Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 11:05 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,277,416 times

Advertisements

ACORN is hardly "left wing." Furthermore, the fact that Obama sat on a board with a "domestic terrorist" puts him in the company of the Annenbergs themselves, as well as other prominent civic and community leaders.

I cannot believe that the McCain muckrackers hate this country so much that they would foment rage through the dissemination of lies and racial hatred. But please know: You're not fooling anybody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 11:08 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,277,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Quite a bit of difference to McCain at an event, co-sponsored by the Catholic Church than Obama's affiliation with the group.

Obama's ACORN tree;

RNC: Obama's ACORN Tree - MarketWatch

Seems that in addition to serving on those boards with the domestic terrorist, Obama also gave out oodles of cash by way of grants to ACORN. Not to mention his being a lawyer for them, a trainer in "voter registration" techniques, and paying them $800K for get out the vote efforts, while trying to conceal that he paid them.

CNN actually mentioned that the obama campaign had scrubbed their website to get rid of the lie that he had never "worked" for ACORN.
Oh, and Obama's being "a lawyer for" ACORN? You forgot to include the tiny fact that Obama's partner in his role as a lawyer for ACORN was the U.S. Department of Justice.

Smears, lies, smears, lies. . . . All for your precious "Mac."

Blech.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:17 AM

553 posts, read 836,971 times
Default Ex-ACORN members admit ACORN is fraud wrought within it's highest ranks, look to reform ACORN

AN INSIDER SPEAKS THE TRUTH ABOUT ACORN
  • ACORN management runs the organization's agenda and members are told what to do -- We demand that ACORN become a true member-run organization!
  • ACORN activists fight for Living Wages but management refuses to pay a Living Wage and forces organizers to work 54-80 hours a week -- We demand a 40-hour work week and a Living Wage!
  • ACORN organizers are fighting for 7 days of mandatory paid sick leave for the rest of workers -- but ACORN management only gives us 5 days!
  • ACORN's membership is a beautiful rainbow of diversity, but ACORN management discriminates against minority Organizers - We demand management treat Hispanic and African-American organizers with respect!
  • ACORN management pays organizers less than a Living Wage while it hid $1 million embezzlement -- We demand that ACORN management stops getting rich while we starve!
  • ACORN management says it supports unions but busts union drives by ACORN organizers -- We demand the right to organize!

Chicago Daily Observer | A Rotten Acorn (http://www.cdobs.com/archive/tank/a-rotten-acorn,1782/ - broken link)

"For social justice advocate Gregory Hall’s “Truth to Power” organization (TTP), ACORN is an organization mired in hypocrisy which fails to treat its employees by its own principles. One of TTP’s stated goals is to seek drastic reform within ACORN itself.

“A lot of people know ACORN fights for living wages and fairness at home and on the job. But most people out there don’t know that a few really powerful top ACORN managers force ACORN organizers to work extremely long hours for too little pay. These guys attack companies like Wal-Mart, but management acts exactly like Wal-Mart.”
According to Hall, social justice groups like ACORN don’t even provide social justice to their own workers. They’re apparently too preoccupied with taking the speck from their neighbors’ eyes without removing the plank of injustice from there own."

Gregory Hall is a Community organizer and has worked for ACORN. He is leading a group of truly NON PARTISAN people who seek to reform ACORN. He has started this website:

Truth To Power: A New Day In the Movement

Old 10-15-2008, 07:15 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,050,573 times
blah blah and more BLAH. Did I mention BLAH ? The issue at hand is the economy. Obama gets it, McSame doesn't !

Old 10-15-2008, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydade View Post
blah blah and more BLAH. Did I mention BLAH ? The issue at hand is the economy. Obama gets it, McSame doesn't !

SHAME ON YOU!

You should be ashamed for allowing people to steal the election from you!

I am a voter and voter fraud is an issue that matters to me. If you don't care because the fraudulent efforts support your guy.. then you are a partisan hack and you are prostituting your rights as a US citizen.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:23 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
I guess CNN showing 8 registrations from one person by ACORN in one day( on the news, cards lined up next to each other, same signature) and the man who saids he filled out dozens to get them off his back makes for a quality organization, huh?
Are you acting this way for some purpose? I wouldn't accuse anybody of actually being that clueless.

ACORN is required to turn in every registration that it collects. If there are eight from one guy, they mark them suspicious and turn them in.

If there were eight, it reflects badly on one guy, or one collector. It does not reflect at all on ACORN.

Understand?

Old 10-15-2008, 07:24 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeader View Post
SHAME ON YOU!

You should be ashamed for allowing people to steal the election from you!

I am a voter and voter fraud is an issue that matters to me. If you don't care because the fraudulent efforts support your guy.. then you are a partisan hack and you are prostituting your rights as a US citizen.
Fraud is never good and no one is defending it, but this is not about vote fraud. It's about registration fraud. Registration fraud does not steal elections. On the other hand voter suppression absolutely does steal elections.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:26 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,925,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Fraud is never good and no one is defending it, but this is not about vote fraud. It's about registration fraud. On election day, something to consider will be attempts at voter suppression.
They already caught someone trying to vote under their fraudulent registration. They threw his vote out by the way.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Fraud is never good and no one is defending it, but this is not about vote fraud. It's about registration fraud. On election day, something to consider will be attempts at voter suppression.

ANY fraud in an election is a MAJOR problem and should not be dismissed.

I am not so naive as to think that there won't be attempts at fraudulent voting, but put that aside.

The efforts to register tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of fraudulent voters was not done in vein. They wanted to flood the system, overwhelm the states, obfuscate the polls and influence the election.

I am shocked and appalled at how so many people have no problem with this.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:43 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,078,118 times
Since you all keep posting the same threads about ACORN, I will just keep posting this until my question gets answered. You have given examples of where overzealous paid workers have committed voter REGISTRATION fraud, as opposed to voter fraud.

Note that in many many cases ACORN has actually ALERTED THE AUTHORITIES to these suspect registrations, but in some states the group submitting the voter registrations are not allowed to throw out a registration, even if it appears fraudulent, and must rely on the state or district to do that.

So can you give me any examples in recent memory where there is evidence of VOTER fraud -- meaning people showing up to vote who are not real people or who are dead? In other words, the ACORN or other voter registration person may have submitted a voter registration for Mickey Mouse, but there is NO evidence to show that Mickey Mouse has then showed up to actually vote. That is why Rove had all these Democratic US attorneys fired, because he and his local party henchmen kept trying to ferret out voter fraud and they COULDN'T FIND ANY. Its one thing to be paid to register voters and turn in fake registration, which is fraud and should be individually prosecuted, its another to show up and vote as Mickey Mouse or as a dead person. I have seen NO EVIDENCE of that. Have you??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies