Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 11:43 AM

566 posts, read 2,059,889 times

Advertisements

Ok everyone...Miami is sending back illegal immigration.
Even last year, law enforcement went around putting pieces together & looking for grafitti on walls, tatoo's, any tips & tracking down the violent/ sicko "Mara Salvatrucha" gangs... & yes deporting them back to their native homes. So, gangs beware...cause you never know who that little ole' lady walking by in Miami can be . Even illegal women whom think they can give birth here & give them a license to stay, better think again. They are being sent back along w/husband & even children - they can take the kids w/them or leave them behind with legal familly. They are being given a 30 day notice to wrap things up & it's "bye, bye ..!"

Report is in today's Miami Herald...
Type in search box:
Raids renew fears among immigrants
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2007, 11:52 AM

942 posts, read 2,584,658 times
Well, although this is a touchy subject, I hate to say it; but it's about time. I really think that it is getting out of control. I am also seeing more gang graffiti. I was also seeing on tv a reporter ( I think it was Oscar Haza show) that was interviewing an attorney for got her name, that it is being talked about taking away "la ley de justa Cubana". I imagine that the US is getting ready for any mass exodus when Castro dies.

Old 02-08-2007, 12:48 PM

You know on the Mara's (not the other illegals), I thought I was going to faint when I saw one. He looked like the devil from the exorcist movie - never saw such a thing. With all these horrible tatoo's, walking aroung like a ganster, etc. Looked almost well... inhuman. I know about 2 yrs ago, they were asking the public to call in to the local police or the tip hotline if they saw certain grafitti, tatoo's etc. I know our Gables police was tracking grafitti's on walls, street signs, anywhere. They were like hound dogs.
Yeah...I'm sure this might be part of the stepped up security going on in case of any mass exodus. Plus, I'm almost sure that wet/dry foot thing is going to go out the window.

Old 02-08-2007, 01:04 PM

603 posts, read 1,996,483 times
While I absolutely want these men deported from this country, this is much more complicated than it seems. Many men that were deported over the years belonging to gangs such as MS-13, have been taking over Central America after being hardened on the streets here in America and bringing it back to their home countries. Then, within weeks, they're back in the US through illegal routes. It still comes down to the border and getting it secured, or we will continue to be terrorized by these ruthless killers.

I know a mormon kid that I worked with that was attacked in Guatemala by a mechete wielding gangsters (American deportees) while he was on a mission there. They already control the prisons in North and Central America, so I guess we should just put them on fast-track death row so we can solve this problem, cause it won't be going away anytime soon without some sort of action. But, that is a discussion for another thread I suppose.

Old 02-08-2007, 03:43 PM

You have a good point & it is complicated. I haven't been to Guatemala like in 13 yrs. & have laid back from L.America - seems too unstable. It's true the people in L. America are saying that we are breeding this element here and sending them back as criminal's & the innocent people in those countries are scared stiff. Your idea will certainly nip it in the bud. Though, knowing our system if they remain here they'll probably sit in our jails for long periods of time, drain our taxes, before justice is served.
I saw some scary El Salvador photos in the spanish paper last yr. & they were all clumped together in a jail cell. I wonder when they are finally caught/jailed in their countries, if they are such buddies in such cramped dirty cells (and no a/c, nice foods or any rights)....or if they get all frustrated, do their criminal animalistic thing, act up & do themselves in "one by one..??" You know, like nature taking it's course sort of thing. I don't know...maybe, send them straight from our jails directly to their jails over & over & hope they do themselves in eventually.
And yes, more border patrol is definitely needed.

Last edited by lulu; 02-08-2007 at 04:13 PM..

Old 02-08-2007, 05:38 PM

Okay, I just read something that is quite relevant to this point I was making. Specifically referring to sending these gang members back. It came from an article today discussing how the mayor of LA is calling for international efforts to help with the gang violence.

Some Central American officials have expressed concern about US methods of deporting gang members to countries where local authorities are unable to arrest them because they have committed no crime in their country of origin.

Of the 120 people arrested in a recent anti-gang raid in El Salvador, 40 had been deported from the US at least once, the country’s police chief Rodrigo Avila-Aviles said.

Old 02-09-2007, 07:39 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,220,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdizzle View Post
Okay, I just read something that is quite relevant to this point I was making. Specifically referring to sending these gang members back. It came from an article today discussing how the mayor of LA is calling for international efforts to help with the gang violence.

Some Central American officials have expressed concern about US methods of deporting gang members to countries where local authorities are unable to arrest them because they have committed no crime in their country of origin.

Of the 120 people arrested in a recent anti-gang raid in El Salvador, 40 had been deported from the US at least once, the country’s police chief Rodrigo Avila-Aviles said.
I wonder if we couldn't take them to trial here and once convicted, have an agreement with their country of original to jail them there. The cost would be considerably less, the conditions not as good and, as we would be footing the bill, it would provide the country with a source of income.

Before I hear it- yes, I know, we don't want to or shouldn't have to pay for them- I get it! But until we get a magic wand to make them disappear off the planet, we will be paying in some way or other. I'm just thinking that this may be a way to accomplish our goal of decreasing some gang activity and the havoc it causes in our country. Instead of building resentment from other countries because we just send them back, we'd be working together to address the problem.

Old 02-09-2007, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereinfla View Post
I wonder if we couldn't take them to trial here and once convicted, have an agreement with their country of original to jail them there. The cost would be considerably less, the conditions not as good and, as we would be footing the bill, it would provide the country with a source of income.

Before I hear it- yes, I know, we don't want to or shouldn't have to pay for them- I get it! But until we get a magic wand to make them disappear off the planet, we will be paying in some way or other. I'm just thinking that this may be a way to accomplish our goal of decreasing some gang activity and the havoc it causes in our country. Instead of building resentment from other countries because we just send them back, we'd be working together to address the problem.
Yes, it probably would be a better idea, cause we'll be paying for it one way or another. But, these guys really don't mind going to prison either, because they control the prisons from Central America all the way up to the American southwest. This is what I meant about fast track execution, cause this grip that gangs like MS-13 and the Mexican Mafia have on our prisons and the prisons of Latin America is very frightening.

Old 06-11-2007, 08:11 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,089,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu View Post
Ok everyone...Miami is sending back illegal immigration.
Even last year, law enforcement went around putting pieces together & looking for grafitti on walls, tatoo's, any tips & tracking down the violent/ sicko "Mara Salvatrucha" gangs... & yes deporting them back to their native homes. So, gangs beware...cause you never know who that little ole' lady walking by in Miami can be . Even illegal women whom think they can give birth here & give them a license to stay, better think again. They are being sent back along w/husband & even children - they can take the kids w/them or leave them behind with legal familly. They are being given a 30 day notice to wrap things up & it's "bye, bye ..!"

Report is in today's Miami Herald...
Type in search box:
Raids renew fears among immigrants
It's good families are going home together. Being set free with 30 day notice
means many will dissapear.

Old 06-11-2007, 08:17 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,089,670 times
That Ms13 gang is from El Salvador and now all across America and So. America. Since the last amnesty So. Ca. and other states have had a massive increase in gangs/drug smuggling and violence. Send them all back to So. American countries they came from and close our border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies