Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 11:23 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,415,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
And you're an ignorant, judgemental piece of work. No big deal, that's just the way it is.
How does recognizing biological reality make me ignorant?

If you dont think you are a judgmental piece of work its because you are delusional. I freely admit I'm judgmental. You would too if you were concerned with the truth instead of how you could spin it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 12:01 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
How does recognizing biological reality make me ignorant?

If you dont think you are a judgmental piece of work its because you are delusional. I freely admit I'm judgmental. You would too if you were concerned with the truth instead of how you could spin it.
Yada yada, your "opinion" about homosexuality, and that's exactly what it is, opinion not truth, is nothing but the ramblings of a fearful person. Look in the mirror, that spin you like to mention is staring back at you.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:42 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,254,198 times
There is only one sin God hates to the point he will wipe out a civilization that embraces it. That sin is homosexuality. Look at what is going on in our country right now, only 3 months after California legalized gay marriage. The wrath of God is here, and America is going to pay dearly for this sin. No matter what MTV, psychiatrists, or anybody in our new age culture says, its NOT okay to be gay. Its a monstrous abomination against God almighty! He will tolerate it for a season, as he has since the sixties, but God is not mocked, and sin doesn't go unpunished.

Listen up, O America! Because thou hast done evil in the sight of the Lord thy God, his anger hath waxed hot against thee! Thy cities will become desolate and thy fields will become barren. Then you shall know that the Lord is GOD and shall cry to Him for deliverance.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:56 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,055,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
There is only one sin God hates to the point he will wipe out a civilization that embraces it. That sin is homosexuality. Look at what is going on in our country right now, only 3 months after California legalized gay marriage. The wrath of God is here, and America is going to pay dearly for this sin. No matter what MTV, psychiatrists, or anybody in our new age culture says, its NOT okay to be gay. Its a monstrous abomination against God almighty! He will tolerate it for a season, as he has since the sixties, but God is not mocked, and sin doesn't go unpunished.

Listen up, O America! Because thou hast done evil in the sight of the Lord thy God, his anger hath waxed hot against thee! Thy cities will become desolate and thy fields will become barren. Then you shall know that the Lord is GOD and shall cry to Him for deliverance.
Source please...can you quote specific chapter and verse on this...do you speak for God?

Old 09-26-2008, 05:07 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I disagree, bigotry an hatred are always personal choices.
A "dislike" and an "aversion" to homosexualtiy do not equate to "bigotry" and "hatred". You have read more into my statement than was in it. Dislikes and aversions are more instinctual than anything else.

As for "choice", the only time "choice" is in play is when parents, either purposely or negligently, instill bigotry and hatred into their children or else put their children into situations where they are exposed to it. Children have no defense against this kind of programming and have no "choices" to make. Later in life they may choose to discard bigotry and hate and and this is the only time "choice" has any connection to "bigotry" and "hate".

Old 09-26-2008, 05:11 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:

You made me laugh so hard I got tears. Thanks for the humorous fairystale!

Old 09-26-2008, 05:12 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Now that I have your attention I feel as if it's about time to have a non-religious-oriented discussion about as to why those in the LGBT community are still not regarded as social equals in our nation, even as science comes nearer and nearer to proving that people can't "choose" their sexual orientations. I attempted a thread similar to this one months ago along the lines of "Any Non-Religious Reasons to Disapprove of Same-Sex Marriage," but naturally the Evangelicals from the South had to bring GOD into their replies since they are apparently incapable of intelligent debate without using their religion as a crutch. As such I'd ask that if you are a right-wing conservative from the South who can NOT refrain from using the word "GOD" in your reply to please NOT post in this thread! There are already plenty of gay-bashing threads on this forum for you to pontificate for the "benefit" of "enlightening" others to "see the light."

Seriously, folks. Why other than "God wouldn't want it that way" are gays still frowned upon in society?
What does Fox News have to do with this?

Old 09-26-2008, 06:09 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,894 times
Quote:

Nonsensical ramblings from fairyland. No surprise there. If your invisible friend thinks that something as menial as two people of the same sex having a loving relationship is such an evil thing then they have entirely to much time on their hands.

Last edited by agnostic soldier; 09-26-2008 at 06:28 PM..

Old 09-26-2008, 07:22 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,049,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Nonsensical ramblings from fairyland. No surprise there. If your invisible friend thinks that something as menial as two people of the same sex having a loving relationship is such an evil thing then they have entirely to much time on their hands.
Dont offend my religion please.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:35 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
Gays will NEVER see equality... their acceptance will reach stagnation very soon. Unfortunately there are far more non-religious people with a distaste for homosexuality than religious ones. It is just one of those things they are gonna have to live with. Thank goodness I am not gay!
True. A lot of non-religious people fear homosexuals because they find the sex acts they do so grotesquely offensive. Most of these sex acts, the sodomy, such as anal oral sex, they would not even remotely consider doing with their partner of the opposite sex in a million years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies