Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 04:03 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times

Advertisements

Two thumbs up for Shepard Smith as well.

Old 09-07-2008, 04:58 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
Your local news at 6 probably covers quite a few fluff pieces. Do a survey yourself, and see if female reporters are being assigned to the fluff pieces.

The news media has changed. A generation ago, jobs in newsrooms went to bright people who had a solid eclectic background and a fundamental curiosity about a lot of fields, and could handle a tough assignment, but probably was a college drop out who got into news because he wanted to cut through the crap rather than take it.

Now, if you don't have a degree in a journalism, don't even apply. Most J-schools are populated very disproportionately by women, many of them going to college because it is the career alternative to watiress or nursing home, and if they're pretty enough, they picture themselves as an anchor bimbo. People who go into J-school are not very often the kinds of people who want to come out the other end as boat-rocking truth-tellers. And if they are, it gets beaten out of them in "Journalism and the Law 101".

It is very sad for me to watch the local news. So sad, I just don't do it anymore. Even watching the network news, I'm screaming questions at the interviewer, that he/she never asks, and would never think of in a million years.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:15 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Megan Kelly on Fox News.....WOW
And sharp as a tack to boot.
Yeah, she doesn't take any crap either.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:21 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,767,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee56 View Post
Every time I turn on FOXNEWS I can not get over how attractive the women are reporting the news. Where do they find these women? They have to be the sexist things I have ever seen. More attractive and sexy than the women in Playboy or Miss America.

But they are generally so pretty and blond and wearing so much makeup and so girly, that it had to believe anyone is taking them seriously and paying much attention to the political issue they are talking about. These are sex symbols not true Jornalists, aren't they?

(Please, lets not talk about the right ring slant of FOX just the FOXNEWS Gals)
Do you do anything but whine? Do you want some cheese with that?

They are as good if not better than katie couric, IMO. And it's joUrnalists, FYI. And I intentionally didn't capitalize katie couric.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:37 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,726,524 times
Quote:
Every time I turn on FOXNEWS I can not get over how attractive the women are reporting the news. Where do they find these women? They have to be the sexist things I have ever seen. More attractive and sexy than the women in Playboy or Miss America.

But they are generally so pretty and blond and wearing so much makeup and so girly, that it had to believe anyone is taking them seriously and paying much attention to the political issue they are talking about. These are sex symbols not true Jornalists, aren't they?

They are all Attorney's and smart and pretty.......So what? Some have brown hair or black.

Carrie

Old 09-07-2008, 06:18 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
The hottest Fox News anchor was Linda Vester. I used to watch Dayside just to see her. Notnhng calendar-girl about her, just a great looking woman. Also, she had a diploma from the Sorbonne, was a Fulbright scholar, and spoke fluent Farsi.

See for yourself and compare:

http://www.geocities.com/foxnewsmisc/pictures.html

Old 09-07-2008, 09:44 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,378,123 times
Quote:

The thing is, have you seen the crap we get from "true journalists"? That profession is a joke. It has one of the lowest approval ratings of any profession in America.

If I am going to get a bunch of BS on TV, I might as well get it from a pretty face with a hot body.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:51 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,341,599 times
Quote:

--------------

All the networks are like that or becoming that way not just Fox.
I would hate to be an unattractive woman with real talent who truly knew politics,etc not just read of tele-promt .

There is no room for unattractive women with real talent in society that is sad reality.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:55 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,341,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
They are all Attorney's and smart and pretty.......So what? Some have brown hair or black.

Carrie
-----------

You honestly think that is an unattractive woman who was smarter actually knew politics showed up for an interview in any major network .
She would be hired?

Those days are over .

Old 09-07-2008, 10:07 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,232,791 times
Fox has done a commendable job of hiring practicing attorneys for their 'newsreading' spots, including the lovely ladies, some with actual courtroom experience. On some of their daily programs they will have the ladies debate the issue of the day. CAT FIGHT ! ! ! They will also bring out Judge Andrew Napolitano, the network's senior judicial analyst, also a tenured judge in New Jersey's Superior Court, to offer opinion on passing events. I believe he is a Libertarian.

One of Fox's news readers is the former wife of SanFran Mayor Gavin 'whatshisname'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies