Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2008, 10:35 AM

1,229 posts, read 2,912,421 times

Advertisements

I forgot it's the unions fault...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 10:41 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamper5 View Post
I have to prove to you that a company wouldnt jump at a chance to knock payroll down by 90%....O.k go to china or india ...companies are doing it everyday my friend just not here!!!
You didn't just claim that they want to reduce payroll costs, you claimed that they would break the law to do it. That's what you have to prove. You leveled the accusation AND you stated that:
Quote:
I know alot [of companies] that would ...
Quote:
... hire illegal aliens for 3 bucks a day with no bennies and unsafe working conditions
You stated unequivocally that you KNEW "alot" (sic) of companies that would do that. I just want you to name them. If they would do that, then I want to make sure that I don't give them any of my business.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
American Teamsters seem to be the only ones keeping out truck drivers form our neighbor Mexico (supported by the bush administration). If the Mexican truck drivers are allowed in, it will mean American jobs. For all you angry people who feel Americans have a right to work (from a few posts ago), you should be supporting the Teamsters Union.
I support any organization that promotes fair, safe working conditions that pays better then welfare with retirement and health insurance to american citizens who pay taxes...period!! it just so happens that most are union, in the trades.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
You didn't just claim that they want to reduce payroll costs, you claimed that they would break the law to do it. That's what you have to prove. You leveled the accusation AND you stated that:

You stated unequivocally that you KNEW "alot" (sic) of companies that would do that. I just want you to name them. If they would do that, then I want to make sure that I don't give them any of my business.
I stand corrected...they found a way around the law and its called NAFTA..

Old 09-05-2008, 10:50 AM

I'm going to lunch...I'll fight with ya later!

Old 09-05-2008, 10:55 AM

Quote:
I stand corrected...they found a way around the law and its called NAFTA..
So you're not going to name these companies that you KNOW would do this. I guess it stands to reason that you're not going to provide any proof, either.

You're just another "me first" union supporter that's not able to back up their arguments with any of those pesky facts, then. Go ahead and put me on your ignore list, just like sberdrow did when he backed himself into a corner. I won't relent, and you're obviously not able to back up your claims, so you may as well just give up now.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:24 AM

Dude ,do you read the paper?i'll say it again we lost all american jobs to third world countries ..fact..you choose to claim its all the unions fault. When it is indeed corporate greed at 3 bucks a day...period!! I will look up all the companies if you like but it will take me a month to list all #1 I am right a company will jump at the chance to kill american jobs at 3 bucks a day #2 it is not the unions fault #3 I am right ,you are wrong....goodbye

Old 09-05-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
we lost all american jobs to third world countries ..fact..you choose to claim its all the unions fault.
Another person putting words in my mouth...

Sigh... I feel like a broken record here - quote my post where I said that.

Quote:
I will look up all the companies if you like but it will take me a month to list all
You don't need to list all - just "alot" (sic), which is what you claimed.

Quote:
#1 I am right a company will jump at the chance to kill american jobs at 3 bucks a day
Generalization, and mostly false.

Quote:
#2 it is not the unions fault
Huh? What isn't? What the hell are you talking about?!

Quote:
#3 I am right ,you are wrong....goodbye
Like I said, you're entitled to your opinion. Your opinion is just as right as mine. That's why I use FACTS to support my opinion. You've been posting a lot, but IIRC, you haven't posted a single FACT. That's all I'm asking for.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:40 AM

adc,aetna,a.edwards,a.i.g,alcoa,a.o smith,apple,avaya,ashland,AMD,allstate,american standard, those are just some of the companies that start with ''A''....Go to exporting america from CNN and you can find thousands of companies that screwed america....I win swagger...give up!

Old 09-05-2008, 11:41 AM

you gave no facts swagger!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies