Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 10:45 PM

395 posts, read 1,011,637 times

Advertisements

Sorry for the tendentious title, but for all educated people, this is basically the choice as we see it.

We will basically decide to become party of true small government and liberty (low taxes, business friendly but no corporate welfare, minimalist foreign policy, social laissez-faire)

or

redneck values.

Can the republican party really afford to scare away even more educated voters? Does it really want to be the party solely of NASCAR-watching, rebel flag waiving, gay-hating whites?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 10:52 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
If they would stop pandering to the Religious Right - if the churches would come to their senses - all of this inflamed NASCAR-Palin-redneck politics would die down, I believe.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:04 PM

46 posts, read 29,825 times
the GOP needs to return to its roots, it's biggest problem was "pandering" to Blacks (Condi, Colin Powell -- who voted for obama based on race), Hispanics (with the McAmnesty), and Zionist war support (think Joe Lieberman given a speaking platform at the GOP convention).

These were false moves because the Blacks, Hispanics, and Jews all voted for Obama despite the pathetic and well-intentioned pandering, they all stabbed the Americans and the White-Americans in the back as is predictable. it was amazing to see them stab the Clintons in the back too, and still totally idiotic White liberals can't see it.

The GOP needs to stop pandering to racists and bigots that hate America and want to alter the basic tenets that made it a success, and the very country that all people seem to want to illegally move to.

I personally see the Democrat Party heading into really bad territory, where it is being led by the biggest racists and bigots that America has to offer. It's only a matter of time when the anti-White racists so numerous in the Dem party show their true colors and turn upon themselves instead.

It is impossible to hold onto a coalition of Hispanics and Blacks that have so much race hate for each other. I cannot see them holding onto an jewish/gay intellectual coalition and succeeding for very long.

in any event, Yugoslavia ought to be proof enough that multi-cult and polyglot nations never succeed. That is America's future, along with becoming more like a Brazil.

Oh well, that's what liberals and anti-White racist want for this country! It's amazing that so many even came to the USA in the first place, if they wanted to change it so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
If they would stop pandering to the Religious Right - if the churches would come to their senses - all of this inflamed NASCAR-Palin-redneck politics would die down, I believe.
That is cheap hate speech. Compare them to the people who populate the Dem voting roles: HS drop-outs, people illiterate in their native language of Spanish, racist Jews and Zionists, lonely, bitter, and angry homosexuals, Blacks who know are PhDs in "racist studies" but can't solve an 8th grade algebra equation, the list of the morons on the Left is endless. Their bigotry and hatred of the majority cannot be understated either.

PS I hate to break it to you, but Blacks and Hispanics are amongst the country's most "Christian" and church-going people. They are religious, surely some hipster like you has been to Gospel Brunch.

Last edited by Elginclock; 11-25-2008 at 11:13 PM..

Old 11-25-2008, 11:06 PM

839 posts, read 982,995 times
I think this is a false dichotomy; it's not really an either/or question. The problem is that the US has a two-party system, meaning that each party is going to capture approximately half of the electorate or its going to fail. As a result, each party attempts to cover roughly half of the political spectrum with Democrats representing the more liberal 50% of the population while Republicans represent the 50% of the population that's more conservative. In other words, they're 'big tent parties.' Since there aren't many 'true' libertarians in the US, I'm assuming that you are really referring to economic conservatives versus evangelical/fundamentalist Christians. Both of these groups are part of the 50% of the population thats considered more conservative and, as such, the Republican Party must continue to cater to and represent both in order to survive. This doesn't mean that there won't be infighting within the party among the two groups, indeed, I believe we'll see a lot of this in the coming years. However, while such infighting is likely to occur, I highly doubt that either group will be ejected from the party. There will be compromise and one group is likely to emerge as the more dominant one in the coming years, but both will continue to be constituents of the Republican Party.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:09 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,475,923 times
Given that I've heard the excuse that McCain lost due to him "not being conservative enough" and the above poster's hilarious post regarding white racism I would say the Republican Party is doomed to further anti-intellectualism for at least 2 election cycles.

Also Sarah Palin being in the news constantly after losing an election seems to indicate she will be running in 2012 and that does not bode well either.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:10 AM

46 posts, read 29,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Given that I've heard the excuse that McCain lost due to him "not being conservative enough" and the above poster's hilarious post regarding white racism I would say the Republican Party is doomed to further anti-intellectualism for at least 2 election cycles.

Also Sarah Palin being in the news constantly after losing an election seems to indicate she will be running in 2012 and that does not bode well either.
that's quite a comical statement considering the average educational attainment of the Obama voter. If you are happy that a Third World level populace, with their level of intellectualism decides who is the leader of the West, then God help us all.

Middle Ages here we come!!!

I seriously wonder what the average educational level is of the average Obama voter, probably about 10th grade? on average?

Old 11-26-2008, 01:41 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
The republican will be republicans that have won so many presidential election. The libertains have not even made a decent showing ;so why would they change. Basically they are about 1% of the country;no base to win a election.In fact Paul registered as a rebublican so that he could win his house seat.Otherwsie he wouldn't even be in the house. He'll never win a senate seat tho.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:50 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,495,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginclock View Post
that's quite a comical statement considering the average educational attainment of the Obama voter. If you are happy that a Third World level populace, with their level of intellectualism decides who is the leader of the West, then God help us all.

Middle Ages here we come!!!

I seriously wonder what the average educational level is of the average Obama voter, probably about 10th grade? on average?
This is funny, coming from someone who is unable to type a coherent paragraph. Your above post is like an exercise in "stream-of-consciousness" essay. I wouldn't be overly concerned with the education levels of others, chief.

Old 11-26-2008, 02:01 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,936,631 times
I formerly was republican, and several years ago changed to independent. It would take a huge overhaul for me to ever go back. Yes- they must get back to their roots. Less gov't, less spending, reduced taxes, etc. The whole party is now RINO and thus why I left them.

Old 11-26-2008, 04:20 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,485,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Sarah Palin is the harbinger of doom for the Republican Party. The longer she is out front, the more moderate Republicans will defect and become moderate Democrats. It's in some ways the same scenario as the button-down neocons having once left the Democratic Party for being unable to either control or abide the shaggy left-wingers. With the inexorable march of demographics also continuing to work against them, it could be a long, dark time that is facing the Republicans. Ignorant Alaskan knee-jerkism isn't going to do much to stem the tide...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies