Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 05:56 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,901,040 times

Advertisements

The blond in the FOX link was not wearing a short skirt. At least not by the standards of the 60's & 70's. Now those were good times for the visually aware.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 06:00 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,761,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I don't have a problem with it
I agree with you on this one.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:12 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,673,614 times
Quote:
In the meantime however, Clem said she will be using her experience as a way to raise awareness about discrimination.

“I want to speak for everybody else who has been discriminated against but has never said anything,” she told the Register. “I want them to apologize and let them know that in this day and age, a woman has a right to wear what she wants.”
Hate to break it to you, little girl, but the mall is private property. They can put any restrictions they want to on how you dress.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:55 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,693,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationSeattle View Post
Hate to break it to you, little girl, but the mall is private property. They can put any restrictions they want to on how you dress.
Yup. And there are no laws to protect you from being discriminated for dressing too revealing. What a frivolous lawsuit.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:36 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,901,040 times
Maybe it is time to restrict what rules can be established on private property used by vast number of people. Maybe we should consider a mall corridor a public street. I think this is a good idea.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:41 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,876,184 times
I would put money on the fact that she goes to community college.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:42 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,693,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Maybe it is time to restrict what rules can be established on private property used by vast number of people. Maybe we should consider a mall corridor a public street. I think this is a good idea.
A mall corridor is owned by the private owners of a mall. Why should it be deemed public property?

Old 08-14-2008, 12:43 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,173,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I'm not surprised.

So when are you sending me a key to your house, Greg? You have no respect for property rights, so I expect that you're going to let anyone who wishes come into your place and do whatever they want. I'm a smoker, and I like to stay up late and turn the TV way up - hope you don't mind.

OF COURSE the mall can kick out whoever they want, for whatever reason they want. Private property is exactly that - private. If you don't like the rules, you're free to stay home or go somewhere else.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:25 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,591,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
I'd like to know what was Ms. Clem wearing under the dress? As evidenced from the photos, any movement by Ms. Clem from the vertical position would expose her posterior/buttocks. Short-shorts are shorter than Ms. Clem's minidress, but shorts don't reveal the naked buttocks or private parts, unless their cut-off shorts which barely, if ever, cover the underwear! I'm constantly staring at underwear tags and looking at thongs (very not sexy!) on the street and in the stores. Cover it up ladies, you look like you've just come from the Jerry Springer Show!

FOXNews.com - Kentucky Student May Sue After Mall Claimed Her Dress Was Too Short for Shopping - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
You think that dress is too short??? PLEASE, I've seen shorter, that's not nearly as offensive as you think.

Old 08-14-2008, 01:35 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,593,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
Long's she's got undies on under there who cares.

If she's walking around commando, that's just nasty.

To me it just looks like another case of deliberate tittilation to entice attention and get on the news and make a couple bucks in a frivolous lawsuit.
Very good! That would be correct! Was this a deliberate act of provocation? Maybe? Is Ms. Clem getting her 15 minutes of fame and fortune! You betcha she is! She's making the rounds of all the cable news networks and news shows, which isn't a bad thing, considering all the violence going on in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies