Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 11:08 PM

126 posts, read 260,956 times

Advertisements

They're cowards and the feel guilty because they live here. They're guilty because they have all the wonderful things America has to offer but they're great bit pu$$ies when it comes to leaving. Their words are impotent and most people with the intelligence of a pea pod write them off as imbeciles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 11:08 PM

4 posts, read 4,631 times
There used to be some colonist who complained about one of the best monarchies on the planet. Against all odds, they fought and won a better way of life. They were a minority at the time, not the silent majority. They achieved a better form of government, made some mistakes, and now they won't tolerate any suggestion of improvement? Well, count me on the side of defending the right of people to achieve the best. They are patriotic. The defenders of the status quo are lame. George is as george does.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:52 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,265,477 times
cost of living and know only english?

to have the same lifestyle (materialistically and having to move the family), its a lot more expensive in the UK.

i think a lot of things could be different in the US for the better, but I don't hate the US. in general i'm pretty indifferent to where i currently might be at any given point in time. i just try to make the best of it and try to get where i want to go.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:08 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,173,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Has anyone else noticed how many people declare their hatred for America but yet continue to live here? And, you know, I would not care if they hated America and were willing to do something to offer change, but they just complain and try to sell us on the attributes of other, more "socially evolved" countries.

This is really no different than marriages that go bad...if it is that bad, LEAVE and start over where the grass is greener.

Just wondering if others noticed this trend.

Can you give an example of these people who you say hate America?

Old 08-15-2008, 01:08 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,578,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
This is why I started the poll.

I wanted to see in numbers not well thought out answers who hates America % wise.

It turned out better than I thought.

I understand the want/need for change I just wanted to make sure everyone (mostly) that I debate with has the same goals.

Oh, you're just SOOOO clever, aren't you?

Old 08-15-2008, 02:28 AM

1,126 posts, read 2,695,018 times
Because they don't want to be victims of America's foreign policy lol

Old 08-15-2008, 03:20 AM

194 posts, read 325,975 times
These would be the lazy, self indulgent losers from the "boomer" generation who have tried for decades to bring this country to it's knees for some strange reason. They are just complainers and have never actually done anything with their lives so it is ok to ignore them. Their parents rolled over in their graves long ago.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:17 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,499,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Can you give an example of these people who you say hate America?
Examples abound. Don't let the fact that they are all imaginary boogeymen stand in the way of a full appreciation of the concept...

Old 08-15-2008, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstratt View Post
These would be the lazy, self indulgent losers from the "boomer" generation who have tried for decades to bring this country to it's knees...
There goes one of those boogeymen now...

Old 08-15-2008, 05:44 AM

Ah, more words form a great mind that would pass judgment upon people on the basis of the year in which they were born. There's a relevant standard, if ever I heard one.

The mirage of those who "hate America" is falsely created by those who need a satan to rail against, and in some cases, a foil to blame their own failures on. Maybe -- following the example of the boomers themselves -- some folks should simply grow up a little...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies