Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 10:49 AM

2,329 posts, read 6,632,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Has Obama been charged with anything in this case? I haven't seen that in the news.
No, Fitzgerald explicitly said at the news conference Obama is not charged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2008, 10:55 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,002,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
don't forget the Governor before Blago, Ryan (R), is in prison too!

Illinois and Chicago sucks!!!
Why does it always have to come down to this? Trying to take the emphasis off one person's past crimes doesn't lessen those of the one in focus. Seems like a bad attempt at distraction.

Old 12-09-2008, 11:04 AM

2,522 posts, read 4,391,650 times
George Ryan is beginning to look like a choir boy after this news conference. Remember, Blago ran as the reform candidate.

More curious is the fact that there has been speculation about Bush pardoning George Ryan. Blago and our other senator, Democrat Dick Durbin also spoke out in favor of having Ryan pardoned. It was a strange thing for them to do in the current Illinois political climate. I guess Blago hoped it would work out the sme way for him. Now, I am trying to understand Durbin's motive in all of this.

Old 12-09-2008, 11:07 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by via chicago View Post
I love Chicago and IL and would never consider living elsewhere. And seriously, the politics here make great water cooler fodder
We have way too many in NJ (a cesspool of overpriced corruption) that think the way you do.

Unfortunately it's gotten so expensively corrupt decent, honest people have to flee. It's no longer a joke here.

Old 12-09-2008, 11:13 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,833,505 times
I am will to bet that ths gones alot further. They stopped the investgation to prevent a senate seat from being sold;which would have been a mess. That the guy was even recorded saying he might appoint himself becauee he would be better offf being a senator indicted than a governor. We see so much of this type corruption but its stll shocking especially hearing quotes from the tapes. Sounds like some mob tapes.Since its been goihng on since 2004 I would bet alot more are invioved;he surely was doing these things without others knowing and particapating

Old 12-09-2008, 11:24 AM

2,329 posts, read 6,632,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
We have way too many in NJ (a cesspool of overpriced corruption) that think the way you do.

Unfortunately it's gotten so expensively corrupt decent, honest people have to flee. It's no longer a joke here.
Yes, my statement was a joke, I'm sorry if you can't take it. I'm more happy than anyone to see Blago go down. And I stand by my assertion that i would not live anywhere else..I love this city.

Old 12-09-2008, 12:07 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,391,650 times
I am a lifelong Chicagoan, too. I moved away during my college years, but I do love the city. My grandkids are 6th generation.

Old 12-09-2008, 12:25 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by via chicago View Post
Yes, my statement was a joke, I'm sorry if you can't take it. I'm more happy than anyone to see Blago go down. And I stand by my assertion that i would not live anywhere else..I love this city.
Didn't know you were joking. My mistake. Like I said, in NJ we have too many that think that way - for real.

Old 12-09-2008, 12:31 PM

164 posts, read 240,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
About time...
From the Chicago Tribune:
Feds take Gov. Blagojevich into custody

A source said today that Gov. Rod Blagojevich was taken into federal custody at his North Side home this morning. The U.S. attorney's office would not confirm the information, and a spokesman for the governor did not immediately return a phone call for comment.

Doesn't pay to play with Tony Rezko. At least he won't be appointing the senator to replace Obama.

An American governor getting arrested for trying to sell off a seat in the Senate!

What kind of image do you think that projects to the SCORES of foreign investors whose money we desperately need in order to stay above water? I'll tell you; it projects the image that we're not only a nation of war criminals but also a nation of corrupt scoundrels no better than Nicaragua.

This country is just sliding deeper and deeper into oblivion with every single day that passes.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:18 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,949,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Has Obama been charged with anything in this case? I haven't seen that in the news.
Not a thing. But of course Republicans are giddily hoping.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies