Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2008, 06:35 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,413,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmaple View Post
... why can't a pro-life supporter recognize that a pro-choice supporter has the same right not to be attacked for their position and belief.
You don't have the right not to be attacked (assuming you're not referring to physical violence.)

Further, you're supporting killing an unborn American. The law is supposed to protect Americans, not tolerate their murder.

Also, regarding your claim that it's "in the Constitution": That's a matter of opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 06:44 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,828,970 times
For myself, I do not know if I could have an abortion although I am clearly pro-choice. However, if I was brutally attacked, and impregnated with that rape, I can not imagine that I would be willing to go through nine months of continued hell remembering how I got into this situation and then deliver. It would be a tough decision, no doubt, however I would be grateful for the right to make a decision and have the choice to decide what to do...women have been having abortions for many many years, and will continue to do so, better it be in a sterile environment, without the fear of death or infection with hangers or any other horrifying instrument and without the fear and condemnation of others; my opinion.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:08 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
I don't need to "read my history"...
They are not "active" because they are enjoying the rights that other woman fought for. You would see how quickly they will become active again if ANY of those right are taken away.

What does being STRAIGHT have to do with it, btw?

Funny how it is mostly men that keep starting threads about abortion? Looks like control issues to me... worry about your own reproduction and leave others to worry about theirs.
My girlfriend enjoys her right NOT to work, and to have me support her. You might think she's old-fashioned. I just think it's love. Mine for her, and her for me.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:09 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
You don't have the right not to be attacked (assuming you're not referring to physical violence.)

Further, you're supporting killing an unborn American. The law is supposed to protect Americans, not tolerate their murder.

Also, regarding your claim that it's "in the Constitution": That's a matter of opinion.

There are many rights that we do NOT extend to children.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:59 AM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I don't like getting involved in the abortion issue but one time I did blow some minds in a chat room over this comment. They were arguing over abortions while others were arguing over hunting. I asked if anybody thought killing baby seals was bad. Of course they said it was horrible. So I said well maybe they could induce abortions in pregnant seals just a day or two before delivery so they wouldn't be killing baby seals, only giving abortions which was okay.
I think I had alot of people reaching for the prozac that time.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:43 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,439,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
My girlfriend enjoys her right NOT to work, and to have me support her. You might think she's old-fashioned. I just think it's love. Mine for her, and her for me.
I don't think it is old fashioned, I think do whatever works for you and her.
As long as it is a CHOICE and not that she is not allowed to work (such as women in some middle eastern countries for example).

forum rules, please read them

Old 10-17-2008, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I don't like getting involved in the abortion issue but one time I did blow some minds in a chat room over this comment. They were arguing over abortions while others were arguing over hunting. I asked if anybody thought killing baby seals was bad. Of course they said it was horrible. So I said well maybe they could induce abortions in pregnant seals just a day or two before delivery so they wouldn't be killing baby seals, only giving abortions which was okay.
I think I had alot of people reaching for the prozac that time.
Baby seals are bludgeoned to death.
No one here has advocated doing that to "babies", although plenty of babies die each year after they are born to someone who obviously did not want them - nor has anyone advocated having late term abortions.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:31 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
Baby seals are bludgeoned to death. No one here has advocated doing that to "babies", although plenty of babies die each year after they are born to someone who obviously did not want them - nor has anyone advocated having late term abortions.
If I read you correctly, you seem to be saying that the two situations are not quite comparable...

Old 10-17-2008, 07:41 AM

IMO, no they aren't comparable. No one has ever advocated beating a baby to death.
Comparing a first trimester abortion to this is comparing apples and oranges.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:54 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Exactly...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies