ID (Pleiku Provence) during an 18 month TOD in 1967-68, and yes, I was diagnosed with PTSD about 25 years ago. This does not change the degenerating conditions in the major cities of the US where even the police avoid confrontation because of the firepower of the "combatants"! I do believe that the time has come for military intervention to take back control of the streets!

Old 07-22-2008, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
Is this Rod Blagojevich posting in disguise?
NO!!! Why would you think that I was an OP named "Rod Blagojevich"?

Old 07-22-2008, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
What is a Rod Blagojevich? Why don't we start with having the military patrol in military communities where military spouses seem to be killing each other?
Your comparison is pointless!

Old 07-22-2008, 05:23 AM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,826 times
Quote:
NO!!! Why would you think that I was an OP named "Rod Blagojevich"?
He's the governor of Illinois. A lot of people have been concerned recently with a huge spike in crime rates through Chicago and other Illinois suburbs. I am all for the national guard taking care of business at home here in Illinois.

Old 07-22-2008, 05:27 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,737,921 times
Quote:
Your comparison is pointless!

I agree.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:26 AM

439 posts, read 1,232,772 times
Or maybe we should hire and better train morepolice. Give them the tools to do their job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies