Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 11:16 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,951,292 times

Advertisements

I just saw an article online. Since the paper came up in an Adobe Reader, I can't link it, but here's the story:

"TX, Orange - A 46-year-old man is dead after police officers stunned him with a Taser while trying to arrest him.
The unidentified man was found at the home of an elderly woman after she made a medical alert call, The Orange Leader reported.
Medical personnel called police after arriving at her home and seeing the woman screaming for help. Officers found the man on the floor and the woman in bed.
The suspect resisted and officers used their Taser stun gun to stop him."

So... my question is do you think it's police brutality is using a Taser gun against an individual who was "on the floor", or is this the fault of the individual for resisting arrest?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2008, 11:40 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,391 times
Nope. If you don't want to take your life in your hands, you should submit to the police and not resist.

Oh, especially if you're in an elderly woman's house uninvited and she's screaming for help with you in her bed.

Not to mention the fact that he refused to show his hands when the cops asked him to do so.

Local News: Police in Orange Investigate Death of Man Who Was Tasered | orange, police, death :

This elderly lady (myself) wouldn't have been screaming for help...except maybe for help in cleaning my bed up from what was left of this guy. By the time the cops got there with their taser, my problems (and his) would be over.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:42 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,955,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
I just saw an article online. Since the paper came up in an Adobe Reader, I can't link it, but here's the story:

"TX, Orange - A 46-year-old man is dead after police officers stunned him with a Taser while trying to arrest him.
The unidentified man was found at the home of an elderly woman after she made a medical alert call, The Orange Leader reported.
Medical personnel called police after arriving at her home and seeing the woman screaming for help. Officers found the man on the floor and the woman in bed.

So... my question is do you think it's police brutality is using a Taser gun against an individual who was "on the floor", or is this the fault of the individual for resisting arrest?
Quote:
The suspect resisted and officers used their Taser stun gun to stop him.
Nope.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:44 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,955,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
Nope. If you don't want to take your life in your hands, you should submit to the police and not resist.

Oh, especially if you're in an elderly woman's house uninvited and she's screaming for help with you in her bed.

Not to mention the fact that he refused to show his hands when the cops asked him to do so.

Local News: Police in Orange Investigate Death of Man Who Was Tasered | orange, police, death :

This elderly lady (myself) wouldn't have been screaming for help...except maybe for help in cleaning my bed up from what was left of this guy. By the time the cops got there with their taser, my problems (and his) would be over.
I was thinking the same thing. *chuckle* I mean, she had every right to shoot the guy dead.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:50 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,391 times
'zackly. In fact she'd have saved the taxpayers a butt load of money regardless of the outcome, whether in lawsuit defense for the PD, or keeping his pathetic ass alive in prison. (Or, worse, the social cost of him being tried and released to hurt others).

Old 08-11-2008, 01:48 PM

78,434 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:

You can't be serious?
I've read of a few taser deaths....several turn out that the person had some rather harsh drugs in their system (meth etc.) that contributed.
Certainly, I would prefer they stopped using Taser's and just shot the guy dead.

Old 08-11-2008, 01:54 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,342,175 times
[quote=Rathagos;4815791]I just saw an article online. Since the paper came up in an Adobe Reader, I can't link it, but here's the story:

So... my question is do you think it's police brutality is using a Taser gun against an individual who was "on the floor", or is this the fault of the individual for resisting arrest?[/quote----

------------

Thats the police version of the story . Doesnt mean its true.

However their version is accepted by every white person here.

Tasers like everything else this militia has is used to abuse people .

If the guy was black they will be fine its okay to kill him .

Old 08-11-2008, 02:04 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,861,848 times
Quote:

I am not white, I prefer the police use their billy clubs and beat him into submission... so much more humane than tasering the guy... we should go back to the old system...too many people complaining about the new system...

Old 08-11-2008, 02:13 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,342,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I am not white, I prefer the police use their billy clubs and beat him into submission... so much more humane than tasering the guy... we should go back to the old system...too many people complaining about the new system...
--------------

The clubs wouldnt kill him. These tasers seem to be used and abused for the slightest reason.

Why must we pick between beating with clubs or killing with taser ?

And again why believe the police version ?

Old 08-11-2008, 02:22 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,861,848 times
You mean there is an alternative that saves time, lives, and money faster than a club or taser? You mean criminals will obey to simple commands before the use of force? I seen many times on live TV where the officer ALWAYS asked for the criminal to comply and they never did... it always resulted in force... thinking about it... it takes only one time for you to die... if you are going to arrest a criminal, would your life be worth less than taking necessary precautions... what if the criminal had a knife and was going to stab you when you get closer... are you willing to risk your life or are you going to use whatever is necessary to subdue the criminal? I rather the criminal get hurt then me losing my life... If the criminal complied with instructions, do you think it would resort in force? You are putting too much trust in a criminal that is NOT obeying your command to give up... and that trust will end up with you losing your life...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies