Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 04:01 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,922,810 times

Advertisements

Umm, the largest caribou heard in one part of Alaska has shown it can sustain itself naturally at about 182,000 caribou members, where it stays when the wolf population is controlled. Last time the pinkos got involved and stopped the wolf hunting, the caribou heard grew to decreased to 18,000 in a few years.

Wolf hunting is regulated, monitored and controlled. They control it to a proper balance of predators andf prey. It has worked for decades and is proven. There is no shortage of wolfs in Alasks, they are everywhere. One of them sits in my closet and makes for a very nice warm parka.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 04:03 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,777,005 times
Quote:
Hey, don't post a quote from me mixed in with anti-gay stuff. I have not bashed gays. I don't tolerate that stuff.
Nobody said that you did. Don't worry; I think that most people will realize that several different posters are being quoted.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:21 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,777,005 times
Quote:
Umm, the largest caribou heard in one part of Alaska has shown it can sustain itself naturally at about 182,000 caribou members, where it stays when the wolf population is controlled. Last time the pinkos got involved and stopped the wolf hunting, the caribou heard grew to decreased to 18,000 in a few years.
I'm not sure which "heard" you are talking about, but this herd has declined quite substantially recently:

Alaska's largest caribou herd falls by 20 percent - Juneau Empire

I don't believe that pinko involvement had anything to do with this.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:34 PM

18,359 posts, read 26,518,556 times
Quote:
Lots of people seem to think that because they live in such a rural environment, their pets can have fairly free reign.
Down here the fisher cats teach cat owners now and then not to let their cats roam in the countryside. Still, animals that aren't hunted at all do lose their fear of people eventually (feeding them will do about the same). That could be dangerous.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:35 PM

118 posts, read 146,590 times
Do we not thin the herd of bison...whats the difference?

Old 10-02-2008, 04:35 PM

267 posts, read 723,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franman66 View Post
SMD

Why not address the topic people are talking about? I am a democrat, and I support hunting and hunters. Shooting wolves from helicopters for a bounty? That's not hunting. Do you think that's hunting? If so, you can come over my house and shoot the goldfish I have swimming around in the tank. I'll give you a $5 bounty if come and shoot my goldfish, but you have to cut one of eyes out for proof. And what's the obsession with gays? This lifestyle must really intrigue you because we were talking about hunting wolves. Make a logical case for it if you want to, like tell us that all the wolves that she wants shot are actually gay wolves, or perhaps bisexual wolves. If that is, in fact the case, then yes, of course they should be shot, and all of their paws should be cut off. A study at Liberty University showed that gay wolves tend to raise little gay wolves. And for the record, no I do not think that two gay wolves should be able to marry. Gay wolf marraige is not in GOD's plan for us! I think its totally sick. Gay wolves deserve to die! Vote McCain/Palin 08!!
sorry franman i don't want another bush in office... mccain
wants to keep our troops over in iraq for 100 yrs.. or longer

mccain has a temper he wants to go to war with iran

Old 10-02-2008, 04:40 PM

who ever posted this There is no reason to hunt. You can buy food

if the cavemen & native american didn't hunt they woulda starved... you must be a tree hugger

i'm a democrate i hunt not to say hey look at this monster buck i shot

people thinks obama will take away our gun rights... congress won't let him

lik they wouldn't let bush privitiaze social security

Old 10-02-2008, 04:42 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,889,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
Sarah Palin, predator control, shooting wolves | Salon

Ahh. Sarah Palin. What a wonderful loving women she is in how she is justifying the killing of wolves. Her "moose" excuse is a lie which was proven by a guest from the Rachael Maddow show and this article is a must read for all who want to know where Sarah Palin's heart is. It clearly belongs in the snow of Alaska . Below is a little clip of the article on what length she will go to get these wolves killed. You decide.....

Palin offered the $150 bounty for wolf paws in 2007 after efforts to kill wolves from airplanes that season were, in her view, coming up short. State officials had hoped that 382 to 664 wolves would be killed during that predator-control season. State officials were disappointed when only 115 wolves were killed from the air.

Your post shows how very little you know about Alaska...

It is an established fact (by actual aerial survey count by ADFG) that there are too few moose, and too many wolves, in certain parts of Alaska. That's why they instituted this predator control program. You, and all the other greenie bunny-huggers meddling in Alaska's affairs will help insure that more moose calves get slaughtered to excess by wolves. And when the moose finally get nearly wiped out, you help insure that all those wolves get to starve to death, starting with the young pups and aged. Oh....just before they starve....they like to come into the villages and kill pet dogs for food....since there is little else to eat....
Nice going Einstein...

Bud

Old 10-02-2008, 06:31 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,740,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
Sarah Palin, predator control, shooting wolves | Salon

Ahh. Sarah Palin. What a wonderful loving women she is in how she is justifying the killing of wolves. Her "moose" excuse is a lie which was proven by a guest from the Rachael Maddow show and this article is a must read for all who want to know where Sarah Palin's heart is. It clearly belongs in the snow of Alaska . Below is a little clip of the article on what length she will go to get these wolves killed. You decide.....

Palin offered the $150 bounty for wolf paws in 2007 after efforts to kill wolves from airplanes that season were, in her view, coming up short. State officials had hoped that 382 to 664 wolves would be killed during that predator-control season. State officials were disappointed when only 115 wolves were killed from the air.
God, isnt there a kinder, gentler Sarah Palin? - uh, no

Old 10-03-2008, 07:02 AM

anyone who thinks there is needs their head examined
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies