Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 11:44 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Curious how Republicans feel about the anti-gay positions of the GOP & if it is hurting rather than helping their party? I believe the turning point will be how California votes on gay marriage in November. The GOP is officially against gay marriage & frankly most people against gays are Republican.

Is this issue now beginning to hurt the GOP unlike past elections where Rove made sure anti-gay marriage was also on the ballot [to attract more Republicans]?

Any thoughts?
im wondering myself when these same people are meeting boys online and having sex with them. yall know who, and i bet hes not on the sex offenders list eithe because hes republican
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 02:00 AM

799 posts, read 1,445,420 times
I was a Republican but I was never anti-gay. I am against gay marriage because I don't want them to go through that mess. You don't need to worry about your partner bugging you about marriage if it is illegal.

Old 08-06-2008, 03:20 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,937,768 times
I think it hurts the party from recruiting younger members. My generation and those coming after me are more and more accepting of homosexuality being nonharmful and simply a variation of human sexuality. Whether you believe it is benign or not is a subject for another thread. I'm stating why I think the position is hurting the party's effort to recruit.

Old 08-06-2008, 03:22 PM

658 posts, read 831,291 times
I don't care what party is against sodomy. It's wrong. If you want to create your own moral code out of thin air or how you feel at midnight on a full moon, that's your business. But neither of those things, or politics for that matter, change anything. It's still wrong.

Old 08-06-2008, 03:30 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,608,852 times
^^^^^^^^^^not many lesbians are sodomites.

I love it how some of you slobs are using the word "homo" to describe homosexuals. Every time someone uses the word homo in a derogatory way I always think homosapien, yep we are all homo's.

Yes it is hurting the Rep party along with the miserable failed "war" on drugs. "war" on terror, "war" against the homosexual "agenda"...... gimme a break.

Liberty and justice for ALL.

Old 08-06-2008, 03:40 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
I became a Republican because it was being for less government and control of people's lives. Anti-gay legislation is contrary to that ideal.

Old 08-06-2008, 03:50 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BilleeBob View Post
No. Most homos vote democrat.
With exceptions of guys like Haggard who sniffs meth off his boyfriends ass while preaching the evils of gayness on the weekends.

Or Craig who cuts footloose in airport restrooms across this great country of ours.

Or Foley who likes "naughty emails" with teenage male pages, while fighting against internet predators during the day.

We also had our own down here in Tampa, who solicited an undercover police officer for oral sex. Then said he only offered to service the man because he was black and black people made him nervous.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:05 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesandveybe View Post
I don't care what party is against sodomy. It's wrong. If you want to create your own moral code out of thin air or how you feel at midnight on a full moon, that's your business. But neither of those things, or politics for that matter, change anything. It's still wrong.
I guess it makes life simpler and easier to understand if you have your own moral code you follow and whenever someone else challenges it, the person is automatically dead wrong.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:40 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,296,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
^^^^^^^^^^not many lesbians are sodomites.

<snip>
And lots of heterosexuals ARE.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:01 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,937,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesandveybe View Post
Me thinks the poster doth protest too much?

Funny, the nature of homosexuality is not being discussed on this thread, rather it is party tactics, yet you feel compelled to post this out of your obsession.

Interesting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies