Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 11:13 PM

8 posts, read 4,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
First of all, I am unsure about the distinction you make between 'whites' and Jews.....they look awfully white to me
Also, about 'whites' being targeted....I don't see that. The vast majority of people killed and/or wounded were Indian. To say that tourists were targeted would be more accurate.
As to why Daniel Pearl was highlighted, it has less to do with his being Jewish and more to do with him being a young good looking American with a beautiful pregnant wife. It was compelling copy.....no other reason then that. Kinda like why is Natalie Holloway, or the mormon girl from Utah a few years ago..why are they in the news so much, yet do we hear about black missing women and children half as much? No, no we don't.
Nice try, but unconvincing. Who says Daniel Pearl is good-looking? He was a dual citizen of Israel, which Eugene Armstrong was not, and why did the so-called "Frenchman" Bernard-Henri Levy write a book about only Daniel Pearl? It's because Levy is a Jew, only concerned in typical racist fashion about his own even though Levy isn't American,...... so he wrote a book about his racist brother Pearl and could care less about Eugene Armstrong. Wake up. Be honest. It's unbelievable some people cannot do simple math.

PS Jews are Semites, they aren't European Whites, and their language of Hebrew is definitely not Indo-European, but I suppose you'll just dismiss all of that fact.

Just do everyone here a favor and never forget Eugene Armstrong, OK?

Old 12-02-2008, 11:48 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelMichel View Post
Nice try, but unconvincing. Who says Daniel Pearl is good-looking? He was a dual citizen of Israel, which Eugene Armstrong was not, and why did the so-called "Frenchman" Bernard-Henri Levy write a book about only Daniel Pearl? It's because Levy is a Jew, only concerned in typical racist fashion about his own even though Levy isn't American,...... so he wrote a book about his racist brother Pearl and could care less about Eugene Armstrong. Wake up. Be honest. It's unbelievable some people cannot do simple math.

PS Jews are Semites, they aren't European Whites, and their language of Hebrew is definitely not Indo-European, but I suppose you'll just dismiss all of that fact.

I found Daniel Pearl pretty attractive, personally...

And last time I checked, I was Jewish. And Eastern European. My family had been in Ukraine for hundreds of years. There might be some Middle Eastern blood left, but with early intermarriage, not much.

And last time I checked, I spoke no Hebrew. My language is English... with a bit of Spanish thrown in for good measure.

Next?

Old 12-03-2008, 06:53 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,687,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmcw View Post
Well then, I'm sure she'll be World famous. I'm sure she'll be a hero and a museum will be built, kids taken there to hear the story on field trips too. This tragedy, like prior ones, like all the horrible beheadings in Iraq, the only ones that matter to the media are the Jewish ones.

Quick: Name the beheaded ones.

Daniel Pearl, Nick Berg.............................easy.

Ever heard of American White man Eugene Armstrong? Did the racist anti-White ADL care about him? Did the media report his story? Was he made a hero and the subject of a bazillion articles? Do a Google search of Daniel Pearl or Nick Berg vs. Eugene Armstrong and compare the number of hits. The other Americans that suffered the same horrible fate remain nameless to the media. I'd be astonished if one person here could name such a martyr.

In Mumbai, there were more than one hundred killed, but the selfish types only care about the "jews" or the "israelis" and CNN reports only those stories, like the one linked to above.

Leon Klinghoffer? A full-blown opera was produced about him.

The real story here is that the terrorists targeted "WHITES" and that has been reported only sporadically. Instead we a fed a steady diet about only Jews.
I think people have already responded to your note - yes, everyone was targeted - including foreigners. I think the discussion of Jews comes up since their house was one of the 5 places targeted (2 hotels, 1 railway station, 1 bar/cafe, 1 hospital). So, about 1/5th of the coverage could be on the incidents at the Chabad House.

In terms of press coverage, listen to say a local (ABC/ CBS / NBC) "international" news and BBC world news - the coverage will be very different most of the times with the later focussing more on international events and the US media outlets on international events related to US. An example was a study done on coverage of deaths in third world countries - especially in Africa. You need to kill at least 50+ people there for the news to show up on the radar screen of the media here. But, trap a cute bear in the woods in Virginia, and you have choppers and rescue people all covering the bear's plight for days. Same goes for a wyward whale that is offcourse in Alaska. While I agree with you that "news" often tends to be unfair in terms of coverage, but in this case (coverage of the Chabad House) I do not think the media was that far off.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 12-03-2008 at 06:59 AM.. Reason: Fixed quote and removed response to deleted statement

Old 12-03-2008, 08:06 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelMichel View Post

You do realize that European whites encompasses a lot of cultures, many of which have a long history of hating each other? People who say that they have so much damn pride in being 'white' are ignorant fools as there is no 'white' culture. Czechs are not all that fond of Russians, the English don't like the French and the Irish have some serious issues with the English. Then there is serbs, croats, poles, slavs, hungarians, danes, swiss --- none of these cultures are so alike that they could be put under the umbrella of 'whiteness'. To pretend otherwise is to embrace an empty ignorant pride movement......similiar to clapping at a two year old because they made poo-poo in the potty. It may feel good, but it is based on nothing.
Btw.....I thought Daniel Pearl was very handsome. And I'm not the only 'white' girl to think so

Old 12-03-2008, 08:15 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
You do realize that European whites encompasses a lot of cultures, many of which have a long history of hating each other? People who say that they have so much damn pride in being 'white' are ignorant fools as there is no 'white' culture. Czechs are not all that fond of Russians, the English don't like the French and the Irish have some serious issues with the English. Then there is serbs, croats, poles, slavs, hungarians, danes, swiss --- none of these cultures are so alike that they could be put under the umbrella of 'whiteness'. To pretend otherwise is to embrace an empty ignorant pride movement......similiar to clapping at a two year old because they made poo-poo in the potty. It may feel good, but it is based on nothing.
Btw.....I thought Daniel Pearl was very handsome. And I'm not the only 'white' girl to think so
Well, there was the late lamented South Africa. I think that's the kind of culture he was talking about. Guess we'll never know

More importantly,
oi Jools!

Old 12-03-2008, 08:22 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Well, there was the late lamented South Africa. I think that's the kind of culture he was talking about. Guess we'll never know

More importantly,
oi Jools!
Love me my Squeeze!

(ahem), I do think you are right....I think when some are talking about 'whiteness' I think they are talking about the good ole' days of master and servent...and they wouldn't be the servant

Old 12-03-2008, 09:45 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,494,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
You're right....

Mumbai under attack - The Big Picture - Boston.com

These are big pictures from the attack that will put you in mind of 9/11 - but please also read the comments that come below. Everyone is confused and in pain, the same as we were.

Not trying to make any point other than that we need to stop looking for ways to be divided.
Wow, that's a great link. Thanks for posting.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:55 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Mastermind behind 2008 Mumbai terror attacks released

https://youtu.be/UNwyIF_B8wE

Old 04-11-2015, 04:46 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Horrible, do this to a fellow human being! Oh yeah, the victims were evullllll Jews....so in the minds of the Jihadists, no biggie!

Very surprised that there has not been a Mumbai-style attack in the USA!

Old 04-11-2015, 05:04 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
obaggers don't see the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies