Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 08:56 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,183,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
What country was Barry born in?
Hawaii.

That's all folks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 09:01 AM

2,137 posts, read 3,859,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
Hawaii.

That's all folks!
This kind of "proof" is why the questions keep being asked.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:01 AM

2,779 posts, read 7,523,528 times
What will you do after the election?

Old 08-26-2008, 09:02 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Well, I don't think this line of questioning is desperate. These are questions about his eligibility to be POTUS. The voters get to ask these kind of questions and deserve answers. These are not complicated questions and there are black and white answers. Just like the OP, I have had trouble getting straight answers to the following:

What country did Stanley Ann Dunham have citizenship with at the time of Barry's birth?

I remember something coming in from the Barry camp a few days ago about his birth certificate, but didn't really read the threads. Did he finally show a copy of a Hawaiian Birth Cirtificate...not just the live birth thing they had at the Dailykos.

If I get a straight answer, I'll surely be satisfied. If it's more tap dancing around the topic and obfuscation, I'll keep looking for the truth.
The "Certificate of Live Birth" is what the State calls a "Birth Certificate" in Hawaii.

HI has confirmed that it is a legitimate birth certificate. To think otherwise would incidate a VAST conspiracy spanning many years between Obama, the State of HI, the State of IL, and the US Government.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:06 AM

181 posts, read 607,583 times
Seriously, why can't people look stuff up on Snopes, Wiki, or even a the website of a reputable newspaper before posting garbage? Do you also forward chain emails about girls kidnapped from Walmart parking lots, and tape recordings of crying babies on doorsteps to lure women out to rape them? Oh, have you heard about how Target fires military reservists when they are called to active duty in Iraq? Target is a French company, after all.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:09 AM

2,779 posts, read 7,523,528 times
Looking up facts would interfere with posting garbage, which is clearly the objective. How one could spend so much time looking into a candidates background and yet garner so little about policy issues is the real mystery. If McCain could type....

Old 08-26-2008, 09:11 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
Quote:
Well, I don't think this line of questioning is desperate. These are questions about his eligibility to be POTUS. The voters get to ask these kind of questions and deserve answers. These are not complicated questions and there are black and white answers. Just like the OP, I have had trouble getting straight answers to the following:

What country did Stanley Ann Dunham have citizenship with at the time of Barry's birth?

I remember something coming in from the Barry camp a few days ago about his birth certificate, but didn't really read the threads. Did he finally show a copy of a Hawaiian Birth Cirtificate...not just the live birth thing they had at the Dailykos.

If I get a straight answer, I'll surely be satisfied. If it's more tap dancing around the topic and obfuscation, I'll keep looking for the truth.
Well, this says it all. When they presented proof you didn't bother to read it but instead keep bleeting "prove it, prove it."

Old 08-26-2008, 09:11 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,183,298 times
Quote:
This kind of "proof" is why the questions keep being asked.
I didn't offer this as proof.

It's already been proven!

Old 08-26-2008, 09:13 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
I cannot find out if Barrys mom was a US citizen when Barry was born, some reports state that she gave up her US citizenship when she moved and never gained her US citizenship back when she came back to America.
I think you're confused on the issues and the facts.

The law at the time of his birth stated:

Quote:
"(7) a person born outside the geographical limits of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is an alien, and the other a citizen of the United States, who prior to the birth of such person, was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than ten years, at least five of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years.
Indonesia is "outside the geographical limits of the Unites and its outlying possessions."

In order for his mother to be a US citizen, she had to live in the US for a period of 5 years after age 14, even though she was born in the US.

This is an excellent example of a "Red Menace" law. It was thought that impressionable adolescents would be turned into RedCommiebots if they weren't in the US watching the beautifully written and directed "Duck & Cover" commercials for at least 5 years.

The claim made is that his mother left the US before she reached the age of 19 to conduct field work in Indonesia. A competing claims is that she left to visit Kenya with her husband and meet his family.

If either claim proves to be true, then she effectively lost her citizenship and Obama is not a US citizen.

Also in effect at that time was:

Quote:
(b) Any person who is a national and citizen of the United States at birth under paragraph (7) of subsection (a), shall lose his nationality and citizenship unless he shall come to the United States prior to attaining the age of twenty-three years and shall immediately following any such coming be continuously physically present in the United State(s) for at least five years: Provided, That such physical presence follows the attainment of the age of fourteen years and precedes the age of twenty-eight years.
We know that he returned to Hawaii to live with his maternal grandparents at about age 14, probably to specifically comply with the law.

In 1986, the law was changed to require only two years in the US after age 14.

However, the law does not apply retroactively.

In 1994 the law was changed again so that if either a parent or grandparent was in the US for at least 2 years after age 14, you're a citizen if born outside the US.

Yet again, the law does not apply retroactively.

The issue comes down to when did she leave the US, before or after she turned 19 years old?

There's no evidence she ever surrendered her citizenship, or that she even intended to do so. She was in Indonesia for a legitimate reason, conducting field research. It is not uncommon for ethnographers to live in a country and do field work for 7-12 years at a time.

The fact that she was allowed unimpeded re-entry to the US suggests she never surrendered her citizenship or intended to do so, but then Lee Harvey Oswald re-entered unimpeded too.

US Supreme Court case law places the burden of proof on the accuser. The standard is a preponderance of the evidence. I don't think anyone could prove by a preponderance of evidence that she intended to relinquish her US citizenship.

It would take an extraordinary amount of evidence, essentially a "smoking gun" document to convince the trier of facts she intended to do that.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:16 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Well, this says it all. When they presented proof you didn't bother to read it but instead keep bleeting "prove it, prove it."
Acutally she posted in that thread and said she would stop talking about it and if it was a hard copy (which the new pictures showed), she'd take it as truth.

//www.city-data.com/forum/4952940-post31.html
Quote:
I'll get off the BC for now. If he provided a legitimate hard copy that is proof. I honestly don't know why he didn't do it months ago, but he was not obligated...so it was his choice to let the rumours fester on the internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies