Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of Muslims?
I don't like any organized religion. 14 13.33%
Muslims are all different, just like any other group of people. 65 61.90%
Most muslims are very extreme and anti-American. 20 19.05%
All Muslims are terrorists. 6 5.71%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 07:48 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,350,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Arab View Post
I believe he was referring to this:Muslim outrage at police advert featuring cute puppy sitting in policeman's hat | Mail Online

This BS will be coming to American pretty soon.

And here is another article where the Muslims are saying that they were not offended, it appears that one statement from a councillor might have been blown out of proportion.....

Puppy Ad No Offense: Scottish Muslims - IslamOnline.net - News (http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1213871499745&pagename=Z one-English-News/NWELayout - broken link)

This BS is already here, my friend. The media has been blowing things out of proportion and getting people in an uproar for a long time.............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 07:51 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,350,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Sorry about my wording. I didn't mean to say that she should be Muslim if her father is from Lebanon, or that he is. What I really meant to say was that having an "Arabic-sounding" name, being from that part of the world, or having a parent who is, doesn't make one Islamic.

Exactly. We all know that Lebanon has a lot of Christians too

The point is the name being of Arabic origin.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:18 PM

532 posts, read 908,843 times
We may as well just call this whole thing Crusades part II and get it over with.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:36 PM

500 posts, read 703,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
And here is another article where the Muslims are saying that they were not offended, it appears that one statement from a councillor might have been blown out of proportion.....

Puppy Ad No Offense: Scottish Muslims - IslamOnline.net - News (http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1213871499745&pagename=Z one-English-News/NWELayout - broken link)

This BS is already here, my friend. The media has been blowing things out of proportion and getting people in an uproar for a long time.............
Do you by any chance have another link that is non Muslim site? If so, please post the link so I can read it, thanks.
I'm not in a hurry, I'm leaving on a trip, and I shall return next week.

Old 09-20-2008, 10:39 AM

257 posts, read 1,058,496 times
My question is, are people really referring to Muslims as in followers of the religion of Islam? Or is "Muslim" being used as a code word for "Arab" or "Middle-Eastern?" I feel that people tend to use the two interchangeably to appear that they are not pinpointing a particular race or ethnic group.

Old 09-20-2008, 10:47 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,495,153 times
I have no problems with muslims, but i do have a problem with non-muslims converting to islam if they marry a muslim woman.

Old 09-20-2008, 02:14 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,640,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrown17 View Post
My question is, are people really referring to Muslims as in followers of the religion of Islam? Or is "Muslim" being used as a code word for "Arab" or "Middle-Eastern?" I feel that people tend to use the two interchangeably to appear that they are not pinpointing a particular race or ethnic group.

Two important terms to distinguish are Islamic and Islamism/Islamist. The former being of the culture and religion. The latter being used now to mean the political and fundamentalist arm of Islam. It isn't so much about race or ethnicity as it is about a very radical ideology. And gaining momentum because a world gone mad with the doctrine of multiculturalism is allowed to flourish. All the while the "progressive" seculars pretend to disavow religion with a vengeance. Irony so bittersweet....

Last edited by lilypad; 09-20-2008 at 02:37 PM..

Old 02-23-2012, 02:24 PM

1 posts, read 359 times
First of all I do respect your opinions because I know that all of took a bad vision on us since 9/11 however you do not have a right to say something that may hurt the others's feelings
Well we muslims are not like you think at all; we are peaceful and our religion doesn't allow us to kill or to cheat or do anything bad, in short we are not terrosrists
To every woman hates Islam
do you know that Islam is the first religion that gave the woman her right in the life
Do you know that Quran contains many realities that scientists just knew about event it existed many centuries ago ...
So Please ,do not judge people before you get to know them
From A Muslim

Old 02-23-2012, 02:44 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,495,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastlady View Post
I'm curious what your general opinion of Muslims is. When people say they think Obama is a secret Muslim, what does that mean to you exactly?
I work with Muslims and live in a community where many people are Islamists. I have a good opinion of those I interact with. People who say what you say they say about the President are persons who are untruthful, promote hatred and prejudice and we should shine a spotlight on them and ask them to leave our communities, workplaces, web forums, etc.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:44 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastlady View Post
I'm curious what your general opinion of Muslims is. When people say they think Obama is a secret Muslim, what does that mean to you exactly?

I never met one I didn't like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies