Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is indoctrinating a child from the time of birth a form of brainwashing?
Yes 64 57.14%
No 41 36.61%
Unsure 7 6.25%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 10:32 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,634,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Looks like all those Christian home-schooling programs unravel once the kid hits college. You can't keep blinders on kids forever, once they realize they have other options, Christianity isn't the end all be all.

Most parents who have wayward children always hope they will return to what was taught when young. Especially when they marry and have their own family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 09:54 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,589,592 times
Exclamation Government Brainwashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
yes indoctrinating a child from birth is a form of brainwashing. it is something that the federal goverment is very good at.

churches at least let you go or not go to their church, but the federal goverment indoctrinates you and your children from the time of birth.

social security number required, vaccinations, wic, social services stopping by and a whole slew of other unneeded and unwanted services.

indoctrination by the federal goverment is always bad and should never be needed by a freedom and liberty loving country.
I like what you said! Here's your mind control and your active brainwashing.

People hey you better wake up and smell the coffee here, because soon what you believe in your heart or what you wish your children to believe in theirs is going to be the least of your worries.

If the people elected/appointed government continue their mission to increase volunteer ism in the united states, there goes the good jobs. The most popular way one will be able to keep up their educated skills for greater employment will be to work for free with the promise of a greater opportunity to work for the U. S. government.

I imagine they will begin by making this sound so good by saying we're working for a greater tomorrow or whatever. The point being more brainwashing coming your way and it has absolutely nothing to do with what you believe in your heart.

humm Religion = Brainwashing

Could that be the division of church and state? I say that because the church does actively work through the local community to lend aid to those in need. They give shelter, refuge to any one of the asking and they help the sick and just countless other things.

So...National Civilian Security Workforce ???? Who will the members be?
American Thinker: Obama's Civilian National Security Force

I need to make a correction on one of my earlier posts.

It isn't Christianity that has tried to mind control me into being happy about being poor. It is the lack of jobs above a living wage that suggests to me I may as well accept things the way they are, because they're not going to get any better any time soon.

God didn't do this. People did.

When the day comes that someone points a gun to your head and asks, do you believe in Christ? It will be the atheist that will be left on earth.

Old 01-17-2009, 12:15 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,643,401 times
Sure it is. But it's a parent's job to "brainwash" their kid, and bring them up with THEIR values, THEIR morals, THEIR ethics. If we were to "brainwash" them into consumerism, democracy, capitalism, conspicuous consumption, and nationalism...would you have a problem with that?

Old 01-17-2009, 01:45 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marodi View Post
Wrong. Atheism isn't a religion.

It is logically impossible for the lack of a religion to be a religion.

The absence of light is not a type of light. The absence of matter is not a type of matter. Lack of sentience is not a type of sentience.

I would define atheism as a type of faith. The atheist believes what he or she cannot prove and that requires a faith of sorts. I, on the other hand, as a born-again Christian am able to prove with certainty that my beliefs are based on verifiable fact.

http://www.ellisskolfield.com/pdf/TFPChapters1-9.pdf

Bible Prophecy - Ellis Skolfield

Mathematical Bible Prophecy

Mathematical Bible Prophecy

Old 05-03-2009, 05:25 PM

67 posts, read 103,084 times
well if going to sunday school and the boys brigade out of choice is indoctrination, well then i suppose i must be.

Old 05-03-2009, 06:34 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,925,109 times
The public schools in this country are guilty of brainwashing too.

Old 06-15-2010, 11:28 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,734,875 times
More evidence

Children taught to be suicide bombers - CNN.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies