Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 05:28 PM

42,410 posts, read 87,261,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Isn't the censor software on here pathetic?
I tried to say "**** and span" here yesterday, which is also the brand name of a cleaning product.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 05:29 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,447,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabee View Post
Is that all you have? sad.
I just checked 4 post of yours. I found misspelled words on every post should I start posting links to them? Stupid .

Here is just one https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ml#post5128236 Have have? what about apointees ? wrong. appointees in case you wish to change your post.

Can we stay on topic please? I'd like to get the perspective of black Republicans.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:07 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,728,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Well, this society has not historically or as a matter of course allowed this to be the case, correct?
When you take a collectivist viewpoint, I suppose... but that's the crux of the problem. Start looking at people as individuals and stop this nonsense of having to group everyone to make meaningless statements.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:30 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,368,847 times
Quote:
Can we stay on topic please? I'd like to get the perspective of black Republicans.
The difference is I am not claiming the other side is stupid. My point is if one is going to act superior it really helps to be superior.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:33 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,368,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabee View Post
Is that all you have? sad.
I just checked 4 post of yours. I found misspelled words on every post should I start posting links to them? Stupid .

Here is just one https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ml#post5128236 Have have? what about apointees ? wrong. appointees in case you wish to change your post.
Speaking of sad, don't you have better things to do than proof-reading posts? Really hit a nerve, didn't I?

Old 09-04-2008, 06:33 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,460,413 times
Quote:
It has always been my experience that the Republican party is the party for the racially insensitive. So I'd like to get the perspective of blacks who have chosen to be Republicans. How did you become a Republican, what turned you off to Democrats? What say you about my racial insenstivity observation?

Thanks for your insights.

Really? Last time I checked, the Republican Party is the reason for a little ol' thing called ABOLITION. You know, the end of slavery?

Old 09-04-2008, 07:50 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,465,101 times
So few responders? Well, for me Condy and Clarence Thomas are black and republicans and I like them because they resemble my looks and ideas more than many "African-American" democrats.

I like the idea of cutting funding for certain social programs such as welfare and section 8 housing programs. I have seen the government waste tons of money and get in my lil ole entreprenurial way with their "regulations" I agree with reducing some government regulations for businesses and I support private healthcare.

I'm not particularly religious and zealots scare me, but I think abortion is wrong for me. My motto is "some people deserve to die" LOL so I can't say that murder is wrong in every case. I only know what is wrong for me personally. I support globalization, even though I know it will be bad for the group of immigrants who are here and consider themselves "real" Americans. More competition will create a more advanced world (maybe) and separate the wheat from the chaff and give everyone a chance. Obviously I think I'm wheat but I've been wrong before.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:59 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,628,811 times
Default "So few responders?

Because it's not that many here apparently. I used to vote Republican in the past. I voted for George Bush 41 for prez and George W. Bush for governor of Texas. I didn't pay much attention to politics back then because I always felt they were all the same. Of course now I'm all grown up and see the difference in the two parties.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:07 PM

59 posts, read 90,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Some blacks are quite well off, and live in the ****ry club districts, and the only poor people they know are the ones they hire to cut their grass. They vote for the party that promises to reduce their taxes and make some future generation pay fhe bill after they're gone. Rich blacks are just as greedy and short-sighted as rich whites. You can find them in the republican party.
So people who want to keep the money that they worked hard for (and therefore deserve) are greedy? The people who want to take that money from those that earned it aren't greedy? I think you've got it backwards...

As far as being short-sighted I think you've got that wrong too. Most people who are well off are that way because they are anything but short-sighted. They've worked their way through school, started their own business etc.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:16 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,465,101 times
Regardless of how I'm registered, I vote for the person I like the best. I did not vote for George Bush, but his tax policies really helped me. Wow, thanks George. I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose All of the other issues don't really affect me. Abortion, Gay marriage etc. I don't really care. I believe in live and let live, but I'm not in support personally of things I consider immoral.

I am against socialized healthcare; we can't afford it anyway. I support Peace, but I made my voice heard already about the war and I don't live in Iraq. While I like Arab and Persian culture, food and music, I'm also aware of the racism and stupidity over there, so taking sides with them in a dispute is not really at the top of my list of priorities.

I also love that Bushy supported the Immigration reform that congress failed so badly to implement. He also speaks Spanish, which I think is nice. I can almost forgive him for going to Yale. I really support a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants. I know illegals from Europe, Africa and of course Latin America. We should legalize them, if only to keep track of who's here. If they commit crimes etc, whe can always deport them, but it's difficult if we don't even know who's illegal and who's not. I also think that American needs more competition and fresh blood that will invigorate our immigrant nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies