Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 11:10 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Did I sleep through that war? Or did I just forget it?
It was most certainly a war but never declared, it was fought on many fronts including direct engagements of Russian and U.S. pilots over the skies of Korea and I believe Vietnam as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 11:29 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
It was most certainly a war but never declared, it was fought on many fronts including direct engagements of Russian and U.S. pilots over the skies of Korea and I believe Vietnam as well.
Links please? Were some of those "many fronts" incidents that did NOT involve direct engagements, and is that how loosely you define war?

Old 11-12-2008, 11:31 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
You apparently know so much about them. If you hate them that much, go down there yourself armed with a hot poker and some undergarments to humiliate them with.
Yes, I do know about the situation. But I don't do hot pokers not into that type of torture ... I prefer waterboarding or just cutting their heads off like they did to Danny.

Quote:
We treat innocent people like this.
I think every individual no matter what race, creed or color ... ALL ... innocent people died on September 11, 2001 in New York.

Quote:
WE are guilty.
You may be guilty but I assure you I am not guilty.

Quote:
Can't you get how you've been played?
No I have not 'been played' ... I didn't like the rush, rush, hurry, hurry, go to war in Iraq ... and we still don't have Bin Laden and his Taliban ... nor our troops home. Your attitude is what is going to get us killed. But that is what is so wonderful about the USA ... our freedom to have and voice our opinions even though they may differ. I just don't want to sit around and hug and air kiss and sing Kumbaya with people that want to kill us.

I hope and pray Obama will take a firm stand with the Mid-East and the soil of our beloved USA won't become another bloody battlefield. I have merely stated what I think and I sincerely hope you will not trash me again because my opinion differs from yours. That's the great American way you know.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:36 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Did I sleep through that war? Or did I just forget it?

"Only if you hold a blind eye to history and facts".
Apparently so. I'm sorry you missed history and having someone describe it on a forum to you is a practice in futility. Only your own interest could fulfill that request.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:53 PM

609 posts, read 1,175,053 times
Quote:
At least with appeasement, there are survivors. All other methods don't solve the problem either.

Anybody intuiting that we are MADE to fight each other for someone else's benefit? Anyone tired of this?
have you even read a history book? appeasment is what allowed the Nazi to extend their control, and extend their fascist rule further over Europe. This helped move forward the persecution of people, and strengthen their rule (by geting part of czech legally, through appeasment, they didnt ahve to fight through its well defended border.

all other methods dont work?? umm how many wars have moved forward technology, societies and cuture?

did war not solve the problem for the greeks when they were threatened by the persians? threatening to wipe out athens and any record we would have ever had of democracy and great writings??

what about world war 2? as i said before was it not appeasment that caused the probelms and lengthened the war? and was it not brutal combat by the peopel defending their countries the only solution to the nazi threat?

you have a seriosuly warped view if you think war is never justified. sometimes there are just evil people out there who wanna destory you and what you stand for.

hoenstly learn about the real world and read a history book.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:56 PM

609 posts, read 1,175,053 times
Quote:
Links please? Were some of those "many fronts" incidents that did NOT involve direct engagements, and is that how loosely you define war?
the Us government constantly funded troops that opposed communist satelites, just as russians supported communist movements. the point is that although no US soldier came into direct combat with russians (i believe) they cosntnatly funded and attacked allies of eachother.

theres a reason it was called the "cold war" and not the "action packed war"

Old 11-13-2008, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Apparently so. I'm sorry you missed history and having someone describe it on a forum to you is a practice in futility. Only your own interest could fulfill that request.
Fill me in. Did we attactk the USSR, or did they attack us? Was it a nuclear war,, or just conventional weapons? Did we have troops on the ground there, or did they have troops on the ground here? I really, quite honestly, do not remember that war.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:00 AM

Default Dominos?

Cuba, Granada, El Salvidor, Nicaragua, Angola, The Horn of Africa, Poland, Afghanistan. All soldiers in South/North America were trained through the bay of pigs program known as Castro.

Last edited by BigJon3475; 11-13-2008 at 12:13 AM.. Reason: correction

Old 11-13-2008, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Fill me in. Did we attactk the USSR, or did they attack us? Was it a nuclear war,, or just conventional weapons? Did we have troops on the ground there, or did they have troops on the ground here? I really, quite honestly, do not remember that war.
No possible way for me to cover it all....

Cold War

If you would rather see a movie:

YouTube - In The Face Of Evil: Reagan's War In Word And Deed

Just remember the movie can't cover it all and the books can't cover what they didn't know. The movie contains the people in the know like Caspar Weinberger and Jean Kirkpatrick.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leangk View Post
the Us government constantly funded troops that opposed communist satelites, just as russians supported communist movements. the point is that although no US soldier came into direct combat with russians (i believe) they cosntnatly funded and attacked allies of eachother.

theres a reason it was called the "cold war" and not the "action packed war"
Oh, I see. Uruguay is an ally of the USA, and Yemen and Tunisia are allies in the Arab League, so when we bombed a convoy in Yemen, that now means that there iw a war going on between Uruguay and Tunisia.. Pardon my ignorance. I'm still learning how to twist totally unrelated ideas together in ways that will enable me to make literally any stupid statement I want to make, and defend it, and tell people that they are blind if they didn't see it my way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies