Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2008, 11:48 AM

1,371 posts, read 1,231,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by technobarbie View Post
People protesting their rights were taken away from them is not fascist. The involvement of the Mormon church looks like a violation of the first amendment as well. I say go California and give them hell, because it's no telling which "moral ethic" the religion nuts will go after next.

Rep points for you! I agree wholeheartly!

I live in Utah (not by choice) and I would hate to see the rest of the country end up like this state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 05:07 PM

609 posts, read 1,175,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by technobarbie View Post
People protesting their rights were taken away from them is not fascist. The involvement of the Mormon church looks like a violation of the first amendment as well. I say go California and give them hell, because it's no telling which "moral ethic" the religious nuts will go after next.
look, you think its a violation of rights. the majority dont. too damn bad. imagine 10 percent think its their right to get married to a dog? should they be allowed?? if 90% vote against, is that yet again the "tyranny of the majority?" of course not. cuase youd think thats a silly "right".

well guess what they just decided that "right" is not a right at all.

the women who pushed for suffrage and ect protested and protested oftne through legal ways (although not always)

i knwo the gays are protesting against the mormons legally too, but its kinda like a "hey you voted against what we want". kidna like "if you dotna greee with us well yell at you"

do ti through legal terms ok. keep protesting, demonstrating. but dont invade other peoples lives because you are tyring to force the majority to accept your belief

Old 11-08-2008, 05:12 PM

343 posts, read 510,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leangk View Post
look, you think its a violation of rights. the majority dont. too damn bad. imagine 10 percent think its their right to get married to a dog? should they be allowed?? if 90% vote against, is that yet again the "tyranny of the majority?" of course not. cuase youd think thats a silly "right".

the women who pushed for suffrage and ect protested and protested oftne through legal ways (although not always)

i knwo the gays are protesting against the mormons legally too, but its kinda like a "hey you voted against what we want". kidna like "if you dotna greee with us well yell at you"

do ti through legal terms ok. keep protesting, demonstrating. but dont invade other peoples lives because you are tyring to force the majority to accept your belief

Those horrible gay people, trying to FORCE other people to treat them like human beings.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:09 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,430,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VC dreamer View Post
I live in Utah (not by choice) and I would hate to see the rest of the country end up like this state.
You and me both.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:12 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,921 times
Quote:
Because any rational person would have to agree that marrying a dog is akin to marrying a person, and so you have a valid point.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:55 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:

You sound like a complete *******.

Old 11-09-2008, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
The gays of Cali are showing true class right now. They lost a MARORITY of Cali spoke and they can't handle it. What is the point of a democracy anyways.
They're handling it in the same way you would if your marriage license was suddenly invalidated.

Old 11-09-2008, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
That is funny and only makes gay people look pitiful which a lot of them are.
No more pitiful than heterosexuals.

Old 11-09-2008, 12:06 AM

Quote:
maybe the gays should protest more important things.. like those being killed in saudi arabia... or tortured...
Wow. You're an even bigger ******* than I thought you were just five minutes ago.

Old 11-09-2008, 12:10 AM

Quote:
some people also cant accept democracy, and those tend to be the worst of the worst. the parellel with nazis, stalinist and the chinese dictatorship.

its ok to vote!! as long as its our candidate!!!

see? kinda like democratic voting in a one party country?

anyways the vote was cast, people disagree with it, so what. leave it alone. yyou lost democratically, give it up.
Let's make a deal: I won't show my ignorance about the French system of government, and you won't show your ignorance about the U.S. system of government.

Let me educate you: Laws can change, they can be overturned, they can be found unconstitutional. There's no reason they should "give it up" when 48% of the voters were on their side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies