Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 02:22 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,395,454 times

Advertisements

It has always been my experience that the Republican party is the party for the racially insensitive. So I'd like to get the perspective of blacks who have chosen to be Republicans. How did you become a Republican, what turned you off to Democrats? What say you about my racial insenstivity observation?

Thanks for your insights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 02:36 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,718,269 times
Why should people put race above any other issue? Isn't it possible to be human before being a certain race?

Old 09-04-2008, 03:32 PM

83 posts, read 218,366 times
Stupid is the person who joins a party because of race. That is why the Dems are so set on taxing the rich to take care of the stupid. That is why the stupid flocks to the left. How many are black? I don’t know but stupid is the cause and answer. I don't need any stinking free handouts and I don't steel it from you. Why do I need to support you or any other fruitcake group.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:39 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Yeah. It makes no sense to be Democrat just because you are black or hispanic or gay. Unless that is the most defining characteristic in your life and you feel that the Dems really play to that.

Minorities that come to this country and get good jobs and make money are usually Republican...I think Seabee is on the right track with that sentiment (however oddly expressed).

Old 09-04-2008, 03:44 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,354,165 times
Steel is an alloy consisting mostly of iron, with a carbon content between 0.2 and 2.04% by weight, depending on grade. (Steel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Steal:Pronunciation: \ˈstēl\ Function: verb Inflected Form(s): stole \ˈstōl\; sto·len \ˈstō-lən\; steal·ing Etymology: Middle English stelen, from Old English stelan; akin to Old High German stelan to steal Date: before 12th century intransitive verb1: to take the property of another wrongfully and especially as a habitual or regular practice2: to come or go secretly, unobtrusively, gradually, or unexpectedly3: to steal or attempt to steal a basetransitive verb1 a: to take or appropriate without right or leave and with intent to keep or make use of wrongfully <stole a car> b: to take away by force or unjust means <they've stolen our liberty> c: to take surreptitiously or without permission <steal a kiss> d: to appropriate to oneself or beyond one's proper share : make oneself the focus of <steal the show>2 a: to move, convey, or introduce secretly : smuggle b: to accomplish in a concealed or unobserved manner <steal a visit>3 a: to seize, gain, or win by trickery, skill, or daring <a basketball player adept at stealing the ball> <stole the election> bof a base runner : to reach (a base) safely solely by running and usually catching the opposing team off guard (steal - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary)

Stupid is as stupid does.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:55 PM

83 posts, read 218,366 times
Is that all you have? sad.
I just checked 4 post of yours. I found misspelled words on every post should I start posting links to them? Stupid .

Here is just one //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ml#post5128236 Have have? what about apointees ? wrong. appointees in case you wish to change your post.

Last edited by Seabee; 09-04-2008 at 04:05 PM..

Old 09-04-2008, 04:07 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,022,277 times
Some blacks are quite well off, and live in the ****ry club districts, and the only poor people they know are the ones they hire to cut their grass. They vote for the party that promises to reduce their taxes and make some future generation pay fhe bill after they're gone. Rich blacks are just as greedy and short-sighted as rich whites. You can find them in the republican party.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:05 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,774,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
It has always been my experience that the Republican party is the party for the racially insensitive. So I'd like to get the perspective of blacks who have chosen to be Republicans. How did you become a Republican, what turned you off to Democrats? What say you about my racial insenstivity observation?

Thanks for your insights.
Some Jews financed and aided Hitler. Some Americans helped our enemy in war time. There are always a few of them.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twojciac View Post
Why should people put race above any other issue? Isn't it possible to be human before being a certain race?
Well, this society has not historically or as a matter of course allowed this to be the case, correct?

Old 09-04-2008, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabee View Post
Stupid is the person who joins a party because of race. That is why the Dems are so set on taxing the rich to take care of the stupid. That is why the stupid flocks to the left. How many are black? I don’t know but stupid is the cause and answer. I don't need any stinking free handouts and I don't steel it from you. Why do I need to support you or any other fruitcake group.
Why assume that any person chooses a party based on race instead of commonality of ideology? The ideology of the Republican party hasn't been fair to black and other minorities for the very reasons you show here: assuming without knowing that people are "stupid" or that the "stupid" flock to the left or that "stupid is the cause and answer."

Quite a view you have there that certainly doesn't brand you as someone who is part of the solution. It also doesn't address the topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies