Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 07:29 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
If this in all it's complexity (adoption, new citizenship, new name, dual cititzen ship as it pertains to the rules/regs of being POTUS, etc.) is so very clear to you pls address all those issues re: Barry.
Hmm, what issues are you talking about? And his name is I do believe Barack, you got that memo right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Really? I wasn't aware that temporarily relocating to another country meant you renounced your citizenship, and that this would also affect your child.

Please show me the US Naturalization law that states that if you leave the country for work, you renounce your citizenship.

If you are claiming that his mother officially renounced her citizenship, please provide me with a reputable link stating so. You see, you have to file paperwork to do that, and there would be a paper trail.
They can't show you, that's the problem. Hey kids, hows about you call up the White House & directly ask them what the rules are regarding citizenship for being president. I'll wait...

Old 08-26-2008, 07:31 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
By the way, I do believe the U.S. allows dual citizenship. And what is confusing about his birthright? You're born in america, you're an american, regardless of your mothers citizenship. Not that hard to comprehend.
To run for our Presidency you have to met different criteria then just be a citizen.

It has not been 100% proven he was born here and his mom did have have dual citizenship, she gave up her citizenship because she hated America and wanted to leave. Humm, the apple didn't fall far from the tree did it.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
They are "allowed" to post just as you are. It's so unfair that you who know all that is true and good aren't the only ones allowed to speak in this country. Now I know why Michelle thinks this is a mean country! "They" let people, even those not as smart and evolved as the Obamas speak freely! Oh, dear.
Of course "they're" "allowed" to post. The problem is when you get people posting complete fabricated things. Or how about editing a quote to justify your own purpose? There in lies the problem.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:32 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Upon further research, it appears that even IF his mother had someone made Barack an Indonesian citizen, he would have dual-citizenship until he was an adult, when he would then choose.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
To run for our Presidency you have to met different criteria then just be a citizen.

It has not been 100% proven he was born here and his mom did have have dual citizenship, she gave up her citizenship because she hated America and wanted to leave. Humm, the apple didn't fall far from the tree did it.
Where is your proof? I'll keep asking until you provide it. You've shown nothing to indicate the fact that she gave up her citizenship (even though it would not matter).

You will also find on the link below, the process to renounce your citizenship. It is a long and involved process that would certainly leave a record of her doing so.

Renunciation of U.S. Citizenship
F. RENUNCIATION FOR MINOR CHILDREN

Parents cannot renounce U.S. citizenship on behalf of their minor children. Before an oath of renunciation will be administered under Section 349(a)(5) of the INA, a person under the age of eighteen must convince a U.S. diplomatic or consular officer that he/she fully understands the nature and consequences of the oath of renunciation, is not subject to duress or undue influence, and is voluntarily seeking to renounce his/her U.S. citizenship.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:33 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Hmm, what issues are you talking about? And his name is I do believe Barack, you got that memo right?
His name is Barry, he was embarrassed of his name and changed it to Barry.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:34 PM

Quote:
His name is Barry, he was embarrassed of his name and changed it to Barry.
Really? Is that why he himself & everyone else refer to him as Barack? Good lord, you really are a useless troll. Go find some newts & beetles to eat.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:39 PM

Hey Sunshine, did you see my post? Apparantely even if she did renounce her citizenship, it wouldn't apply to her son unless he did as well once he was an adult.

So I guess it's a moot point, right!

Old 08-27-2008, 09:57 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,489 times
Quote:
His mom was not a US citizen at the time of his birth therefore he is not a natural born US citizen according to the laws on the books as required to be a US President.

I say a lot about John McCain, you just pass over it and start your personal attacks.

No matter what anyone says, his birth cert was proven as a fake and his mom was not a US citizen.
.................................................. ..........................................
...<she says, stamping her feet, plugging her ears, closing her eyes>

HAHAhaha what "laws on the books" are you referring to? Are they homemade with construction paper and crayons? This is laughable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies