Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 06:28 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,786,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Now there you go again (not you personally, but liberals — though you said it).

Why had he "ought to be removed from the radio" for expressing his views? Is this not America? I must be mistaken. I thought it was.

See, this is exactly the point I was making in my former post: Liberals think only they should be allowed to express there liberal views on air; but, conservatives should sit down and shut up, and be removed from the air. Have you ever noticed how it's the liberals that are always shouting down conservative opinion on news segments where you have opposing opinions, and thereby making it impossible to hear what they are saying? So typical.

The reason liberals don't want the conservatives to be heard is because their arguments actually make sense, and they don't want people to here cogent arguments against the manure the left slings at us day in and day out.

Of course, you're argument is directed at Michael Savage (he is a little brutal at times ), but others like you want all of us to shut up, which is why they think the so-called "fairness doctrine" is a good idea. Wrong. Bad idea. It kills the exchange of ideas and open debate, allowing only one side to be heard; the politically correct view, and no one will risk putting on the air anything that could be viewed by some as "controversial" (something that is to be avoided at all costs, unfortunately).

And you would actually blame Savage for possibly encouraging someone to go on a rampage and kill someone? Please.

When some nut goes on a rampage, he alone is responsible. No one else.
Is isn't that he should not be on the radio but his radical views and the hate for others he spews should be put in check. Either somebody should present an opposing point of view or he should be told to tone it down. It is only a matter of time before one of his looney bin followers goes on a rampage. He all but says "you people need to go out and shoot_____". Funny to me is that he says he hates liberals but yet he spends most of his time directing his hate towards Bush, William Kristol and McCain.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:33 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,336,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
They trash it with their violation of the constitutional rights of Americans.
Give and example, please. What Constitutional rights have they violated?
Quote:
They trash it with their imperialistic wars.
What "imperialistic" wars?
Quote:
They trash it with their fundamentalist religious approach to government.
Huh??? Ahhhhh Most of our legal system, indeed our very government, is based on principles that come from the Bible, and Christian values. Are you telling me you didn't know that? Ever heard of John Locke? Puritans? These are people who's Christian world view helped shape America, our judicial system, and our government.
Quote:
Conservatives are the American Taliban
Now that is utterly ridiculous! Such nonsense! Upon what do you base such and outlandish statement? That is hardly even worthy of a response it is so nonsensical.

Quote:
All of the "conservative" presidents in my lifetime have. Big difference between the "talk" and the "walk"
Ronald Reagan was the only conservative president that we have had that I can remember. Has there been someone else?

Old 08-17-2008, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galivant View Post
Let's face it....we'll never agree with each other on every thing. We are all separate individuals. We are all different! Every single one of us has different ideas, beliefs and opinions! We all look different! WE ARE A MELTING POT! Isn't that great! This keeps daily life exciting to say the least! Would we want to live in a place where everyone thought and looked the same?
I think what is important is that we all have the constitutional right to be different. That is why America is great. Would you want to live in a country that was extremely liberal or extremely conservative? We should all strive for balance to deal with the really important issues that impact us all. Balance means some from the left and the right. Compromise, sensibility and forsight are paramount.
We all need food, clothing, shelter, security and a sense of community. We need to feel connected and part of a whole. Diversity with unity is needed in our cities and communities. Over the years many issues that fall into the realm of personal choice or religious nature have some how become political issues. I've seen many of these issues brought up in the posts I've read. They are best left as "agree to disagree." They are moral issues not governmental. When they are put into government they cause division. These issues have nothing to do with the bigger picture and they distract us from the bigger issues that we could probably solve collectively.

Tolerance starts with each one of us.

Unfortunately, I am not sure if we can collectively agree to disagree long enough to make the compromises needed to move our country forward.
That is a good post. To be honest, I do not wish to live in a country that is either but if I have to choose between one extreme or the other, I will choose extremely liberal over extremely conservative. But there are things about liberal countries I don't like. Canada is a liberal country. I like their health system but I do not like their gun bans and the fact that a serial killer will be paroled after 25 years (25 years is the most time you can get in Canada no matter the crime). On the other hand Hati is the best example of an extremely conservative country. A place where the top 10% live lives of luxury that rivals that of the wealthiest areas in the USA while 90% of the population lives in squalor and is controlled by religion. So the choice is easy.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:47 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,874,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Canada is a liberal country. I like their health system but I do not like their gun bans and the fact that a serial killer will be paroled after 25 years (25 years is the most time you can get in Canada no matter the crime).

On the other hand Hati is the best example of an extremely conservative country. A place where the top 10% live lives of luxury that rivals that of the wealthiest areas in the USA while 90% of the population lives in squalor and is controlled by religion. So the choice is easy.
Two things:

I used to live in Canada and although someone is eligible for parole after 25 years, they can and do serve life if the crime is bad enough. They don't just get out after 25 years.

Your use of Haiti is a horrible example of conservative for countless reasons [mod cut]

Last edited by katzenfreund; 08-18-2008 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: language!

Old 08-17-2008, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Two things:

I used to live in Canada and although someone is eligible for parole after 25 years, they can and do serve life if the crime is bad enough. They don't just get out after 25 years.

Your use of Haiti is a horrible example of conservative for countless reasons
Well then you need to send a letter to CTV because they said that the most time the pig farmer serial killer could serve is 25 years. Maybe you are right and they are wrong. I don't know because I don't live there. We just get their TV stations on satellite.
Hati is the PRIME example of conservatisim at its best. Anything goes economics, no environmental regulations (if you want to dump toxic waste into the water, go right ahead!), no mimimum wage, no work safety and health regulations, no unions, no public school system, no public transportation system, no welfare, no food stamps and a population that cowers under the influence of religion (otherwise they would revolt). That is a conservative's dream!

Last edited by katzenfreund; 08-18-2008 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: part of the post you quoted was deleted

Old 08-17-2008, 07:20 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,874,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Well then you need to send a letter to CTV because they said that the most time the pig farmer serial killer could serve is 25 years. Maybe you are right and they are wrong. I don't know because I don't live there. We just get their TV stations on satellite.
Hati is the PRIME example of conservatisim at its best. Anything goes economics, no environmental regulations (if you want to dump toxic waste into the water, go right ahead!), no mimimum wage, no work safety and health regulations, no unions, no public school system, no public transportation system, no welfare, no food stamps and a population that cowers under the influence of religion (otherwise they would revolt). That is a conservative's dream!
You are ignorant of the free market, Haiti, voodoo, and the concept of rule of law.

I suggest you don't embarrass yourself further.

Old 08-17-2008, 08:03 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,288,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
You are ignorant of the free market, Haiti, voodoo, and the concept of rule of law.

I suggest you don't embarrass yourself further.
I could not agree more! KevK is TOTALLY clueless about Haiti and its background and culture (Voodoo) - What is going on there now has NOTHING whatsoever with "conservative" or "liberal" - it has to do with HAITI KevK -

Old 08-17-2008, 10:12 AM

1,385 posts, read 3,008,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Pro abortion but anti death penalty

Anti cigarette but support pot smoking

Hates America but refuses to leave

Hates racial profilling but loves affermative action

Michael Savage was right...liberalism is a mental disorder!
Oh geez.....not another slanderous thread.
Way to generalize there bub

Old 08-17-2008, 10:47 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,640,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
Oh geez.....not another slanderous thread.
Way to generalize there bub
Wel then, prove me wrong

Old 08-17-2008, 10:54 AM

1,025 posts, read 1,754,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Wel then, prove me wrong
I'm still waiting on a response from my last post to you, I'm really interested to hear your arguments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies