Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 01:28 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,176,725 times

Advertisements

I've got to ask everyone...

Once Cheney dies and he meets up with Saddam in *that place* (because you know darn well that's where they are both going) -- What will they talk about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2007, 10:23 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,500 times
Not only should he be impeached he should be put on trial for masterminding this unnecessary war.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:33 PM

Valerie Plame was part of a dummy corporation that monitered the trafficking of heavy water equipment and raw nuclear materials.
Because of her outing there is no more corporation and now Iran has the materials.
Now we may have to open the draft and go to war with Iran.
Dick Cheney was responsible.
Do we have proof? No, his cronies protect him.
Impeach & bring him up on charges!!

Old 08-15-2007, 10:40 PM

522 posts, read 1,794,758 times
THIS is what the lefties are worried about nowadays? It has come to this? Does anyone worry about actually getting things done in our government any more, or is it all just a big fun game of "he said, she said"? You think Dick Cheany ought to be impeached because he is a big mean nasty criminal undeserving of making critical decisions for our government...such a horrible man that he should be fired from his job despite years and years of dedicated service to his country. Or is it because he is conservative and you don't like what he stands for? I don't give a rat's caboose whether Dick Cheaney is at his desk tomorrow or not...it doesn't solve anything one way or another. We ought to put politics aside and concentrate on forcing our government to actually do something once in a while. Here's a novel idea...maybe they should legislate!! Concentrating on whether or not Dick Cheaney should have a job is NOT why I elected my Congressmen. If one more dollar of my taxes goes to funding an investigation I am going to vomit. This is not why we have government people!

Old 08-15-2007, 10:46 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,077,816 times
hell no. he shouldn't be impeached.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:50 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,464,020 times
"despite years and years of dedicated service to his country"

I hope you're not serious. You should have said, "years of self-aggrandizing by feeding at the public trough." Did he ever have a job outside of government? He is a chicken-hawk, a draft avoider. Five times during the 1960s. (My favorite question to conservatives: Which the higher number, the number of Cheney draft deferments or the number of Cheney heart attacks?) His behavior shows that he believes he is above the law. Who knows what his role is in bringing about the flouting of the Geneva Convention regarding the detention of the "terrorists" at Gitmo. That will really help the treatment of captured American soldiers in the future. Cheney is basically out of control and has been for several years. He came of age professionally in the Nixon Administration, with Rumsfeld, and seems to follow that mold: power-driven paranoid cynic. He has thoroughly politicized the CIA, not a good idea. He has a "true believer" approach to politics, as did the Nazis. True belief was more important than the results of poorly framed decisions. It will take decades for the damage he has done to this country's international reputation to be repaired.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:53 PM

CaptionObvious no one has called you a rightwing neocon have they?
The question was "do you think Dick Cheney should be impeached?"
Nothing that man does or has done can be considered dedicated service to this country. Anything Cheney does is self motivated.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:46 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
She wasn't an analyst. She was covert.
She was "exposed" in 2003. To fit the defined status of covert meant that she had to be overseas in the previous 5 years. She was married in 1998. Was she covert as a newlywed that year? She had twins in Jan., 2000. Which means she was pregnant for most of 1999. Was she covert while she was pregnant? Was she covert after having twins? There is a big credibility disconnect wtih the personal facts. I would like to see the original employment records and not a "summary" of her employment constructed after the fact.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:50 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,464,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
She was "exposed" in 2003. To fit the defined status of covert meant that she had to be overseas in the previous 5 years.
Where are you getting this definition from?

On the other hand, see paragraphs 2 and 3 on PDF page 2 of this document ("On 1 January 2002, Valerie Wilson was working ..."):
http://thenexthurrah.typepad.com/the...o_exhibits.pdf

which I found referenced in footnote 3 here:
Valerie Plame - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by ParkTwain; 08-16-2007 at 01:10 AM..

Old 08-16-2007, 12:53 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Where are you getting this definition from?
From what I read when this whole thing started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies