Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 04:08 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
Let's see if the conservatives whine about how listening to Hollywood types is stupid now.
I have no problems with some "Hollywood types", for example:
  • Chuck Norris
  • Charelton Heston (Great)
  • Mel Gibson
But you have to admit, most of them are blithering idiots.

I thought Chuck's column was good. I read it this morning on WorldNet Daily, one of the sites I read. I'm sure it was posted elsewhere as well.

I think he nailed it. A President is sworn to uphold and defend the Constitution, and he does work for us not the other way around. So, we need to be active in our government, and communicate with our Representatives often. It is our government. They cannot take that from us.

If he doesn't defend and protect the Constitution, or if he tries to force anything on us without debate, he's "dead meat".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 04:10 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
Norris got kicked in the head too many times it seems.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:13 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
Let's see if the conservatives whine about how listening to Hollywood types is stupid now.
I have no problems with some "Hollywood types".
  • Chuck Norris
  • Mel Gibson

I thought Chuck's column was good. I read it this morning on WorldNet Daily, one of the sites I read. I'm sure it was posted elsewhere as well.

I think he nailed it. A President is sworn to uphold and defend the Constitution, and he does work for us not the other way around. So, we need to be active in our government, and communicate with our Representatives often. It is our government. They cannot take that from us.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:14 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
There are hundreds of wlll-known actors, and they are pretty much like the rest of us---all shades of intellect spread among them. A fairly small number have taken it upon themselves to become activists for political and other social issues. I prsume that those who do so, are among the more-thoughtful-than-average of them. So, I have no problem with a fairly intelligent and thoughtful person becoming familiar with the issus and expressing a view on them. Lord knows, thay talk about everything else on sofa-shows---why not relevant issues? There have been plenty lf athletes, too, who have been quoted by the slanted liberal media expressing political views, and I haven't heard a liberal viewpoint come out of one of them yet.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:20 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,650,949 times
LOL. He's going to tell a former professor of constitutional law to "use and cite the constitution." Thanks, Chuckles!

Old 11-10-2008, 04:25 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,013,113 times
So he's a celebrity? Big deal.. still republican hogwash no matter WHO's mouth it comes out of!

Old 11-10-2008, 04:29 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,350,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
I saw Chuck Norris on Faux News a couple of weeks ago promoting his new book. It was less of an interview and more of a regurgitation of silly right-wing talking points.

He comes across as a very dumb man.
They all do...even the educated ones. But seriously, how can "Walker, Texas Ranger" be taken seriously?

If you blame Democrats for anything that's happened in the last 4 years, you are an idiot. Bush had a whole term to fix those problems if they were truly caused by Clinton. And blaming Carter, who had 20 years worth of GOP presidents after him, is just laughable. Would you rather the country be in the condition it was in when Clinton left office, or today?

Old 11-10-2008, 04:30 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f_m View Post
Could you clarify this statement? Norris was supporting Huckabee for the Republican nomination.
true but republicans for some reason are very dismissive of people in hollywood or the entertainment industry on some just because *****..

Old 11-10-2008, 04:33 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,013,113 times
What cracks me up is that the initiative by Clinton to stop mortgage companies from redlining certain neighborhoods because of Race was translated too " go lend to everyone and anyone that walks through those doors.. give them a $400K house if they make $20K a year..!!!"

That's REALLY laughable..

Old 11-10-2008, 04:35 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,350,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I have no problems with some "Hollywood types", for example:
  • Chuck Norris
  • Mel Gibson

If he doesn't defend and protect the Constitution, or if he tries to force anything on us without debate, he's "dead meat".
Mel Gibson? Really? The nutcase who ranted about how the Jews are destroying America isn't a blithering idiot?

I think I'd rather listen to Matt Damon, who got into Harvard, than an uneducated hick like Norris. But regardless, I listen to scholars, and actually read about current events and the news instead of conservative talk show hosts.

You have in your list of three, a gun nut (Heston), a Religious nut (Gibson) and an idiot (Norris). If those are the only three you respect, that says a lot more about you than it does about the rest of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies