Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2008, 11:54 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times

Advertisements

I have noticed some users on here that really need to get a life. Stop putting your religion on the top as the 'one and only path to truth.' Most of all, STOP using religion to justify your hatred towards people who are different than you.

Gay marriage. A sensitive issue to some. But to me, all this is nonsense. Why shouldn't gays be allowed to get married because YOU think that? Seriously. I would hate to see what most of the Christians would do if any other religion dared to stand up for what they believe in.

Your argument is invalid and lacks logic. Completely. No doubt about it.

Jesus, there has been no other time in my life I can remember disliking Christianity more. This is all so intolerant. Once again, I know that not all Christians are like that but the vast majority is. I cannot believe this.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:50 AM

592 posts, read 414,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewiccanways View Post
I have noticed some users on here that really need to get a life. Stop putting your religion on the top as the 'one and only path to truth.' Most of all, STOP using religion to justify your hatred towards people who are different than you.

Gay marriage. A sensitive issue to some. But to me, all this is nonsense. Why shouldn't gays be allowed to get married because YOU think that? Seriously. I would hate to see what most of the Christians would do if any other religion dared to stand up for what they believe in.

Your argument is invalid and lacks logic. Completely. No doubt about it.

Jesus, there has been no other time in my life I can remember disliking Christianity more. This is all so intolerant. Once again, I know that not all Christians are like that but the vast majority is. I cannot believe this.
The idea of gay marriage is over the top. I guess you could say the idea is gay. If they want to defile themselves, that's their business. But their desire to pervert marriage is ... perverted. They know a man having sex with another man is a sin according to the law that comes from God. But there's something about them, a need to pervert the institutions that God gave us, that seems to drive gays into a frenzy. This isn't about tolerance or intolerance. It's about them attacking the church because they hate God.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:54 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
But there's something about them, a need to pervert the institutions that God gave us, that seems to drive gays into a frenzy. This isn't about tolerance or intolerance. It's about them attacking the church because they hate God.
All gays hate God, huh? What about all of the gays who go to Christian churches every week?

How many gay people do you really know?

Old 11-15-2008, 01:19 AM

2,141 posts, read 7,866,968 times
The original poster needs to look up the definition of civil rights.

Old 11-15-2008, 03:57 AM

592 posts, read 414,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
All gays hate God, huh? What about all of the gays who go to Christian churches every week?

How many gay people do you really know?
How many Christians do you really know?

Old 11-15-2008, 04:01 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
How many Christians do you really know?
More than I can count.

Old 11-15-2008, 05:11 AM

425 posts, read 1,093,242 times
Quote:
The idea of gay marriage is over the top. I guess you could say the idea is gay. If they want to defile themselves, that's their business. But their desire to pervert marriage is ... perverted. They know a man having sex with another man is a sin according to the law that comes from God. But there's something about them, a need to pervert the institutions that God gave us, that seems to drive gays into a frenzy. This isn't about tolerance or intolerance. It's about them attacking the church because they hate God.
MarkT3, I hate to break it to you, but just as there are many gay people who believe in God, a loving, inclusive God, there are straight people who do not believe in God or the bible.

Those people are enjoying the same right to be married as you are (or can be if you choose to). Therefore, your religion HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS. I don't care if you worship a chicken. Your religion is your business, my religion is my business.

Muslims, Christians, atheists, Hundus, wiccans, satanists, and who knows what else are all afforded the same right to marry regardless of religious beliefs or convictions. STOP SHOVING YOUR RELIGION DOWN EVERYONE'S THROAT. If you think being a homosexual is a sin then by all means stick with a partner who has the plumbing that appeals to you.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:31 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,861,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You are wrong. There is a good reason to prevent incest....What reason is there against gay marriage other than your religious beliefs....None.
Biological: gay couples can't reproduce naturally.

Cultural: All cultures recognize marriage as between a man and a woman, even before organized religion came along.

There's simply no valid reason for same sex marriage, except perhaps to make it easier when it comes to accessorizing.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:33 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
There's simply no valid reason for same sex marriage, except perhaps to make it easier when it comes to accessorizing.
Because separate but equal is not equal--pretty simple, really.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:46 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Men created the various gods in their own image.

Strangely enough, each of these gods hated the same people that their creators hated.

Last edited by Ceist; 11-15-2008 at 07:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies