Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 06:54 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,375,125 times

Advertisements

My wife & I were talking last night, while driving around and noting the price of gas that has more than doubled since 2008, and risen almost $1.00 per gallon recently.

We're both fairly moderate politically, but were talking about how, when Bush was President, EVERYTHING was his fault - from Hurricane Katrina, to the price of gas at the pump, to a shortage of flu shots, etc..

Now, NOTHING is Obama's fault. Absolutely nothing. If there's any question, the explanation is that he inherited the problem.

For the record, I do NOT think that everything wrong in the world is Obama's fault. Far from it. But it absolutely baffles me how this is being played out in the media, and the public eye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 06:55 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,286,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
My wife & I were talking last night, while driving around and noting the price of gas more than doubled since 2008).

We're both fairly moderate politically, but were talking about how, when Bush was President, EVERYTHING was his fault - from Hurricane Katrina, to the price of gas at the pump, to a shortage of flu shots, etc..

Now, NOTHING is Obama's fault. Absolutely nothing. If there's any question, the explanation is that he inherited the problem.

For the record, I do NOT think that everything wrong in the world is Obama's fault. Far from it. But it absolutely baffles me how this is being played out in the media, and the public eye.

Everything is always the fault of the prior generation or administration and NEVER the current one, just ask the current generation or administration they will tell you the absolute truth.

Old 03-16-2012, 06:57 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,916,533 times
"George Washington is the only president who didn’t blame the previous administration" - Joey Adams

Old 03-16-2012, 07:05 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,839,819 times
Are we done with FDR, LBJ and Carter?

Old 03-16-2012, 07:06 AM

59,166 posts, read 27,371,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Everything is always the fault of the prior generation or administration and NEVER the current one, just ask the current generation or administration they will tell you the absolute truth.
I don't recall W. Bush blaming Clinton for all the bad things going on that he inherited when he took office.

Like, bad mortgages, no action to get OBL, the levees in New Orleans, Enron, etc.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:06 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,217,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
My wife & I were talking last night, while driving around and noting the price of gas that has more than doubled since 2008, and risen almost $1.00 per gallon recently.

Welcome to the biased media....

Old 03-16-2012, 07:08 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,539,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Welcome to the biased media....
And who owns all the media?

Old 03-16-2012, 07:08 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,962,372 times
Unlike natural gas, which is expensive to ship across oceans, oil is traded on a world market — and the big developments moving prices in that market usually have little to do with events in the United States. Oil prices are up because of rising demand from China and other emerging economies, and more recently because of war scares in the Middle East; these forces easily outweigh any downward pressure on prices from rising U.S. production. And the same thing would happen if Republicans got their way and oil companies were set free to drill freely in the Gulf of Mexico and punch holes in the tundra: the effect on prices at the pump would be negligible.

Regarding your assertion that Obama doesn't get blamed for anything, you and your wife clearly aren't paying attention. Obama gets blamed for all kinds of things, such as over-spending; deficits, etc. -- which are mainly caused by lower government revenue due to the economic downturn and additional spending on safety net programs, also due to the economic downturn -- not any specific action by Obama.

Last edited by MTAtech; 03-16-2012 at 07:20 AM..

Old 03-16-2012, 07:17 AM

1,457 posts, read 2,029,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
What a fantasy World you and your wife live in.

Why don't you give us a link to a source that makes the argument gas prices, hurricanes were George Bush's fault?

Maybe you're confused? Do you recall Bush having to fire the head of FEMA after the hurricane?

Furthermore, I can gladly direct you to scores of liberal sites that blame obama for prolonging wars, erosion of civil rights, failed mortgage relief program, surrounding himself with Wall St insiders and DC lobbyists.

You just don't know what you are talking about
Your queen was the cheerleader, unless at the time you were living under a rock.

one of thousands of sources: Speaker Pelosi blasts President Bush over gas prices | abc7news.com

google anything blaming bush, internet is filled with this kinda crap. Obama has gotten a free ride of no blame since the idiot took office.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:36 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,839,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
Your queen was the cheerleader, unless at the time you were living under a rock.

one of thousands of sources: Speaker Pelosi blasts President Bush over gas prices | abc7news.com

google anything blaming bush, internet is filled with this kinda crap. Obama has gotten a free ride of no blame since the idiot took office.
So, given your stance today, Pelosi's approach is acceptable in your world. But then, and as much as I dislike Pelosi, she actually didn't stop with blame game... she pointed out the fallacy in an ideology that Bush had been pushing for since 2000 (and republicans, probably before that)... the same one that even a Cato Instituter called "Non-sense on stilts". Note the last few exchanges in that article.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies