Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 06:31 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,827,137 times

Advertisements

This article, I have taken from a post that was just put on this site....it is outrageous and clearly the punishment to the mom for not protecting her child is more than reasonable, in my opinion, if not enough...let alone what should/has happened to her boyfriend....but that aside: here is a 9-year old little girl...should she have had to go through the hell of a delivery, no less the hell of what she had to endure for 9 months without a clear understanding of everything...what kind of lifetime trauma will she have...

An eastern Idaho woman whose boyfriend impregnated her 9-year-old daughter has been sentenced to 10 years in prison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 06:52 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
I have no idea. How far along in her pregnancy is she? If she is in the second or third trimester, sadly I would say she must deliver. It could be done in a way that could minimize the emotional trauma to the girl (under general anesthesia) and obviously the baby should be placed for adoption as should the little girl herself. And lots and lots of therapy.

If the pregnancy is found to be in the first trimester, I would not tell the girl she was ever pregnant, just that she had to have a medical procedure.

I am disgusted that her 'mother' only got 10 years (which means 4 or less). I would also love to know if this bitchs parental rights have been terminated, or is the f'd up child protective services going to implement a family reunification plan.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:54 PM

Based on the article, she had the child...I have no idea if that choice was ever given to her or not...but I cannot imagine the lifelong trauma she will experience ...that's for sure...in a situation like that...

Old 10-16-2008, 06:55 PM

oops, I guess, and I am only speculating, that the mom did not say anything for awhile which certainly, in itself, should have been punishable...not just the irresponsibility and danger to and for the child...

Old 10-16-2008, 07:09 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,988,586 times
A child having a child--how sad! At 9, I didn't even know where babies came from. The "man" (and I use that term loosely) should be shot.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:17 PM

I am not sure which is worse, the "man" or the woman, his girlfriend, the mom who 'permitted' it...and certainly by not saying anything for however long, put her daughter in an even worse situation...yes, lots and lots of therapy, how awful to even think about 'family unification'...had the mom even considered her child's welfare at some early point, perhaps a 'medical procedure' would have been able to be done....yup, a young child going the pain and anguish of having a child and understanding nothing about it...and ultimately at some point in her adult life, it will come to haunt her, all of it...where a 'medical procedure' coupled with therapy could give her a far better chance of having a healthy and productive life.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:29 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
A child having a child--how sad! At 9, I didn't even know where babies came from.
It's been proven through research that girls whose fathers live in the home develop later. Where the father does not live in the home, or where there is a constant parade of men through the house, girls develop faster. It has to do with pheromones.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:34 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,038,990 times
This type of stuff only really happens in America!!

Old 10-16-2008, 09:39 PM

5,167 posts, read 11,434,314 times
What a tragedy. I can't imagine what this poor girl went through.
The mother is disgusting and the guy should spend his life in jail.

forum rules, please read them

Old 10-16-2008, 09:41 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
It's been proven through research that girls whose fathers live in the home develop later. Where the father does not live in the home, or where there is a constant parade of men through the house, girls develop faster. It has to do with pheromones.

Hate to play devils advocate here, but this is not necessarily the case. My husband went through early puberty, and perhaps not coincidentally so did 2 of our dds. Genetics do play a part. Plus (and I am admittedly pulling out my tinfoil hat here) there is some concern that the hormones in milk are also playing a part in girls developing earlier and earlier. I think in my day a girl had her period about 13/14, now the average age is 11/12.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies